Why are anti-gunners so afraid to admit they just want all guns banned and confiscated?

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 05:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
You're redundantly wrong.

No I'm not. Human-hunting rifles always have a selective fire switch. Rifles without a selective fire switch are just ordinary hunting rifles.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 05:58 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
That's not my argument.

Good. So now we've established that you've finally dismissed the idea that a flash suppressor will change a shooting into an especially dangerous shooting.

You're confused as to what my ideas are concerning flash suppressors.

Glennn wrote:

Quote:
In the case of an AR-15, for example, they ramp up the danger factor because the only difference between it and its military issue counterpart is selective fire.

Once again, you've forgotten that you've provided absolutely nothing to validate that claim. If you believe that you have, could you retrieve that proof from whichever post you believe it can be found in?

It's a hunch.

Glennn wrote:

Quote:
No one has explained or validated how any of those features makes a rifle especially dangerous to your satisfaction

To my satisfaction? Actually, no one has explained or validated how any of those features makes a rifle especially dangerous, PERIOD. If you believe that anyone has, could you retrieve that info from wherever you believe it can be found?

It's a hunch.

Glennn wrote:

Quote:
I'm clear enough on what makes a claim legitimate, thank you

Your continued failure to legitimize your claim indicates otherwise.

Your conclusion is a non sequitur.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 05:59 pm
@Glennn,
Still with the games.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 06:01 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

That is incorrect. Merely being used by the military does not make a gun any more dangerous than a gun that is not used by the military.

That's right. However, the mere fact that they're military weapons sans the selective fire does increase their danger factor.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 06:02 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
You're redundantly wrong.

No I'm not. Human-hunting rifles always have a selective fire switch. Rifles without a selective fire switch are just ordinary hunting rifles.

You're redundantly redundantly wrong.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 06:12 pm
@InfraBlue,
I'm not wrong about anything here. Human-hunting rifles always have a selective fire switch. Rifles without a selective fire switch are just ordinary hunting rifles.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 06:13 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
That's right. However, the mere fact that they're military weapons sans the selective fire does increase their danger factor.

You contradict yourself. The fact that "being used by the military does not make a gun any more dangerous" means that "being a military weapon" does not result in any increase of any danger factor.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 06:14 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Nuh-uh.

That is incorrect. Everything that I've said is entirely true.

The fact that guns will always be available does seem relevant to the subject of curtailing their availability.

There is no confusion on my end. You were indeed referring to gun laws in the comment that I replied to.

I do doubt your claim that my conclusion was a non sequitur. What other reason would you have for wanting to prevent criminals from having guns other than wanting to reduce the frequency or severity of crime?

Your post was in fact incorrect. Gun availability does in fact have little impact on homicide rates.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 06:22 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

No confusion. You are calling to outlaw guns that have various harmless features like flash suppressors.

InfraBlue wrote:
It's a hunch.
InfraBlue wrote:
It's a hunch.

"Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur."

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens's_razor

InfraBlue wrote:
Your conclusion is a non sequitur.

Do you accept that fact that your claims have no credibility when you have no evidence to back them up?
Glennn

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 08:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
That's not my argument.

Well if it's not the flash suppressor that makes a rifle especially dangerous and in need of being banned, then what it? Is it the pistol-grip? No need to ask you that, we already know that you've made the claim that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous though you have absolutely nothing to prove it. Or, is it the barrel shroud? Or, is it the bayonet-mount? Which one is it?

Or, is it a combination of two or all of the above? And if so, explain your reasoning behind each one, or each one in combination with another. If you fail to offer some kind of reasoning behind your claims, then we're going to have to assume that it's all in your mind.
Quote:
In the case of an AR-15, for example, they ramp up the danger factor

This, too, requires you to offer something to validate your claim. Otherwise, we will have to conclude that support for such a statement does not exist outside of your mind.
Quote:
No one has explained or validated how any of those features makes a rifle especially dangerous to your satisfaction

NO ONE has explained how any of those features makes a rifle especially dangerous. If someone has explained it to your satisfaction, then please share. Otherwise, we're left with no choice but to conclude that that source does not exist outside of your mind.
Quote:
I'm clear enough on what makes a claim legitimate, thank you.

