Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:09 pm
Since ive moved to my apartment. Ive had two microwaves stop working properly in mere weeks. Ive never had problems anywhere else ive lived so i thought it may be the outlets. I tested them and they are at 126 volts all together. Obviously over the normal 120 range, but would this damage a microwave?
It could. Are some outlets in other parts of the house too low? You could have a problem with your neutral line. The supply to your house is 240V and it is split between the two sides of your panel. If you have an issue with the neutral, the loads on one side will impact the voltage on the other and one side will have a high voltage, the other side low. This can damage equipment or worse. This is a "call an electrician" case.
Electrical issues can happen at any time. So, let an electrician handle all the electrical systems of your home.
Most power companies state that their line voltage will vary by 5 or 10 percent.