How many planets did Darkseid destroy, and how?

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 05:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
Simply put, Brainiac wants knowledge of everything and he wants no one else to have it. He is not going to share it with anyone; he wants knowledge all to himself.I cannot simplify any further.
The link to the official DC Universe encyclopedia I posted earlier should help.

And Riddler actually wants to prove he is a genius and better than everyone. He doesn't want to get caught by Batman; he wants to prove he is smarter than Batman. Many recent comics, shows and games use this depiction.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 05:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
I googled "Marvel Heralds" and got a link to Marvel's official database. Here is what it said: https://www.marvel.com/teams-and-groups/heralds-of-galactus

Quote:
Upon finding a world with the appropriate energies to sustain him temporarily, a herald of Galactus would summon his master and await his arrival.

However, after leading Galactus to countless planets, both inhabited and uninhabited, the Silver Surfer eventually found his way to Earth. His contact with humans, specifically Alicia Masters and the Fantastic Four, convinced the Surfer to turn against his master, leaving Galactus no choice but to punish his herald and travel the stars alone once more.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 09:29 pm
@Rebelofnj,
So basically Brainiac is just an evil superpowered geek that likes knowledge. Gotcha.

He uses this knowledge he acquires to fight his opponents with - right?

Is he another cosmic megmaniacal type with aspirations of (inter)galactic and/or universal domination?
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 10:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
If you are this interested in the comics, have you considered reading the comics, instead of going through the various wikis and forum threads?

Brainiac is seen as a universal threat, but he is not usually depicted as a megalomaniac. It is just his methods of information gathering are incredibly dangerous.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 12:57 am
@Rebelofnj,
He's basically a living computer so his obsession with knowledge kind of makes sense.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 01:20 am
What's the deal with DC's Mongul?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 01:20 am
@JGoldman10,
These beings are psychopaths their motivation isn't supposed to make sense, unless you're another psychopath.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 04:54 am
@JGoldman10,
He is the warlord of an empire that forces people into gladiatorial battles for entertainment. He doesn't normally conquer planets.

Again, have you considered actually reading the comics if you are this interested in the characters and stories?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 02:45 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I thought about it but I don't really have the time. I don't have the time to go to any comic shops to read comics.

If I do read comics it's usually something online.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 05:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
Digital comics are available. There is Comixology, which can be accessed on their desktop website or app.

Plus, DC and Marvel have monthly digital subscriptions where you can get access to their back catalogs of comics.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 11:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Who is this X-Men villian I am thinking of who is kind of like Mongul? He is a cosmic character who forces characters into battle.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2020 11:35 pm
People consider Thanos to be Darkseid's analog and vice versa. Both characters want to control space in their respective universes, but why do people compare one to the other when one is a good and the other isn't?

Here is a good question. If Darkseid is a god why does he only have one planet?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 05:01 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Here is a good question. If Darkseid is a god why does he only have one planet?

He's got a planet, some gods have only got a river.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 05:23 am
@JGoldman10,
I'm guessing you meant Apocalypse, who is mostly a conqueror.

There is the Beyonder, who kidnapped several heroes to fight to the death in the 1985 event Secret Wars.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 05:30 am
@JGoldman10,
Technically, Darkseid is a New God, a powerful race living in the planets New Genesis and Apokalypse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Gods

Again, there are digital comic subscriptions available at Marvel Unlimited and DCUniverse.com
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 03:41 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Mojo is the X-Men villian I was thinking of. He is a cosmic supervillain who forces characters to fight each other.

He's somewhat similar to Control Freak from Teen Titans.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 03:42 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Apocalypse is a cosmic supervillain who conquers and destroys planets?
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 03:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
He is not a cosmic villain. He purely focuses on Earth.

Last I checked, he was reborn as a hero, working with the X-Men. Deadpool was surprisingly the reason why the new Apocalypse is good.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2020 05:59 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You said Apocalypse is a conqueror. I assumed you meant a cosmic one.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2020 11:21 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Hi Rebel. I don't know how viable a source of info the following video is, but I got the number of planets Thanos destroyed as 784 from watching it:

I discovered Verbal ASE, a professional beatboxer, on YouTube. Cartoon Beatbox Battles is one of his series on there and it's proven to be popular. I watched CBB out of curiosity,

I know he is off with some of the stats he gives for the characters he portrays in some of the episodes.