Not understanding the behavior of my crush

ZaHee

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 12:52 pm
So my crush and I have been friends for the past 3 months. During those 3 months, I actually started to get a crush on her. At first I didn't do anything about that, but then a few days ago, I had to 'confess' my feelings to her over Snapchat because my friends made a bet with me. She replied with 'thanks that means a lot โ™ก' and then we just continued chatting over Snapchat in casual conversation.
The next day, I was on Snapchat and I asked her if she wanted to hear about a funny story. After I sent that, one of my friends facetimed me and asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was about to tell [my crush] about a funny story that had happened to me and said friend, and he said "Before you tell her, say 'I'll only tell you if you tell me about your feelings towards me'. Trust me on this!" I said "Sure," and went back onto Snapchat. My crush replied with 'sure' so I texted what my friend told me to text. My crush texted back 'that's not how it works weirdo ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’™' . I then told her the story using the audio recording devices Snapchat provides.
OK, so I'm not taking these past exchanges as a rejection, but I know it's not a success either. My crush avoided revealing her feelings to me but didn't reply with the classic 'I don't know'. So I'm just wondering, how do I interpret those responses? What steps should I take next to get a success? If it helps, I'm a freshman in highschool. Also, sorry if this post looks strange or ends up in the wrong forum; this is my first ever post!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 775 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 04:31 pm
@ZaHee,
I realize it is exceptionally tempting to involve your pals with your dating life.

Don't.

Your friend may or may not have meant well. But either way, it backfired.

And if your friend (or any of your other friends) tries to butt into your crushes and any other relationships, you need to stop the gossip train right there. Change the subject. Log out. Walk away. Whatever it takes.

Your crushes and your love life are between you and whoever you crush on or even enter into a relationship with. Your friends aren't a part of the equation. At. All.

As for right now, if I were you, I would operate under the assumption that your feelings for your crush are currently not reciprocated. And that's okay. You have your whole life to have crushes. The vast majority of them will be quick emotional hits with no reciprocation. It's not nasty. It's not a rejection. It's not you being somehow unworthy (I'm sure you aren't).

It's just life.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2020 05:08 pm
Bad advice given by your friends - and taken by you, only to backfire in your face. Do you realize that you overstepped your โ€œ friendโ€ role, way too fast?

Back off a few days. Then actually SPEAK to her in person and apologize for getting off on the wrong foot, and could you be friends again?

0 Replies

sunshineroom03

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 03:48 pm
@ZaHee,
I personally think you did the first move kinda not the right way. Telling your crush you like them through text might seem less like you ACTUALLY like them. Try going up to her and tell her that with EMOTIONS, with love.

I am not sure if she is as far as crushing on you, but she might have some small feelings that will grow eventually if you follow the right steps and dont try to rush. You are friends, and for her it might seem like not the right time.

just my opinion, dont rely on it too much
0 Replies