love during covid 19

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 02:51 pm
Hey guys,
So I wanted to just share my situation and hear another opinion to see if I'm the only one thinking like this. We all know the COVID 19 hysterics has taken over the world now- the parliament in my country closed almost everything, declared it's exceptional situation, makes new laws regarding the virus everyday, some cities are under karantine etc, you see it's a serious thing. I'm home office for 2 weeks and decided that because of the situation I'm not going out unless I have to shop for food 2 times- It sucks a lot but I prefer to be safe than sorry , besides I live with my family even though I'm 24 and I do it also to protect them( besides my dad has MS so catching a virus would be extra hard for him)
Me and my bf have been dating for 3 months now and we haven't seen each other since last Friday- when this situation was declared as force majore by the governors. He was sick during the weekend and even though I'm sure it's nothin more than a regular cold I'm more worried than usual, I also explained to him last Friday that our meetings are going to be limited. Yesterday he asked me to come over to his place and said- ok, i'm not sick anymore, so it's ok to come( he lives with roommates so i don't know what these people are exposed to etc). when i responded that i don't think it's wise to do it and i wanna keep it safe he acted like not seeing each other for 2 weeks is a big deal in this situation, as if I don't go out because it's my wish to do so. Sad and even said that for him, taking a taxi to his place is safer than let's say, going grocery shopping.. I feel like he doesn't understand my motives and what bothers me the most is that he's willing to risk my health for the sake of meeting for 1 night, and besides he's 29 years old and I think at this age you should be more responsible than this. He keeps saying he doesn't want to push me but I feel like he does and when I try to explain again my motives he says- I' m smart enough to know the reasons but still we haven't met in 2 weeks....and hasn't texted me at all today!
What are your opinions on this, I'm honestly interested to hear another point of view because the topic is unfortunately relevant and not dissapearing anytime soon Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 740 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 02:57 pm
@fierainquieta95,
fierainquieta95 wrote:

Me and my bf have been dating for 3 months now and we haven't seen each other since last Friday

we haven't met in 2 weeks

last Friday is less than a week ago

___

in any case, I don't think any relationship is worth breaking quarantine. Just listened to an interview with a woman who has had to isolate herself from her babies as she was on an out of country business trip a week ago. That is someone who takes care of the people she loves.

does your boyfriend realize that even if you did agree to see him you would still have to socially isolate - be at least six feet apart - to protect your father. the kid sounds pretty irresponsible and selfish
chai2

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2020 03:52 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

fierainquieta95 wrote:

Me and my bf have been dating for 3 months now and we haven't seen each other since last Friday

we haven't met in 2 weeks

last Friday is less than a week ago

Based on this, they've only been dating 6 weeks. And if they haven't seen each other in 2 weeks, then really it's only been a month.

I wouldn't risk my health over someone I've only known 4 weeks, especially if he was sick over the weekend, with was, well, 2 days ago.

Also, the roommate thing. Who knows what's going on in their lives.

If sex is the problem, have phone sex, or face time each other and go at it.
mark noble

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 05:20 pm
@chai2,
The girl never included a sexual component, Chai.
Why did you?
Study yourself, Sir! Your 'Reality' is NOT generic.
0 Replies