Rove was the source of the Plame leak... so it appears

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 08:14 am
Quote:
Rove Source of Plame Leak?
Editor & Publisher reported this just before midnight Friday. Time Magazine has turned over documents to the Grand Jury which is investigating the Valerie Plame leak. On the McLaughlin Group Friday night, Lawrence O'Donnell, senior MSNBC political analyst, said that the leak came from Karl Rove.

Here is the transcript of O'Donnell's remarks:

"What we're going to go to now in the next stage, when Matt Cooper's e-mails, within Time Magazine, are handed over to the grand jury, the ultimate revelation, probably within the week of who his source is.

"And I know I'm going to get pulled into the grand jury for saying this but the source of...for Matt Cooper was Karl Rove, and that will be revealed in this document dump that Time magazine's going to do with the grand jury."
http://uspolitics.about.com/b/a/182409.htm

And now how did the sneaky bastard manage to get this one released on the Friday night before the holiday?

If this proves so, and if it does not move quickly to a criminal indictment, then revolution time really ought to follow immediately.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 99,493 • Replies: 2,621
No top replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 08:53 am
And, come to think of it, this announcement or release or leak also falls happily under cover of the huge media concentration on the SC.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 08:55 am
Huh!

If so, are there any legal repercussions for him? Isn't it supposed to be illegal to reveal the identity of a working agent, something like that?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 08:59 am
where is Bob the Novak?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:02 am
bm.

(eagerly awaiting the conservatroids)
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:05 am
dyslexia wrote:
where is Bob the Novak?

Given that Novak, who published the leak, has been hes been off limits to the prosecutor and grand jury, I wonder else he has on Rove, or Bush?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:06 am
soz

Oh yes. The boy (actually, boys, as Scooter Libby, Cheney's chief of staff was previously named) would land in federal prison given successful indictments.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:07 am
Oh my!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:11 am
Not surprised. Don't expect anything to come of it.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:13 am
Blatham
Do you recall how President Bush said he wanted the leaker found and brought to justice. Must have been really hard to find the rat so close to him.

It will be interesting to see if the Media does it's job with all the news about the supreme court, the G-8, and Paris Hilton consuming their time on a holiday weekend. Good timing for Karl Rove.

I've always been of two minds about protecting journalist source privilege. I support it for whistle blowers generally. But if a source has broken a law as was done in this case, then I'm inclined to think a reporter might reconsider protecting the source, especially one that put a CIA agent's life in danger. I think the source has to earn such protection. I don't think it applies in this case.

BBB
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:21 am
BBB

I'm not an absolutist on it either. This case puts a fine point on the issue.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:36 am
BBB
Makes a lot of sense.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:53 am
Blatham.......you really know how to bring the Rove haters out of the woodwork.........go on and have a really good "Chortle"..... maybe some of you will choke on your coffee.........OH......I AM sorry if I don't seem to show any sympathy for a "LIB".

Don't be too disapointed if Bob Woodward and his ilk have difficulty in really connecting Rove with the leak...........in other words don't count your jail sentences before they materialize
Laughing

Note......I may be forced to burn this post at some future date. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:55 am
"We need more human intelligence. That means we need more protection for the methods we use to gather intelligence and more protection for our sources, particularly our human sources, people that are risking their lives for their country. Even though I'm a tranquil guy now at this stage of my life, I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view, the most insidious, of traitors." - George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999
Source: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Speeches and Testimonies: Remarks By George Bush, 41st President of the United States, At the Dedication Ceremony for the George Bush Center for Intelligence, 26 April 1999

So the question is, will Rove, who the Bush family seems to have adopted as one of their own, be held to the account?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 10:06 am
Same ole "liberal" justice.......conviction without any real proof
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 10:06 am
Heh.

It's important to realize that this has probably moved past an investigation of the leak, and on to a Perjury investigation.

Fitzgerald has said in the past more than once that he knows who all the players are in this case; he just needed some confirmation from 2 independent sources to go forth.

My guess is that Rove lied to the Grand Jury in some fashion, and is going to get caught out by it.

HeeHEHEHEHEHEEE EHEHEEEHEHEHE

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 10:29 am
rayban1 wrote:
Blatham.......you really know how to bring the Rove haters out of the woodwork.........go on and have a really good "Chortle"..... maybe some of you will choke on your coffee.........OH......I AM sorry if I don't seem to show any sympathy for a "LIB".

Don't be too disapointed if Bob Woodward and his ilk have difficulty in really connecting Rove with the leak...........in other words don't count your jail sentences before they materialize
Laughing

Note......I may be forced to burn this post at some future date. Evil or Very Mad

Yes, don't fill up on candy before the big meal is ready.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 10:38 am
Blatham wrote:
Yes, don't fill up on candy before the big meal is ready.

Great come back......you truly are clever at times
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 10:39 am
Re: Rove was the source of the Plame leak... so it appears
blatham wrote:
And now how did the sneaky bastard manage to get this one released on the Friday night before the holiday?

The Bush administration always releases bad news on Fridays.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 11:20 am
joe

I know. West Wing took a good poke or three at this technique.

So now we'd like to see last weeks phone logs between the White House and Time Warner and we'd like to check and see if O'Donnell has just had a large cheque deposited into his new swiss bank account
0 Replies