Wasn't Thunder death in Big Trouble in Little China's an amazing special effect?

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 11:35 am

Gotta hand it to Steve Johnson and Todd Masters for crafting one of the most unique special effects in film history with this classic sequence.

And during first shot of inflating head who else was convinced it was Carter Wong? it felt so realistic and felt like the actor was having a make up job.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,465 • Replies: 1
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 01:25 pm
You know, I remember that I watched that movie.

I even remember the full auto Tec 9. I especially remember thinking it was quite unrealistic that the gun didn't jam every other round.

But aside from the gun I don't remember anything else about the movie.

I've seen that it's back in the lineup on HBO, but haven't bothered to re-watch it yet. Maybe I should.

I don't remember thinking that it was a bad movie, and I'd remember not liking a movie.

Same situation with Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile. About the only thing I remember of them is the scene where someone fired from an F-16 while it was on the ground. They are back in the lineup on Starz. I haven't bothered to re-watch them, but maybe I should.
0 Replies