That, too, is all in your mind since it has been shown in no uncertain terms that you are incapable of backing up any of your claims.
Glennn

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 08:54 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Yes you have. You've appealed to your own authority for opposing the banning of assault weapons such as those described and defined by the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

Actually, my appeal is to reason and logic. Here you are again appealing to an authority whose explanation of their reasoning is totally absent. You're still being asked how a pistol-grip, flash suppressor, barrel-shroud, and bayonet-mount make a rifle especially dangerous. I know that in your mind, you think that appealing to a source who shares you conspicuous lack of explanation is a winning argument, but really, it's just a conspicuous lack of explanation for your reasoning.
Quote:
It's not about deadly rifle features. It's about especially dangerous weapons.

Hmm. No, I'm pretty sure that you sort of kind of implied that it's the pistol-grip that makes a rifle especially dangerous; in fact you did say exactly that. So did you recently change your mind about that?
Glennn

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 09:03 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

Well then this would be a great time for you to clear that up for us. So do tell, what are your ideas concerning flash suppressors?
Quote:
Still with the games.

If this is about what is the cause of drunk drivers killing innocent people, all I did was ask you what the exact cause was. No game. Just asked a question.
Glennn

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 09:12 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
. . . the mere fact that they're military weapons sans the selective fire does increase their danger factor.

Unbelievable! It is because they are incapable of select-fire that they are NOT military rifles; unless you are going to provide some proof that the military uses semiautomatic rifles. So why don't you tell us what your claim this time so we can promptly dismiss it.
Glennn

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2020 09:16 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Do you accept that fact that your claims have no credibility when you have no evidence to back them up?

Believe it or not, all indications suggest that he actually thinks that the less evidence he has to support his hunches, the more credible he believes they are.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 02:56 am
@Glennn,
Welcome back from the dark side.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 04:46 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

You contradict yourself. The fact that "being used by the military does not make a gun any more dangerous" means that "being a military weapon" does not result in any increase of any danger factor.

I'm contradicting you.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 04:54 pm
@oralloy,
Uh-huh.

@oralloy,
@oralloy,
Nuh-uh.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 05:11 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

@oralloy,
Uh-huh.

@oralloy,
@oralloy,
Nuh-uh.

Let's keep this out of a third grade school room.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 05:14 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
That's not my argument.

Well if it's not the flash suppressor that makes a rifle especially dangerous and in need of being banned, then what it? Is it the pistol-grip? No need to ask you that, we already know that you've made the claim that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous though you have absolutely nothing to prove it. Or, is it the barrel shroud? Or, is it the bayonet-mount? Which one is it?

Or, is it a combination of two or all of the above? And if so, explain your reasoning behind each one, or each one in combination with another. If you fail to offer some kind of reasoning behind your claims, then we're going to have to assume that it's all in your mind.

It's the aggregate of those features that make up a rife such as an AR-15 or an AK-47.

Glennn wrote:

Quote:
In the case of an AR-15, for example, they ramp up the danger factor

This, too, requires you to offer something to validate your claim. Otherwise, we will have to conclude that support for such a statement does not exist outside of your mind.

The validation is the reasoning, which takes place in the mind, that figures that the military uses factorially dangerous weapons, of which the AR-15's only difference is the lack of selective fire.

Glennn wrote:
Quote:

NO ONE has explained how any of those features makes a rifle especially dangerous. If someone has explained it to your satisfaction, then please share. Otherwise, we're left with no choice but to conclude that that source does not exist outside of your mind.

I'm sure it's inside of a lot of other people's minds.

Glennn wrote:

Quote:
I'm clear enough on what makes a claim legitimate, thank you.

That, too, is all in your mind since it has been shown in no uncertain terms that you are incapable of backing up any of your claims.

The back up is simple reasoning.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 05:29 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Yes you have. You've appealed to your own authority for opposing the banning of assault weapons such as those described and defined by the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

Actually, my appeal is to reason and logic. Here you are again appealing to an authority whose explanation of their reasoning is totally absent. You're still being asked how a pistol-grip, flash suppressor, barrel-shroud, and bayonet-mount make a rifle especially dangerous. I know that in your mind, you think that appealing to a source who shares you conspicuous lack of explanation is a winning argument, but really, it's just a conspicuous lack of explanation for your reasoning.

I agree with those authorities in regard to the reasoning and logic behind the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

Glennn wrote:
Quote:
It's not about deadly rifle features. It's about especially dangerous weapons.

Hmm. No, I'm pretty sure that you sort of kind of implied that it's the pistol-grip that makes a rifle especially dangerous; in fact you did say exactly that. So did you recently change your mind about that?

Yes, a pistol grip makes a rifle especially dangerous. One thing is that a pistol grip makes a rifle especially dangerous, however, another thing my argument for the banning of weapons whose only difference between them and military issue ones is selective fire. You confuse my argument by conflating the two things.