Creeps in the Streets

ferrous

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:03 am
Just a thought, about all the civil minded citizens, going out to the streets in protest, over their concerns for "Peace."

Is there contingency plans, to bring along pooper scoopers, baggies, and barf bags, to clean up the mess, left behind by the "Creeps in the streets?" It really is a shame, that truly concerned people, marching in the streets, must be held accountable for contributing to the actions of these idiots.

Remember, that these few radicals, casting a pall on your legitimacy to your rights to protest, is only a fraction of your true numbers. Yet, they seem to be taking all of the headlines in the media. If the present poll numbers are believable, I would imagine that it would be less that 5% of the 26% of people, that don't support the president's actions in the Liberation of the Iraqi people.

That would mean that over 74% of Americans, support President Bush in his decision.

My favorite quote, is from an elderly Iraqi woman, asking the American troops entering her villageĀ… "What took you so long?"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 868 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:07 am
I believe I may have posted too hastily. My apologies for an inappropriate remark.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:09 am
The sheep follow their leader! Much easier, you dont have to think, dont have to be upset,.... You just go to the mall and eat some ice-cream and say you support the war.

If u dont it is much harder. You have to show uou disagree because otherwise you are seen as a supporter of war. You have to go on the street.

Most people choose the easy way!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:10 am
Stella Artois? Is she related to my Uncle Bud?
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:15 am
New Haven wrote:
Stella Artois? Is she related to my Uncle Bud?

related in the sense they are both liquids. Further there is no relationship whatsoever. You have two kinds of beer in the world. Beer and Belgian Beer! They are both made of water, and that's where the comparison stops.
0 Replies

ferrous

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:47 am
frolic wrote:
The sheep follow their leader! Much easier, you dont have to think, dont have to be upset,.... You just go to the mall and eat some ice-cream and say you support the war.

If u dont it is much harder. You have to show uou disagree because otherwise you are seen as a supporter of war. You have to go on the street.

Most people choose the easy way!

So you agree, there are lots of "sheep" out in the streets, following these agitators?
0 Replies

ferrous

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:21 am
Clearer Definition
It's obvious, that a clear definition of my intent, writing this article, is needed:

1st Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

The key phrase is " the right of the people peaceably to assemble,"

What I have seem, is a few agitators making a mockery of any credible protest by groups of like minded, concerned citizens peacefully assembling, in their constitutional right to assemble, to protest a government policy,. I support this right, but need to add, that it be done in a lawful manner. Lawful protesters must speak out and condemn the law breakers, not support them.

Peacefully assemble, but realize that if the protest turns violent, you are just as guilty as the perpetrators, for allowing it to happen. Don't be "sheep!" Don't be used to spread someone else's ideology. Be responsible for your actions.

To protect your constitutional rights, we must obey the law. Learn to protest in a constructive way. Organize on a local level. Elect officials to office, that express your views. Vote in elections. Petition your elected officials. Use the tools that are ingrained in our Constitution, but stay the course of Rebellion or civil disorder.
0 Replies