NEW IRAN LEADER FOUND OUT

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 06:04 am
NEW IRAN LEADER FOUND OUT

73-year-old retired Army Colonel Charles Scott opened up his newspaper the other day in Jonesboro, Georgia and saw the newly elected president of Iran. Colonel Scott instantly recognized Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: he was one of the leaders who held seized the U.S. embassy in Iran in 1979 and held Americans hostage there. To quote Colonel Scott: "As soon as I saw his picture in the paper, I knew that was the bastard. He was one of the top two or three leaders. The new president of Iran is a terrorist."

Other former hostages have made the same identification. One former captive recalls the now president-elect of Iran saying "You shouldn't let these pigs out of their cells," referring to Americans being held hostage. How nice. All of this should serve as a reminded. We are engaged in a War On Terrorism. Specifically, that war is against radical Islam. Iran is another enemy in that war, and is one we have yet to deal with.

Soon, Iran is going to have a nuclear weapon. They may already have it. That weapon is or will be capable of reaching Israel or even further. Are we going to allow it? Will we let Iran threaten the world? The fact that we now know the true identity of who is running things should make that decision a lot easier.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,201 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 06:39 am
In view of how little real power Rafsanjani ever exercised, this election changes nothing in the power structure of Iran. The mullahs, become corporate millionaires, have run the country for a generation, and that hasn't changed. That radical Islam is at the heart of their agenda hasn't changed. That the United States, stretched to its military limit, now needs to go roaring off into yet another Asian war is the height of idiotic contention.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 07:31 am
Uh, oh. A Bad Man has been elected. EVERYBODY PANIC AND INVADE!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 07:48 am
Our Esteemed Leader wrote:

Across the broader Middle East, people are claiming their freedom. In the last few months, we have witnessed elections in the Palestinian territories and Lebanon. These elections are inspiring democratic reformers in places like Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Our strategy to defend ourselves and spread freedom is working.

What is it McGentrix.... don't you like democracy?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 07:59 am
I'm sorry, are you guys actually defending this guy?

If this is indeed the guy he is accused of being, his actions are indefensible.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:03 am
Lol - "found out".

The people who held the American hostages are quite revered in Iran - if America did not know (which I doubt) it would certainly NOT be because it was hidden, or not common knowledge.

"Found out" my Aunt Mabel's arse.

Actually, quite a few of the students who did that are now dissidents - some are enthusiastic supporters of the current regime.

Nobody was more surprised than the students that the whole damn shemozzle became such a long drawn out nightmare.

I have a thread on it, based on an article written by a fellow who was researching for a book on the hostage drama.

It makes very interesting reading.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:13 am
McGentrix wrote:
If this is indeed the guy he is accused of being, his actions are indefensible.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was appointed mayor of Tehran in the spring of 2003 and - at least - since that time you could see him on tv and in media, even in the USA :wink:

Additionally, all that is no secret at all:
his website says he joined the Revolutionary Guards voluntarily after helping to found the student union which took over the US embassy in 1979.
He is reported to have served in covert operations in Iraq.

... and these infos have been out in the media since weeks (at the BBC website since months).
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:21 am
I am not defending anyone.

The election results in Iran break the thin veneer of the Bush mythology. The big irony, of course, is that in spite of the theocratic religious council thing-- Iran is more democratic than many of the US allies in the region, for example Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

Incidently: The most recent things I have read case doubt on this specific story.

But, the failed Bush policy in Iraq not only severly reduces our options in places like Iran and N Korea, it most likely helps hardliners, like the new leader of Iran, gain power.

The Conservative leaderships in Iran and N. Korea have without question benefitted from Bush's war in Iraq.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:34 am
It's a very old, predictable, and tired formula.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:34 am
If the truth be known, it would be surprising if none of these hostages had seen his face BEFORE the Iranian elections, as his face had frequently been on TV's around the world, on various news items for weeks.

The U.S. Government would have been the first phone call that I would have made, if I was one of those hostages and saw him on my TV.

So, therefore it would be a more than fair assumption to say that said Government WAS fully aware, beforehand.

Now, the question should be asked, why did the U.S. keep this information secret ?

Answer:- Because if they had released the fact that he was a leader of the kidnappers, they would have assured him an even bigger vote.
By keeping quiet, they hoped that Rafsanjani would have got in.

