Status Quo orders

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 08:54 pm
Do you need to get both parents' signatures?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 09:07 pm
I'm not entirely sure, little k. We had seperate documents drawn up - one for each of them since it seems like every time they talk my life gets more miserable.

We're plodding along trying to figure it out but I think if we can get one of them that we will be in a better position.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 10:10 pm
That makes sense.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 11:02 pm
Looks like some progress is being made, at any rate, if only in gaining a deeper understanding of options.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 06:32 pm
I think I'll have to enroll in law school to get any understanding out of this at all.

Right now I think I'll just hold my breath until we reach the three month mark in another week and a half and dive in with this status quo thing and see what happens.

Thank you all so much for your support and ideas and everything else.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 06:33 pm
Thanks for the update.

Best wishes to you.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 07:09 pm
Good luck, boomer.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:54 am
Don't let the process get you down Boomer just stay the course and it will lead where it leads. My thoughts are with you.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:09 am
That is a definate possibility, Boomerang. Our community college has a paralegal program which includes family law. Community college can be very cheap and department or division chairman would probably waive any prerequisites.

I do understand about free time now, but it's still a possibility.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 06:15 pm
So have things settled down, boomerang? I think about you often.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 08:04 pm
I wish I had happier news but I fear that things might get a whole lot worse before they get any better.

I have to get back to work - there is no way around it. I called Little Mo's parents and told each of them that they had to choose a shift to see him so I could return to work - I haven't heard a peep from either one since.

The school I want to enroll him in doesn't take students until they are potty trained so we are working hard (without pressuring, mind you) to get him really interested in the potty. Of course, enrolling him in school also hinges on some kind of guardianship....

Thank goodness for Mr. B who is trying very hard to accomodate my schedule.

Now I'm hearing rumors that Little Mo's mom is pregnant again.

I've tried to be patient but I think I'm going to have to really stir things up in a big way. I'm not going to be much help to anyone with my financial and emotional health in a tailspin. If I can't/don't take care of my own life I certainly can't take care of anyone else's.

Right?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 09:07 pm
Right. Completely 100% right.

How flexible are your hours? There are lots of childcare resources available. Lots of high schools/ jr. highs have volunteering requirements, and the kids love to use babysitting to fill that requirement. Lots of options... I know that potty training kinda goes at its own pace and would hate for that to be a condition of your being able to work.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 04:54 pm
Because I am self employeed my schedule is fairly flexible - that is what has allowed me to take the last three months more or less off.

I have a wonderful staff who has really bucked up to carry me through this time but, frankly, business suffers when I'm not keeping a close eye on things. The economy stinks so business sucks and I really need to pick it up. Plus, I just found out that I owe about $10,000 in taxes - about double what I expected. My schedule is becoming less flexible by the minute.

Having never been on the mommy track I find that I am completely ignorant of what is available so I certainly do appreciate your suggestions and advice and your hand holding too.
I need to find a local mom network.

As a photographer, focus has always been a critical word in my life. I need to expand my definition to include many other things right now. I know I have to take care of myself but frankly I feel beaten down.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 05:02 pm
I'm so sorry to hear things haven't improved. You are such an angel for that little guy! If I were you, I'd be very tempted to get DHS involved now. There are lots of good schools/daycares that will take the unpotty trained. I urge you to find one. The Montessori school will still be there when he is ready.

Excuse my rant, but....what kind of parent dumps their kid like that? Sorry, I know I don't know them, but still...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 05:09 pm
Swimpy, I wish I could even begin to understand what kind of parent does this to their child. I'm seeing a therapist to try to help me understand. Honestly, their decision to do this was the most loving and giving thing they could do for their child and I can't hold their good intentions against them. It is just making my life very difficult but love really does conquer all.

As my beloved Noddy would say, I'm holding my dominion.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 05:20 pm
Noddy would be proud.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 06:19 pm
I'm sure she is -- Noddy, have you seen this yet?

Boomer, in terms of local resources, I know this seems spectacularly counterintuitive, but I suggest starting with your local La Leche League:

http://www.lalecheleague.org/WebUS.html

They are about much, much more than just breastfeeding, and are a fabulous resource for new parents (which, in some sense, you are).
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 06:23 pm
Actually, Noddy and I are beyond forum friends and write to each other on a pretty regular basis. When I grow up I want to be just like Noddy.

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out. I never posted to the other forum because the advocacy thread was regarding breastfeeding advocacy. I'm always looking for resources.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 06:27 pm
Yeah, I posted on your behalf on a thread with a bunch of lawyer mamas -- they said, uh, I dunno where to put it. You could try parenting issues. There are a lot of good people on that board, and I bet someone could give you a lead...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 06:30 pm
Sozobe, you are spectacular!

Thank you.
0 Replies