Downvoting to knock over the game board

maxdancona

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 10:43 am
@livinglava,
If internet discussions are "not a game", then what are they? You are not here to change the world, and you aren't going to save anyone's soul.

Games are not useless. Often they are good to sharpen your own mind. But you shouldn't take them too seriously.

livinglava

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 10:58 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If internet discussions are "not a game", then what are they?

Public communication available for all to read and participate in. If people don't act responsibly, they become battlefields or just immature gaming to waste time.

How would you like it if you went to school and found out your teachers were just making a game of your education?

Quote:
You are not here to change the world,

Everyone is changing the world with everything they do. The world is constantly changing and we are all part of it.

Quote:
and you aren't going to save anyone's soul.

I'm Christian so I don't have to, because Jesus already did that. I'm just supposed to spread the good news.

Quote:
Games are not useless. Often they are good to sharpen your own mind. But you shouldn't take them too seriously.

Maybe, but you shouldn't make discussion into a game unless that is the stated purpose of the thread. Doing so makes you a troll.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:22 am
@livinglava,
So now you're accusing people of being "irresponsible" because they down vote a post.

It seems to me you'd be better suited for a different discussion board.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:36 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
Public communication available for all to read and participate in. If people don't act responsibly, they become battlefields or just immature gaming to waste time

This made me laugh.

This is a place for you to waste time. If you think that you are accomplishing anything else, you are fooling yourself.

livinglava

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:38 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

So now you're accusing people of being "irresponsible" because they down vote a post.

It seems to me you'd be better suited for a different discussion board.

You're a hurtful person who makes politics personal. I understand feminists do this because they think they can uncritically legitimate anything, e.g. emotionalism, by claiming it was oppressed by patriarchy and thus must be liberated, but sin doesn't stop being sin just because God's a He.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:49 am
@livinglava,
Are you going to melt down again and send me a private message asking me to apologize for swearing?

No?

Ok, then, **** off.
livinglava

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:57 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Are you going to melt down again and send me a private message asking me to apologize for swearing?

No?

Ok, then, **** off.

I never asked you to apologize. I told you I wouldn't ask you to apologize just because my conscience told me to apologize. I learned my lesson after you cussed me out, though, as you are doing now.

Is it a meltdown to listen to your conscience? No, it's part of how you avoid meltdowns.

Do you meltdown when cuss me out in posts? Apparently.
Linkat

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 12:07 pm
@maxdancona,
You got that right that is what LL does. She is fine tuning her arguing skills which she needs as she does not include facts, she uses buzz words and takes out sentences and argues against them without using anything else within your post - then claims well I wouldn't know because you didn't tell me - but you clearly did.

She claims she is a Christian - but Christians do not intentionally twist things around to argue. A Christian would listen and give support. LL is one conflicted person. I have caught her in her web of foolishness and unlike someone who makes a mistake - oh sorry I missed that point you made (aka your daughter had a serious injury - oh yeah probably not a good idea to do yoga and instead twists it around like no - I don't mean the physical yoga --- I mean yeah yeah that's the ticket - yeah the mental kind you can lift your arm up instead - yeah that's the ticket!)

Then sobs - but people vote me down.

I fully explained why you are voted down - and here you have one person supporting voting you up. And who gives a crap about thumbs up or down. The only ones that probably really care about are the ones doing it. It is stupid - -no different than LL's made up arguments and claims. So LL if you care about the thumbs one way or another - you might want to actually engage in some intelligent thinking rather than using big words and buzz words.
Linkat

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 12:13 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Why would you assume I know your daughter? You know that I am just a stranger making general statements about what anyone should do while being stuck indoors.

Because I wrote in my post that she tore her ACL. It was not that she stuck indoors. She was injured and as I stated even for a year she was very limited in what she could do for exercise. I did not expect you to make assumptions else I would not say what her injury was nor that she was unable to exercise; my post was clear that she could not exercise due to injury. You chose to just chop it into one sentence and claim it was because she could not go outdoors. I never mentioned either indoors or outdoors – you made that claim.

Quote:
What do you expect? That I should acknowledge your daughter's exceptionalities without knowing her, just based on what I read someone claim over the internet?

What do I expect? I expect someone if they claim they are making a reasonable suggestion or comment to do so. Please explain to me what was reasonable to suggest doing yoga when someone clearly posted their child tore their ACL? How many people have torn an ACL and they get up and do yoga? Your comment about I meant yoga in a general way - pure bullsh*t covering your a$$ that you made a mistake. At least be big about it and acknowledge that you erred. It is human to make an error as a Christian you should know you are not perfect, but apparently you have not learned to be humble as a Christian should.

