Help out a friend of Joe Nation's....

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 06:15 am
Bobbi, a friend of mine needs a contact. Somebody here has got to know somebody who knows somebody. Suffice it to be said that Bobbi is smart, working, talented and has a star quality persona.

She writes:
Quote:
OK - now - I need help! - I am sending out this MASS e-mail to ask ANYONE out there if they:

1. Know ANYONE/have a contact name for ANYONE at XM And/Or Sirius Radio?

2. If SO - could I possibly use his/her name as an in to send a Demo or package to?

I am NO LONGER working a day job and so far or rather for the past month have not been able to really make a living- (Just booked a National Radio spot for Tme Warner Cable Digital Phone Service - as well as the CDC-Verb campaign that is still running - and a few web sites I am part of as well as a film or 2 and a company in Seattle and St. Louis and a few more!!) and I would like to approach either/or both companies and offer my services - for hire.

I already sent both stations packages - but it was too general - I need a contact/name etc.

Even if it is a DJ/Talk Show personality - Creative Director etc etc. I think if I can contact him/her I can get to the right place or AT LEAST get their EAR - so to speak -

ANYONE you may know or think you can forward this to would be very VERY much appreciated - Please!

Thanks - Bobbi

Okay, A2K, who knows who?

Joe(I know you know)Nation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,133 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 12:39 am
I was able to find names and emails on Sirius' website within 20 seconds, has Bobbi even tried?

In case it helps, have a look at their contact us page, it has several names/emails.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 12:41 am
From their "About Us" page I found more, and links to pages with more....
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 03:22 am
Kids! They know a lot of stuff, but they don't know how to look for a job.

Thanks, C.

Joe(Why when I was their age we had to...)Nation
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:06 am
I think the point is a contact/ networking, not just finding the name. Like, "Hi, I'm a friend of Craven's! He gave me your contact info..."

Bobbi wrote:
. If SO - could I possibly use his/her name as an in to send a Demo or package to?

A way to get attention, stand out from the pack. ("Oh, this applicant knows my friend Craven, and it looks like he told her to contact me... interesting...")
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 03:28 am
correct.

So does anybody know anybody around here? Or are we just anti-socialites chained to these screens and keyboards? I'll say one thing, looking through their website made me want to go work for them.

Joe(This is New York)Nation
0 Replies