The Deal With COPPA Regulations

Rebelofnj

Thu 24 Jun, 2021 04:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
Out of all of the high quality and/or well marketed entertainment choices that exist worldwide, how are you going to stand out? Not to mention that it will take several months/years for you (like everyone who starts out) to get enough viewers/subscribers to get monetization.

You were told in the past that Christian entertainment is not very popular, barring a few examples. You also mentioned that you found fault in other popular Christian works.
https://able2know.org/topic/548200-1
JGoldman10

Thu 24 Jun, 2021 04:50 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Really? The indie animator and cartoonist I am friends with on YouTube (and you know I am talking about) has made Flash cartoons that generated at least a million views each in a short period of time.
Not all of his cartoon videos generated at least a million views each but a lot of them did.

Verbalase is a pro beatboxer on YouTube with his own cartoon series, Cartoon Beatbox Battles. Every episode of this series he and his production team made generated at least 1 million views each in a short period of time.

There are dozens of other indie cartoon makers on YouTube whose works I have seen who have produced cartoon videos that generated at least a million views each in a short period of time.

There are indie comics makers on YouTube who have showcased their comics in video form (in video slideshows, comic dubs, or in other formats) and their videos have generated at least a million views each.

By "short period of time" I mean in the short amount of time since they have been published on YouTube.

I know some indie cartoon and/or comics makers on YouTube are more successful than others. I don't know about indie cartoon and/or comics makers on other video sharing sites like Dailymotion, Metacafe and on social media sites and other online platforms.

The guy who produced the Foamy The Squirrel cartoon series on YouTube only has a few videos in his series that generated at least a million views each.

I'm just using these things as examples, I am not talking about Christian stuff.
JGoldman10

Thu 24 Jun, 2021 04:54 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Yes, Veggie Tales is ridiculous.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Thu 24 Jun, 2021 05:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
For you, it would take a much longer time to get an initial audience because you have no social media presence at all. I'm going to assume all of the indie creators you have seen are using Twitter, Facebook, Patreon, and so on to build their audience. Verbalase even has his own website.

After getting a steady audience, it is relatively easy to get a million views per video.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 24 Jun, 2021 05:30 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I think I would rather focus on attracting a large enough AMERICAN audience. If my stuff becomes popular enough with FOREIGN ones then good.

I would be happy if my videos generate AT LEAST a million views each on YouTube, Dailymotion and Metacafe and on other video sharing sites. People still get paid per views per video. The way monetization is set up on YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe AND presumably on other video sharing sites you can earn at least $1000 per video if you generate at least one million views per video. If I am not mistaken the pay rate on Dailymotion and Metacafe is more than it is on YouTube. I'm not sure how monetization for videos works on social media sites and on other online platforms but it's probably set up in the same or similar fashion as video sharing sites.

I want to showcase and monetize videos of my works on as many online platforms as I can.

If you can produce quality-level works that you can show off in video form and/or in other formats online that are interesting LARGE NUMBERS of people WILL BE DRAWN to them.

I am also interested in doing commission work and showcasing that stuff on as many online platforms as I can.
Rebelofnj

Thu 24 Jun, 2021 05:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
To repeat, it would take months/years for you to get videos with a million views due to you having no online presence.

You honestly would have to spend more money to make some money. Based on the equipment and software you would need to get started, that is at least $1,000 all together for the cheap stuff.
JGoldman10

Sun 27 Jun, 2021 12:42 am
@Rebelofnj,
I do have a Facebook account and a Twitter account but I rarely used them to interact with other people. I never had a MySpace account set up and the pre Timberlake era back when Myspace was popular. In hindsight I wish I did have a MySpace account set up back then; my works probably would have blown up on Myspace back then. The site is solely reserved now for artists and writers. I do have my MySpace account set up now.

I have a YouTube account and a Dailymotion one and a Metacafe one set up but no videos uploaded to my channels.

I have a DeviantArt account and a Newgrounds account but I only have a few works published on DeviantArt and Newgrounds.

So I have to have a large social media presence and build up a fanbase in order to attract audiences to my works?

How do I build up a fanbase?
Rebelofnj

Sun 27 Jun, 2021 03:56 am
@JGoldman10,
I explained how you could get an online fanbase several times in the past. I'm not going to explain yet again since you clearly are not using my advice.
JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 06:59 am
@Rebelofnj,
Where was this? On Yahoo! Answers? Please tell me where you gave this advice. I'll look it up for myself.