How many people when someone lets you know they are very limited on exercise for about a year would suggest they do yoga or some other exercise? I do not expect someone to know my daughter exceptionalities (i.e. buzz word) unless I stated that– well jeepers I guess a torn ACL and VERY LIMITED EXERCISE for a year would qualify for noting an exceptionality unless of course you are not a reasonable person.

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 12:17 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
Do you meltdown when cuss me out in posts? Apparently.

No, that wasn't MY meltdown, it was YOURS. YOU just had to throw in a buzzword (thank you Linkat) and I handed one back to you.

If you don't want to play the game, don't start one.
livinglava

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 12:30 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
A Christian would listen and give support.

Sharing your true thoughts is giving support. Pandering to sound supportive is just ego-worship, which is harmful. When someone tells you it's ok for you to drink or whatever your addiction is because that's what you want to hear, that is not supportive; tough love is supportive. Lying about what you really think so people can continue down a path someone should have warned them about is like the serpent tricking Adam and Eve into eating the apple.

Quote:
LL is one conflicted person. I have caught her in her web of foolishness and unlike someone who makes a mistake - oh sorry I missed that point you made (aka your daughter had a serious injury - oh yeah probably not a good idea to do yoga and instead twists it around like no - I don't mean the physical yoga --- I mean yeah yeah that's the ticket - yeah the mental kind you can lift your arm up instead - yeah that's the ticket!)

I would say that if the conversation was that kind of conversation, but it wasn't. It was a person arguing that the need for sports trumps the need for preventing the spread of the virus, and I don't know whether it's a real person or someone posting fake personal stories on the web to get support for re-opening sporting despite the risks.

Quote:
So LL if you care about the thumbs one way or another - you might want to actually engage in some intelligent thinking rather than using big words and buzz words.

You don't judge the quality of my thinking, only whether my post contains information to review or not. When a post just contains an insult or other negative rhetoric whose only purpose is interpersonal drama, that is different than posts that contain serious thread-input, but they just don't sit well with you personally.

In short, you have to know the difference between what you disagree with and what is just a bad post, in addition to you disagreeing with it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 12:36 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
You're a hurtful person who makes politics personal. I understand feminists do this because they think they can uncritically legitimate anything, e.g. emotionalism, by claiming it was oppressed by patriarchy and thus must be liberated, but sin doesn't stop being sin just because God's a He.

how many buzzwords are in this?

I see half a dozen
livinglava

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 12:46 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Because I wrote in my post that she tore her ACL. It was not that she stuck indoors. She was injured and as I stated even for a year she was very limited in what she could do for exercise. I did not expect you to make assumptions else I would not say what her injury was nor that she was unable to exercise; my post was clear that she could not exercise due to injury. You chose to just chop it into one sentence and claim it was because she could not go outdoors. I never mentioned either indoors or outdoors – you made that claim.

I just didn't read your post that closely for specific details about your personal situation. I am not required to read every post like I am a therapist or counselor. I read generally what I thought you were talking about and I mentioned the possibility of indoor exercise/yoga. If you tell me someone is in a body cast and can't exercise or do yoga, I would say figure out what they can do. Maybe flex or something inside the cast. Idk because I've never been in a body cast and I'm not a physical therapist, but in general if it was ME or my family member who was immobilized in some way, I would be searching for ideas about what is possible despite whatever limitations.

Quote:
What do you expect? That I should acknowledge your daughter's exceptionalities without knowing her, just based on what I read someone claim over the internet?

What do I expect? I expect someone if they claim they are making a reasonable suggestion or comment to do so. Please explain to me what was reasonable to suggest doing yoga when someone clearly posted their child tore their ACL? How many people have torn an ACL and they get up and do yoga? [/quote]
First off, I just had to google ACL because I didn't know what it was. You just post an acronym and expect readers to all know what it stands for? Do you have to get up to do yoga? Not necessarily. You can do arm exercises while sitting or lying, can't you? Why can't you stop attacking me and just realizing I am sharing my POV for in the event that it helps YOU think in ways you haven't yet. I am not here to solve anyone's problems for them; only to share my POV in case it might benefit them to read it. If it doesn't, don't blame and criticize me. It's not my job to submit to yours or anyone else's judgment with what I post. I post what I believe is best to share, and if you believe otherwise, that is your freedom of religion.

