Rove was the source of the Plame leak... so it appears

JustWonders

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 08:52 pm
Yup. Cheney did it. And Cooper and Miller are so in awe of him, they'd surely go to the mat to protect him Smile

<He was also on the grassy knoll, dontcha know?>
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:01 pm
Hehehhahrhehhahehhaehaeh

You Righties are downright hysterical

I mean, don't you see?

This ends BADLY for your side, NO MATTER WHAT happens from this point. The stink of scandal is already all over the WH.

All that is left is to see just HOW bad things are going to get.

And I have a little hint for you: Fitzgerald is no fool. He knows exactly what the stakes are and what proof is needed to make a case.

Rove may be able to dodge this, but the damage has been done. The only thing that the WH can do now is try to stop the bleeding before '06.

Cycloptichorn

ps hehehheeeehhehahahahaaaa hhahehaehaheaeaeeahhhh

The paint peels off a little further
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:04 pm
This'll be forgotten by Wednesday.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:04 pm
(Gosh, awfully tempting to start another bet...)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:05 pm
<where's pdid when Lash is in a betting mood?>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:05 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:07 pm
Soz seems to want to bet on something.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:12 pm
Well, forgotten by Wednesday seems a tad <squints, holds fingers veryvery close together> unlikely to me, but kind of hard to prove, too. (Lash: "it's been forgotten". Soz: "so hasn't!" Then...?) I need to get to bed, but if we can figure out some "forgotten" standards, sure.

Oh, and the stakes too.

Nighty night...
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:13 pm
Grand Cyclops...there were plenty of this type of scandal right before the '04 election.

Didn't help your war-hero Kerry, did it?

Is the MSM doing it's best to further slime the WH and Bush in particular? Yep. Fortunately, people with common sense see through their pitiful antics.

See what else you can come up with. You only continue your downward slide into irrelevance...not that the Dems could go much lower.

<Grand Cyclops....Byrd held that title in the KKK LOL>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:14 pm
Oh and which Wednesday, that too. There seems to be a "definition of is is" vibe goin' around, so that could probably stand to be clarified, too. I took it to mean Wednesday, July 6th, 2005. Not, like, Wednesday, March 11th, 2010.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:16 pm
"Any Wednesday"...isn't that a movie? LOL.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:18 pm
The white house will respond with a "justify" rather than a denial. Reminds me of WoMD (change the subject technique). All of which reminds me of Nixon. I am thinking that Bush may very well replace Nixon as the most hated man in american politics.(I admit Bush has a long way to go to be the blatant criminality of Nixon but he has a good start). Hell, Bush is starting to make Johnson (LBJ) look good in comparison.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:28 pm
I suspect this will "end" soon, and "end" nowhere as inprotiously for The Current Administration as The Opposition will wish. I expect there will be some embarrassment, but I doubt seriously the embarrassment will fall to the right.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:28 pm
Stradee--

Guess time will tell if we've got it right. Will be interesting to watch the procession, eh?

Lash, I'm convinced the leak was intentional, and that Rove saw an opportunity to silence the opposition, with knowledge that Plume was CIA covert. What Rove didn't anticipate was Ashcrots refusal to investigate the charges. I should also revise and say the WH committed another "explainable" stupid mistake, that may send Rove packing.

Will be interesting seeing what card the WH plays after tomorrows news.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:35 pm
Who the heck is this 'Plume"?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:36 pm
Stradee wrote:
Stradee--

Guess time will tell if we've got it right. Will be interesting to watch the procession, eh?

Lash, I'm convinced the leak was intentional, and that Rove saw an opportunity to silence the opposition, with knowledge that Plume was CIA covert. What Rove didn't anticipate was Ashcrots refusal to investigate the charges. I should also revise and say the WH committed another "explainable" stupid mistake, that may send Rove packing.

Will be interesting seeing what card the WH plays after tomorrows news.

Interesting you should mention "tomorrow's news".
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:42 pm
Just as I thought.

Timber's article:

Lawyer Tells 'Wash Post' Rove Did Nothing Wrong
By E&P Staff
Published: July 02, 2005 10:00 PM ET

NEW YORK An attorney for Karl Rove, President Bush's chief political adviser, confirmed to the Washington Post on Saturday that his client did speak with Time magazine's Matthew Cooper in July 2003. But the lawyer said Rove never identified Valerie Plame as a CIA operative to Cooper in those conversations.

The attorney, Robert Luskin said that Patrick Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor in the Plame case, assured him in October and again last week that Rove is not a target of his investigation.

"Karl did nothing wrong. Karl didn't disclose Valerie Plame's identity to Mr. Cooper or anybody else," Luskin told the Post. Luskin said the question remains unanswered: "Who outed this woman? ... It wasn't Karl."

MSNBC political analyst Lawrence O'Donnell and Newsweek's Michael Isikoff had revealed, in recent hours, that Rove's name turned up in the notes Time Inc. turned over to a federal judge on Friday.

"Cooper has said that more than one confidential source is identified in his e-mails and the notes of interviews he conducted in July 2003," the Post reported.

Rove answered questions under oath before a grand jury on Oct. 15. According to Luskin, the prosecutor said he believes Rove was candid about his contact with reporters. "I've been assured by the prosecutor they have no reason to doubt the honesty of anything he's said," Luskin said.

Richard B. Schmitt in the Los Angeles Times reported tonight; "In confirming the conversation between Rove and Cooper, Rove attorney Robert Luskin stressed that the presidential adviser did not reveal any secrets. But the disclosure raised new questions about Rove and the precise role of the White House in the apparent national security breach as Cooper and another reporter, Judith Miller of the New York Times, faced imminent jail terms."

Cooper and New York Times reporter Judith Miller face four months in jail as early as Wednesday for defying a federal judge's order to cooperate with Fitzgerald's investigation.
----
I hope they sue O'Donnell.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:44 pm
Hey! Wasn't Isikoff the one who ran with a half-assed contact that got so many people killed--the mussed Koran?

He needs to have his computer keyboard glued.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:49 pm
Interesting Timber, so the story so far is denial, I would go with that as well but I don't think that will float the boat for a large segment of the US that is already finds Bushco suspect. In simple terms, the Bush entourage has lost a great deal of credibility of recent and, correct or not, the spin isn't going well with the public at large. The way I see it, the public thinks all politics is based on mistruth and Bush is currently the center of attention.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:50 pm
Lash!! That was my VERY first thought!!! Only I thought (and think...and hope) that ROVE should sue!!! Wow.

And just for kicks....who in the universe doesn't think that had it really been ROVE Cooper and Miller were protecting, they'd have fallen over each other to give up his name! Geesh.

<Betcha Rove doesn't sue, though>

Dang.
0 Replies