One foot on top of the other

DannyC

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2019 10:32 am
@Ragman,
I welcome all possibilities within reason but honestly can't think of anything else. For me, body language seems the most plausible and least complicated one. Maybe this is just a lesser known body language cue.

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2019 11:07 am
@DannyC,
Doubtful.
DannyC

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2019 01:04 pm
@Ragman,
You have your reason. Mind sharing them?
Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2019 04:33 pm
@DannyC,
Not to minimize your experience, but I’m nearly 70 and I’ve never seen, experienced or heard of.any such body language . Furthermore, generally speaking, I don’t rely on body language as an indication of interest in romance. I find other more direct means.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2019 07:15 pm
@Ragman,
I agree with Ragman. If you want to know what someone is thinking... verbal communication is the way to go.
DannyC

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 09:59 am
@maxdancona,
I really don't think they would know either because I believe they are doing it unconsciously. They talk talk talk, and they start standing on one leg. It's no different than asking why did you touch your face / move your hand / change your posture mid-sentence. You probably wouldn't know why. I wouldn't, it just happens when conversing with someone.

These things have happened to me over the years and kinda forgot about it, but it happened a few weeks ago again (4th person) and it convinced me that all this can't be just a coincidence.
Ragman

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 10:33 am
@DannyC,
Why ask our advice and then repeat your assertion? A few of us have stated our thoughts and you repeated yours.

Have a nice new year.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 10:54 am
@DannyC,
I think it's part of paralanguage, intentional or otherwise...though likely uncontrived for most. There have been a number of studies I've seen referenced over the years that speak to the issue of feet and stance in particular.
Ragman

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 11:08 am
@Joeblow,
Can you provide a link to that info? Please explain what that stance means?
Joeblow

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 11:13 am
@Ragman,
Hey Ragman, nah, I was just remembering, and I took a course in college many moons ago...maybe group dynamics or some such, that dealt with paralanguage, but maybe I could google up something. I'll have a look.

I was using stance to mean the way we stand. Feet apart, or together, pointed to or away from someone or something, etc...
Ragman

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 11:33 am
@Joeblow,
You missed the point. I wasn’t asking you what the definition of stance is but what that body language means.

Back to the point, there are more direct means of finding out if someone is interested than sussing out placement of feet or hands, etc. Bust a move! If you’re wanting to know if there is a possible romantic interest, make a pass.
Joeblow

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 11:46 am
@Ragman,
OH! I thought the op was asking if the particular placement of feet/legs could be conveying some kind of particular meaning like being closed off, or being open, or shy, or whatever. I was simply agreeing that I think body language/paralinguistics (I spelled that wrong?) are a real thing.

Here's a link, such as it is, that might be worth a read through..or not : )

https://www.paulekman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Nonverbal-Leakage-And-Clues-To-Deception.pdf
DannyC

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2019 01:45 pm
@Joeblow,
Yes, this is what I'm asking. I'm NOT wondering if they are attracted to me or not, just what it means. Even if this were the case it would be kind of awkward to ask because they are all my wife's friends.

@Ragman
Yes, I asked for your advice and I appreciate it. But if you have an opinion on the matter I'd also appreciate some reasoning behind it. Simply saying "doubtful" or "I haven't seen this" doesn't give me much insight.
0 Replies