Quote:
Your comment about I meant yoga in a general way - pure bullsh*t covering your a$$ that you made a mistake. At least be big about it and acknowledge that you erred. It is human to make an error as a Christian you should know you are not perfect, but apparently you have not learned to be humble as a Christian should.

I'm humble enough to admit that someone like you provokes my ego out of humility and into self-defense. You, on the other hand, are just one of the accusers who seeks to push others into sin instead of having positive discussion.

Quote:
How many people when someone lets you know they are very limited on exercise for about a year would suggest they do yoga or some other exercise? I do not expect someone to know my daughter exceptionalities (i.e. buzz word) unless I stated that– well jeepers I guess a torn ACL and VERY LIMITED EXERCISE for a year would qualify for noting an exceptionality unless of course you are not a reasonable person.

'Exceptionality,' is just a noun that refers to anything that is exceptional, positive or negative. If it is a buzzword, I can't help that. It is just a clear, general word for something that is a special case. If I said, 'specialty,' that would mean something different.

You put too much expectations on me or anyone else with this way that you are thinking. You are trying to hold me accountable for having an opinion about a situation I read on the internet. If what you are posting is truly your personal family situation, realize that this is the internet and anyone can weigh in with any opinion. I try to give my reasons so readers can think for themselves about things I say instead of blindly trusting it. You have to be your own authority instead of expecting others to. All people are just people speaking from their own perspective, regardless of how much or little education and/or experience they may have had; and even when people have lots of education and experience, they still make mistakes and/or their experience/expertise doesn't translate/function well in every situation. Don't blame/accuse me for giving you bad advice when I shared my best thoughts with you, and they are not stupid half-baked opinions, no matter how many people here will label them as such because they dislike me for some political and/or personal reasons.
livinglava

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 12:48 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Quote:

how many buzzwords are in this?

I see half a dozen

Try to read the meaning and not get caught up in the words. If you get stuck on words because you see them as 'buzzwords,' you're not going to get through the whole sentence, let alone make sense from it as a whole.
Linkat

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 01:29 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

I just didn't read your post that closely for specific details about your personal situation. I am not required to read every post like I am a therapist or counselor. I read generally what I thought you were talking about and I mentioned the possibility of indoor exercise/yoga. If you tell me someone is in a body cast and can't exercise or do yoga, I would say figure out what they can do. Maybe flex or something inside the cast. Idk because I've never been in a body cast and I'm not a physical therapist, but in general if it was ME or my family member who was immobilized in some way, I would be searching for ideas about what is possible despite whatever limitations.

So you admit you did not read the post that closely - at least that is a start - but funny you still can not admit you were wrong. Instead you give lame excuses. If you just read generally and do not account for the details that a poster provides - then you are in NO position to provide legitimate feedback. Sure you can provide any cockamamie thoughts and arguments but no one will take you seriously and what you provide is basically crap and useless.

People on here all the time try to provide their insight - if it is someone with an injury or asking medical advice then they preference as see a doctor or I am not a doctor but this has been my experience. You provide dumb suggestions without even fully reading details suggesting stuff that could actually harm someone if they were to follow your advice and you are not even big enough to admit it.

Yes you are not a PT or a doctor so you should NOT even mention it - it just again proves my point that what you write is useless - I do not need nor desire advice from someone that has NO knowledge as you have finally admitted in a half-a$$ed way without even admitting you were wrong. Confession is good for the soul. I think my daughter's surgeon was sufficient to go for advice seeing he is the department head of sports medicine at Boston Children's hospital. So I know of knew not to have her do yoga -

Her therapist might not be the top one - but she is highly regarded and was actually confirmed by another therapist that was no longer working with teens. So I kinda think I will follow their advice on the need for the type of competition and play that suits her mental state rather than some half-a$$ advice that someone that thinks she knows more than these well regarded people in their fields.

When I posted this I was not reaching for advice - it was a COVID-19 Diaries where people were posting their experiences during these hard times. I am also following the guidelines of our state. Probably one of the states with the most rigid guidelines. Again someone a bit more educated in what is going on in this pandemic. So I, nor my family, are doing anything out of the guidelines suggested. I was simply stating how in a few weeks my daughter can go back to something she loves which will assist her mental state and how it has brighten her up so she is more happy and content than she has been in months. Nothing more -

You turned it into some stupid argument without any facts or whatever just to try to show how smart and superior you are - and when you got caught in your web - you still will not admit you were an idiot.

Most people on here will admit that the missed something and simply say oops sorry - but nope you have to be right. So enjoy your righteousness and understand or do not understand that is likely why people enjoy voting you down.

