The Deal With COPPA Regulations

JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 03:03 pm
@Linkat,
The printer has nothing to do with the laptop.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 03:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
You had mentioned that your family moved out in late 2019. So you likely had about 18 months of uninterrupted attention for your projects. The 2020 quarantine also could have given you more time to work on your scripts, at least, if you don't have the proper equipment and software for animation.
JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 03:45 pm
@Rebelofnj,
And comics. I had been focusing more on functioning and surviving and getting my personal health together and getting organized.

I have been trying to develop some ideas and material for my toons and/or comics in my spare time.
Rebelofnj

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 03:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
And have you made any progress? And I just mean for your script work.
JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 08:41 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

I told you here, on Yahoo Answers, and through email.

I'm not going to send the information yet again, just so you can ignore it and ask the same question 6 months from now.

Okay, what do you mean by "send the information again" and WHY do you ASSUME I was going to forget about it again? WHY are you claiming that? I don't receive that.

I was going to archive what you said by cutting and pasting it to my personal email, and labelling it.

I have two Yahoo! Answers datapacks saved to my laptop. I will skim through them and my PMs on this site and through my personal email to see what you said about building up a database.

As I said I have TIME NOW to get organized and focus on getting what I need to get my cartoons and comics developed, published online and to attract people to them.
JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 08:42 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

And have you made any progress? And I just mean for your script work.

Yes.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 09:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
Because there have been multiple instances over the years where you ask the same question over and over, even though I or other people have provided more than adequate answers to you. I even copied and pasted my own answers on few of your repeated questions.

Also, as I told you before (but, surprise surprise, you forgot), the Yahoo Answers datapacks you got only has your own answers and your questions, so you actually do not have any of my old answers.
JGoldman10

Tue 29 Jun, 2021 11:51 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'll look at my PMs and personal emails over the weekend.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 30 Jun, 2021 06:53 am
He stated himself he cannot work - his mom and brother are not around - so it makes no logical sense that he is so busy he cannot do his own research.

It appears we are all working full time jobs with families but find a way to provide answers to him. I would think we would be too busy to help him rather than the other way around.

Yet Goldman wants us to pay for his driving classes and obtaining a license (from a thread about crowdfunding campaigns). This does not seem a good investment as he is incapable of even finding responses people have given him with the amble time he should have - I do not think funding a driving class would end up be a successful investment.
Rebelofnj

Wed 30 Jun, 2021 05:10 pm
@Linkat,
I'm trying to figure out how he manages his time.

I work a 40 hour week/8 hour day job, I take care of other important matters and I have obligations to take care of my younger and older family members on a regular basis. And yet I have plenty of free time to watch couple hundred films this year, read a couple dozen books, build several model kits, and attend several social functions.

But JG is apparently far too busy to do anything. He mentioned he was battling depression so I wonder if that is a major factor in his time management.
JGoldman10

Wed 30 Jun, 2021 11:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Did you post info about starting a fanbase as answers or as comments on Yahoo! Answers? I don't remember.

I can't go and search for this stuff on Yahoo! Answers since the site is down.

Hopefully I have this saved in my personal email.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 30 Jun, 2021 11:40 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I make business calls during the day. I am supposed to be doing transcription work from home on my laptop but my laptop needs servicing.

I am supposed to be doing voice acting training but I need equipment and materials and such to turn my den into a voice acting studio. I am waiting till I can afford to get this stuff.

It took me a while to figure out what I was going to do regarding my printer situation.

I am supposed to be learning those art programs I was talking about through an online learning system but I still get the okay from the head of my local employment center to use it. My laptop still needs to get fixed.

I still have personal business I need to help my mother out with but I haven't been able to reach her by phone.

I am supposed to be getting my house thoroughly straightened up and decluttered.

I go out when I have to buy stuff, or when I have a doctor's and dentist's appointment, or when I need to go pick some food up, or to take care of other business.

I have things to do.

I haven't been over to the library too much since the pandemic started. I DO go to the library.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 30 Jun, 2021 11:44 pm
@Linkat,
Do you know how expensive driving lessons are? How expensive buying a vehicle is?

I tried finding out about buying a car from Craiglist for $1000 or less but I was told a vehicle being sold in that price range might not last too long.
JGoldman10

Wed 30 Jun, 2021 11:45 pm
@Linkat,
Yes I am on Disability. I want to work, but I am busy dealing with other things first. If you're on Disability there's only a certain amount you are allowed to earn before it gets counted against your benefits.

I need a printer so I can print out cover letters and resumes and forward them to people.

