photo san francisco

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 09:33 pm
I usually put gallery announcements that catch my interest in another thread (link later), but I really like this photo exposition, so I'm starting a separate thread.

I am not actually a shill for the Stephen Cohen Gallery, which is the promoter of this, but I like the place. I used to drop in whenever I was in that part of LA, back when I lived there, and saw some really neat work. Marc Riboud's photos come to mind first.

Anyway, I got, a bit ago, their brochure for this year's photo san francisco show, as well as a mailer on their present show at their gallery on Beverly Blvd. in LA. I liked the photo on the mailer for that one. (There may be vying elephant photos in the art news lately.)

On Photo SF, which as I said the Stephen Cohen gallery puts together, it looks like 68 galleries exhibiting in the Fort Mason space, plus various lectures (Bill Owens among the speakers, $10. to get into any one particular lecture) That'll be July 21 through July 24.
I went to this event last year and had a wonderful time, even by myself.
Aside from the bath of photography, Green's restaurant is a few feet away from the lecture hall and exhibition space. Oh, yeh, and the SF Bay is right there.

the link - http://www.photosanfrancisco.net

Also, the show in the gallery on Beverly Blvd. from July 7 to Aug 27 features Nick Brandt's photographs from East Africa.
See that at http://stephencohengallery.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,057 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 09:46 pm
oops, Nick Brandt's elephant photo doesn't show on that link, at least for me. I'm sure it'll show up at some date..
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 09:48 pm
Ohhhhh man! That was the show (in SF) that I was really, really hoping to be able to go to for two reasons. First and foremost, to meet you and secondly, to become a bit more familiar with the art world.

I just had to go and move to Oklahoma, didn't I?

It's all good. I know you'll be in New Mexico soon and we have plans at Diane and Dys'. Smile Now that will make me more cultured in and of itself!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 10:30 pm
Lady J, I am not actually a cultured person, I am just interested in a whole bunch of things. When we meet in person you will feel immediately swift in contrast.

I am unlikely to make it to the show myself, even though I have dear friends who want to meet me there. One can just show up and pay the entry fee at the door, but then there could be a problem for getting into a lecture, with no reservation.

I am, as you know, in the physical and psychological throes of moving my bod and home. I'll see those friends one more time (I hope, one of them is dealing with advanced heart stuff) but most likely not seeing this show either with them, as we wished last year, or by myself, and certainly I won't be staying in SF for a three-day visit if I make it at all. But who knows, maybe I can get there for a walk through the main exhibition space. Heh, July is too far ahead for me to plan...

I look forward to not only Abq but a whole new region of interest; still, I insist I will be back to SF.
0 Replies