Someone would write "hello" and you would turn it into something ugly.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 01:29 pm
@livinglava,
You don't know me well enough to know if I'm a hurtful person. Yes, Lava, politics IS personal or nobody would ever vote their "conscience."

Your vitriol against feminists does more damage to you that to me. So have at it. Just remind yourself, exactly what you put in is exactly what you'll get back.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 01:32 pm
Able2know is just like sex. Everyone here is here consensually.

It doesn't have to be nice or clean. You can be sweet, or you can be nasty. It is all up to you. Different strokes and all that. It is all good, as long as everyone is having fun.

If you aren't enjoying it, then for God's sake stop doing it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 01:41 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Why are you so obsessed with downvoting behavior on an internet forum?

says the one who doesn't have every post voted down. I assume you are among the other douchbags that vote down every post cause that's how you roll.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 01:49 pm
@McGentrix,
So what?

If the function wasn't there, how would one express either approval or disapproval?

But the function IS there. Whining about getting down voted means nobody liked the post. How and WHY is this such a problem?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 01:53 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
First off, I just had to google ACL because I didn't know what it was. You just post an acronym and expect readers to all know what it stands for? Do you have to get up to do yoga? Not necessarily. You can do arm exercises while sitting or lying, can't you? Why can't you stop attacking me and just realizing I am sharing my POV for in the event that it helps YOU think in ways you haven't yet. I am not here to solve anyone's problems for them; only to share my POV in case it might benefit them to read it. If it doesn't, don't blame and criticize me. It's not my job to submit to yours or anyone else's judgment with what I post. I post what I believe is best to share, and if you believe otherwise, that is your freedom of religion.

Well one would have thought they would google ACL (a very common but serious sports injury) if they wanted to intelligently discuss it. But you just want to argue without having any facts. Again proving my point that you have little or no facts to support what you say. And do you know how many times a poster has posted something that uses common acronyms and I have no idea what it means? I either ask - or I look it up - I do not comment and say they should do yoga when I have no idea what it is that is ailing them.

If you were sharing a realistic POV then yes I would not have any problem. But it is for lack of a better term stupid at best - harmful at worst. Giving medical advice can be harmful so unless you know what you are doing - which you did not by your own admission even know what a tore ACL was - but you did know it was serious as I expressed it was a two year recovery. Common sense would then tell you - well this must be a serious injury even if I don't know what it is - since it takes so long to recover - maybe just maybe it isn't a good idea to do yoga or suggest any sort of exercise if it takes two years to fully recover and the poster says they cannot do much exercise for a year.

Hmm quite likely in this case, they have a PT or they would need a doctor as they are saying it is a TWO YEAR recovery so likely the doctor is letting them know what is proper care. Hmm - at least that is what a reasonable person would think.

But know I should think in a different way and see another POV rather than a trusted doctor which a reasonable person would believe as the poster stated their child had a TWO YEAR recovery.

Just capping stuff as you do not seem to like to read the details.

So most of what you are arguing or rather stating a different POV is stuff around the medical field which you seem to feel is that showing a different POV from someone who has no experience is the field is what one should do. To me that is not what reasonable person does -

You still are not humble enough to admit you are wrong so be it. You again twist the humble to make it appears as if I am provoking and am the bad guy sorry lady keep living on your high horse and feel you are above others - that is not humble.

And there is no positive discussion when someone with NO experience in the medical field wants to give you another POV rather than a licensed and experienced doctor or therapists. Not only is not positive it can be very harmful if the person receiving it is ignorant enough to believe your POV and follows it. Please explain how that is a positive discussion?

I am not attacking you - I am attacking your lame claims - and the fact that you cannot admit that your facts are screwed up and instead of admitting you made a mistake you are twisting things and using big buzz words in an effort to make the other person seem unintelligent.

I actually have no expectations of you - other than to use facts if you expect anyone to even listen to your POV or argument. I gave this post as an example of why you get voted down - and it may not be just because someone is childish - it could be because of how you handle things and act as though you know more than others.

Be humble and read through your posts - you start arguments. You pulled almost each of my sentences and provided an ill filled POV on each of these which in many cases were medically related. It is not something that required a POV - yes anyone can comment and provide their opinion - I am giving my opinion of why your opinion s*cks. And why others may feel that way as well and thus downvote you.

You were the one who asked why people down vote you - I am proving you my POV, argument, or opinion on why that is the case. In your own words - "just realizing I am sharing my POV for in the event that it helps YOU think in ways you haven't yet."

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:57:52