Blackmail / sextortion

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 05:02 pm
Hello guys,

I need HELP !! This is my first post here, I just registered to share my problem and get your advice. Sorry for the long story.

I was on a video chatting website (Edit [Moderator]: Link removed) then I randomly found this girl who I started talking with. Then things went a little bit sexual and she showed me her tits and asked to see my penis. Things seemed real because I asked her to show me her hand and she did, but it turned out it was fake. The person who was trapping me asked me to continue discussion over instagram or facebook, but as I have none of these two, I suggested whatsapp which he said he didn't have, but ended up taking my whatsapp number, skype and email from which he deduced my first and last name(Yes I know I am too dumb).

After 15minutes, I receive a sextortion message on whatsapp and a video recording me showing my d*ck. I never replied to this threats, he sais he'll send it to all my contacts if I don't reply in 30min. I blocked that number and deleted the message, the next day he contacted me in the same way using another phone number (both are from abroad).

I am a newbie on social media, and all I have is whatsapp for now, I was planning to joing fb, instagram and others in this period but now I am afraid this blackmailer will find my and humiliate me with my friends.

Please help me ! I have few concerns:

Can he see when I am online on whatsapp?
when I open the discussion to block his number, does he know I saw the messages he sent?
He keeps calling me relentlessly, is it possible to receive calls only from my contact list?
Is there a way he can access my contact list to send them the video knowing I only use whatsapp as social media?
am I doomed to never be able to create instagram or facebook with my real name as long as he has the video and can ruin my life?

Thank you and sorry for the long post, I am really disturbed by this and need your advice.

jespah

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 05:34 pm
@Delerium,
Go to the cops. Seriously.

Yeah, it's embarrassing right now, but better to just get it all over with now, than agonize over it and end up doing the same thing eventually.

And quit showing your dick online.
McGentrix

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 06:39 pm
@jespah,
Or, show it EVERYWHERE and become famous for your dick. Then your extortionist will be mad because they made you famous.

Maybe get some hats made.
jespah

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 06:53 pm
@McGentrix,
Ironic fedoras, or Mike Nesmith-style knit caps?
McGentrix

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 07:07 pm
@jespah,
maybe a nice yamaka?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 10:23 pm
@McGentrix,
If it were my dick.... it would be a MAGA hat.
roger

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 11:25 pm
@maxdancona,
Or maybe a cute little fez like the Shriners used to wear.
glitterbag

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 11:34 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Or maybe a cute little fez like the Shriners used to wear.

On or off the Johnson?
roger

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 11:35 pm
@glitterbag,
They are worn on the head - take that however you want.
glitterbag

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 11:51 pm
@roger,
You made me blush, you beast.
0 Replies

Delerium

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 12:29 pm
@jespah,
He’s abroad, cops can do nothing. Can you answer some of my concerns though ? Thanks guys
engineer

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 12:46 pm
@Delerium,
Exactly what are you concerned about? That you shared a dick pic with a woman you were texting? That might be a little embarrassing but unless you are married, in politics or both, it's just a laugh at your expense. Just let it go. I doubt the scammer is going to go through the trouble of actually doing anything when they realize that you aren't going to pay.
Delerium

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 01:15 pm
@engineer,
It’s a video and I am masturbating, i really don’t want him to access my contact list. I think he can’t do much by my whatsapp number am I right ? Can he get my contact list somehow? Can he get my contact list if I go on facebook and instagram ?
engineer

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 02:30 pm
@Delerium,
No and you are overthinking this. This guy is running this scam on lots of people, he isn't hunting you specifically. He's not going to spend hours going after you when he could be looking for other marks. Also, yes it's a video and embarrassing, but that's what some people do these days and even if you were exposed, just laugh it off. At worst, it is an object lesson about the perils of sexting strangers.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 21 Jan, 2020 07:01 pm
@Delerium,
Delerium wrote:

It’s a video and I am masturbating, i really don’t want him to access my contact list. I think he can’t do much by my whatsapp number am I right ? Can he get my contact list somehow? Can he get my contact list if I go on facebook and instagram ?

I agree with Engineer. What's done is done. Forget about it.

1. It sounds like what this guy wants is money from you. Ignore him. Once he figures out you don't care and that he isn't getting anything from you... he goes away to find some other mark.

2. I doubt anyone cares. If some blackmailer sent a video of one of your friends or family masturbating... would you make a big deal about it? The worst that can happen is that you will feel embarrassed for a couple of days, and then in a week everyone will have forgotten about it any you can move on with your life.

3. If it were me, I would check the security settings on facebook and instagram. But there isn't much to do. Either he can get your contact list or he can't. So what?

This is really not a big deal. In a few months you won't even remember it happened.
oralloy

Wed 22 Jan, 2020 03:41 am
Is there any way for him to prove that it is you in the video if he were to send the video to other people?
Delerium

Wed 22 Jan, 2020 05:32 am
@oralloy,
Yes! There is no doubt that it’s me cuz I am really in front of the camera :s
0 Replies

Delerium

Wed 22 Jan, 2020 05:35 am
@maxdancona,
Thank you for your reply. What you said is true but I come from a very conservative society and it’s really a big deal if he send it to my family. I don’t care if it was just my friends but if gets to my family I might go to a lot of psychological pain.
0 Replies