The world will now hold its breath, while the American Giant opens the other eye, and turns its head slightly.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:37 am
Ehem, Lord Ellpus, but his photo has been in the media and online since years (well: nearly two :wink: ), his website even was linked on the BBC website ...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:39 am
You'll have to speak up Walter, i've become a good, loyal, patriotic American, and with my head in the sand, it's difficult to understand what you're saying.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:42 am
In this case, Foxnews seems to be rather restrained in reporting.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:42 am
<hollering at top of voice> SET.......WALTER SAID THAT HE AND I WERE POSTING SIMILAR INFO AT THE SAME TIME, BUT I GOT HELD UP BECAUSE I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL TO TELL ME THAT OUR VERY CRAFTY, LOW PITTANCE OF AN OFFER ON A NEW HOUSE HAS BEEN ACCEPTED, CONSQUENTLY HE BEAT ME TO IT!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:43 am
Thanks Lordofloudcalling, this is all very difficult, and i don't know that i'll ever become accustomed to it . . .
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:46 am
Sounds like info put out by the office of prpoganda. Helps set up the eventual invasion.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:50 am
<I don't think, it is a 'Jerry house', so congrats, your lordcheap!>
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:59 am
Thanks Walter, I am now in a very good mood (second piece of great news today)....but have now sentenced myself to two or three years of hard labour, by having to renovate the bloody thing!

Back on track.......oops, I got it slightly wrong.....I thought he'd go for Syria first.....maybe there's more oil in Iran?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1357445&highlight=#1357445 (for Syria, read Iran, for wmd's and terrorists, read "nuclear threat")

Points one and two have now, or will very shortly be, ticked as done.
Then, he will probably move straight on to point 4, as 3 now becomes irrelevant.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 09:01 am
The news again, in a bit different version

Quote:
Ex-hostages say Iran leader-elect a captor
NEDRA PICKLER

Associated Press

WASHINGTON - The White House said Thursday it is taking seriously the allegations of some former American hostages who say the believe that Iran's president-elect was one of their captors in the late 1970s.

"I think the news reports and statements from several former American hostages raise many questions about his past," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said of the Iranian president-elect Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "We take them very seriously and we are looking into them to better understand the facts."

Former hostages Chuck Scott, David Roeder, William J. Daugherty and Don A. Sharer told The Associated Press that after seeing Ahmadinejad on television, they have no doubt he was one of the hostage-takers. A fifth ex-hostage, Kevin Hermening, said he reached the same conclusion after looking at photos. A close aide to Ahmadinejad denied the president-elect took part in the seizure of the embassy or in holding Americans hostage.

The hostage-taking, which came in reprisal for Washington's refusal to surrender ousted Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi for trial there, contributed substantially to then-President Jimmy Carter's defeat by Ronald Reagan in the 1980 election.

Militant students seized the U.S. Embassy in Tehran on Nov. 4, 1979, and held 52 Americans hostage for 444 days. The shah had fled Iran earlier that year after he was overthrown by the Islamic Revolution.

Another former hostage, retired Air Force Col. Thomas E. Schaefer, said he doesn't recognize Ahmadinejad as one of his captors. Several former students among the hostage-takers also said they did not believe that Ahmadinejad had taken part in it.

President Bush was asked about the allegation in an interview with The Times of London conducted Wednesday and published Thursday. A transcript on the newspaper's Web site shows Bush did not comment directly on any role that Ahmadinejad may have played in the hostage-taking, but said "time will tell" whether the United States and its allies will be able to work with him.

The president said that Ahmadinejad's first test will be whether he is prepared to negotiate in good faith with Britain, France and Germany about Iran's nuclear ambitions.

"They should not be able to develop the technologies that will enable the enrichment of uranium which will ultimately yield a nuclear weapon," Bush said. "I say that because they tried to do that clandestinely before, which obviously shows that there's a conspiratorial nature in their thinking."
Source
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 09:10 am
Blimey....he's almost wrapped up point 4 already! All he wants now is a credible source, to confirm the Nuclear threat.....wait a mo, didnt Rafsanjani have something to say about that recently? If so, George could move straight to point 5, passing "go" in the process, and collect $200.
0 Replies