I need one for business and art purposes and for other personal use.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 30 Jun, 2021 11:49 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'm not so busy I can't go to the library to get any research work done. I have to make time for it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 1 Jul, 2021 01:41 am
@Rebelofnj,
What "social functions" if I may ask? Comic book conventions?

I don't like going to parties or to beaches. I haven't been to any parties or to any beaches in years.

I don't recall the last time I ever went to any public parks.

I was forced to help care of my younger brother and my mother to an extent. I didn't like it.

My mother didn't want to put him anywhere. She did consider putting him in a home but she was advised against doing so. I did try to help her find a work program for people like him that he could join since he was kicked out of the one he was in, and tried to help her find an adult daycare center for him - but he was TOO OLD for non-senior ones and TOO YOUNG for senior ones. I tried to find SOME kind of facility he could go to during the day that would cater to him and keep him occupied, but I couldn't find any so we were basically stuck with him.

I am not going to go into great detail about what my brother did when he was around, it's personal. If I disclosed this it would probably upset some people. I'll just say he did stuff to try to make things unpleasant and miserable for me and my mother.

I am glad he's gone.
Rebelofnj

Thu 1 Jul, 2021 04:15 am
@JGoldman10,
Social functions meaning birthday parties, family gatherings, and office picnics.

Anyway, you partly did tell me what your brother did. You also mentioned that he now lives with your sister. Again, you seem to have an uncontrollable habit of telling me personal details I did not ask for.

I cannot be your only source on how to be successful online. You must have asked that Rapter guy on YouTube these questions, especially as he does have a fanbase.

You might want to re-check your state's current restrictions. My state recently lifted most restrictions so my libraries are open, and people can visit hospitals and other long-term heath care facilities, as long as they wear masks.
Linkat

Thu 1 Jul, 2021 08:01 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Do you know how expensive driving lessons are? How expensive buying a vehicle is?

I tried finding out about buying a car from Craiglist for $1000 or less but I was told a vehicle being sold in that price range might not last too long.

Certainly I have two daughters who in the past few years have been through driving's ed so I know the cost. We just bought a "new" used car so of course I fully understand the cost.

But I work and earn the money and then when I can afford it - I purchase these things for my family. My 22 year old that just finished college does not own a car yet due to the expense. We have 2 cars for 4 drivers in our home and are working around that to get every one to work until my 22 year old is in a good position to buy one with limited amount of monthly payment.

But that is what one does when they have limited funds - they budget and find a way to work around it rather than ask others for money. Now I am not against anyone asking for money when they are in a dire situation, but otherwise you budget and work around what you earn or get an additional job. If you have transportation problems now - have you reach out to your church support system? That is part of the positives of being a part of good church family - you help each other when needed - now they will not support you but they will help you get on your feet with things like rides to work, help finding a good used car, help getting a solid job, etc.

And yes - do not buy a car for under $1k it would be junk.
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 1 Jul, 2021 08:09 am
@Rebelofnj,
You might also want to reach out to your state services - there may be other options for you financially and/or for other support like getting you a good paying job, help with getting a good computer setup (via donations), etc. especially if you are disable. Have you checked out any of these services?

A simple search I found this from my state:

https://disabilityinfo.org/fact-sheet-library/basic-needs-2/basic-programs-services-for-people-with-disabilities/#:~:text=Massachusetts%20Office%20on%20Disability%20(MOD,rehabilitation%20agencies%2C%20MRC%20and%20MCB.&text=Phone%3A%20617%2D727%2D7440.

There are many programs out there where you can get assistance.

I know you say you are on a fixed income - have you checked out any food banks out there? A church just a walk away from me has a food pantry they offer up where anyone can come in without question and get some basic food items.

Also - I know you say your money you got back is for a printer, but it seems you need money now - wouldn't it make sense to get your laptop fixed first (how can you print anything anyway if your laptop doesn't work?) - earn some money from that online transcribing and then use that money to buy a printer. Otherwise you are just sitting there with a printer and broken laptop - how is that to help you finance yourself?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 2 Jul, 2021 05:39 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

To repeat, it would take months/years for you to get videos with a million views due to you having no online presence.

How do you know this for a fact? The indie cartoonist and animator I am friends with on YouTube only has a YouTube account and a DeviantArt one. He had no problem getting attracting an audience to his works. He attracted a lot of people to his works in short periods of time.

I have an online presence. I have video sharing site accounts and social media accounts and accounts on artist/writer community sites like DeviantArt and Newgrounds.

What do I need to do to have a strong social media presence?