I need to be better organized with my personal notes and research and such.

In hindsight I wish I had focused on keeping up with and doing this stuff pre-pandemic. I couldn't really focus on this dealing with family.
JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 07:21 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Where was this? On Yahoo! Answers? Please tell me where you gave this advice. I'll look it up for myself.

I need to be better organized with my personal notes and research and such.

In hindsight I wish I had focused on keeping up with and doing this stuff pre-pandemic. I couldn't really focus on this dealing with family.

I was BUSY.
JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 09:13 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

I explained how you could get an online fanbase several times in the past. I'm not going to explain yet again since you clearly are not using my advice.

Okay. Did you PM and/or personally email me this info? Please let me know where it is when you get the chance. Thank you.
Rebelofnj

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 09:49 am
@JGoldman10,
I told you here, on Yahoo Answers, and through email.

I'm not going to send the information yet again, just so you can ignore it and ask the same question 6 months from now.
Linkat

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 09:59 am
@JGoldman10,
If it is in your personal IM here - simply go to the right hand corner and click on inbox - you should be able to search through any discussions with Rebelofnj.

If it is within a thread simply read through it - you are an adult and should not have to be spooned fed ... I am sure that Rebelofnj is busy enough without directing you exactly where you need to go after he provided you valuable information.

Rebelofnj

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 09:59 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I was BUSY.

You are always busy, it seems. Too busy to watch anything on TV, to go to the theaters, to celebrate any holiday. If you are always busy, then how will you be able find time to work on your various projects as well as market them on social media? Or even, have the time and money to get the equipment needed to even get started?
Linkat

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 10:16 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

I was BUSY.

You are always busy, it seems. Too busy to watch anything on TV, to go to the theaters, to celebrate any holiday. If you are always busy, then how will you be able find time to work on your various projects as well as market them on social media? Or even, have the time and money to get the equipment needed to even get started?

AKA I am too lazy.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 01:34 pm
@Rebelofnj,
No, my family moved out. My mother and brother are gone. I don't have to take the time to deal with them on an almost everyday basis, which took up a great deal of time. Having to help take care of my brother and my mother to an extent was almost a full-time job in itself.

I have TIME now to focus on getting what I need to get a career going. I couldn't really focus on doing that with them around.

They aren't around to create any distractions.

I don't have regular or satellite/cable TV service at the moment.
JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 01:40 pm
@Linkat,
I'm not asking to be "spoon fed" anything. I simply asked where this info was so I can look it up myself.
Linkat

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 01:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
Well it seems you have a choice of two places if you tried to look them up at each place you would have found it before you even posted the question of where it is
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 02:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

No, my family moved out. My mother and brother are gone. I don't have to take the time to deal with them on an almost everyday basis, which took up a great deal of time. Having to help take care of my brother and my mother to an extent was almost a full-time job in itself.

I have TIME now to focus on getting what I need to get a career going. I couldn't really focus on doing that with them around.

They aren't around to create any distractions.

I don't have regular or satellite/cable TV service at the moment.

Right now I am trying to figure out what to do regarding having a printer that works. I need a color all-in-one - a printer that prints, copies, scans AND faxes.

I was told and I was convinced having a laser printer is better than having an inkjet one based on the research I did so I got a laser one.

I am hoping the company that made the color laser all-in-one printer I ordered off of eBay can help me get the ADF cover that was broken off the printer and was partially damaged can help me get it fixed or replaced.

Right now I am supposed to learning how to use the art programs I was talking about - Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator and QuarkExpress - through a free online learning system from home. I am also supposed to be learning how to voice act professionally right now through an online program I signed up for but I am waiting till I can afford to get the tools and equipment I need to do that.

I am also supposed to be doing transcription work from home but my laptop needs to be fixed first.

Linkat

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 02:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
They gave you your money back! Go and order another printer - you have the money for it!

Or if you need your laptop fixed - go out and get it fixed- instead of getting the printer use that money you got back and get your laptop fixed. They you do the transcript work, get some money and buy a new printer.

We all gave you advice on this a while ago on the A2k website do a little search and you will find it.

Are you incapable of thinking for yourself?