It appears as though we will get our way!

blatham

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:40 pm
I'm afraid I was quite bewildered by roger's response to frank's post. In fact, I'm still a bit bewildered as to what slight might exist in the term. But, on the other hand, I'm easily bewildered.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 03:42 am
au1929 wrote:
Misadventure or not it apparently accomplished something that needed doing. I have no doubt that all the nations that are now berating the US including the UN will soon be climbing on the band wagon. My greatest joy will be to see France get cut off at the ankles.

I really hope the US has to rebuild Iraq on its own. Without the billions of the EU. And lets see how they manage. The War in Afganistan? Remember? And who do you think is now paying for the rebuilding and security of that country?
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 03:59 am
Throughout the long history of humans, it is extremely difficult to determine what was lost and what was gained for particular occasions. The concept of loss or gain is the notion of the dualistic point of view.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 04:07 am
satt_focusable wrote:
Throughout the long history of humans, it is extremely difficult to determine what was lost and what was gained for particular occasions. The concept of loss or gain is the notion of the dualistic point of view.

Talk like normal people. I don't like wanabee intellectuals. Its not how you say it. Its what you say. And you spill a lot of words saying nothing.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 04:15 am
frolic..
I am looking things from a historians point of view.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 10:37 am
au

I just used Goldie to address you in another thread. I forgot about the possibility that it is an insult.

I was born in August too -- the 9th.

It won't happen again.

(I honestly think everyone with a number or a letter series ought to attach a name, even if an alias, so that we can address the person with a name. I honestly feel uncomfortable using au or a set of numbers -- although I will do it from this point on. I feel like I'm addressing RtooDtoo -- or a convict.)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:05 am
Frank
Thanks, au will get me running every time. It sets off a bell like Pavlov's dog. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:42 am
meanwhile, back at the topic;..........

As an outsider (Canada), ever since Bush took over (is that fair to say, did he actually take over?), the credibility of the US administration has gone into a tailspin in world opinion (from my perspective).
Speaking, I think, for most Canadians (and in spite of totally inexcusable slanders from members of our not so bright government), our ongoing respect for the "people" of the massive, generally well meaning nation to our south continues undiluted by this, hopefully blip of "nonleadership" currently ongoing.
Personally, I regret, as do you, the harm currently being done to many innocents, on the premise of making the world "safer"!

I also wish to add that it is sad that all the nations invloved it this debacle; your, mine, France, Russia, etc. seem to care more about their images, and ongoing contracts, or potential contracts; their share of world resources; than they do about the myriad human beings wishing only a tiny share for their families.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 11:57 am
Thanks, Bo

Intelligent post!

Glad you don't think we're all yahooes.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 12:12 pm
yaWhooooooo?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 12:41 pm
New Haven wrote:
How do you suppose the mothers of the dead American and British Marines feel today?

Why not ask the man who sent them so that Halliburton and who knows what other members of the Bush family could profit? Shocked and awed
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 01:27 pm
New Haven might also be interested in what Michael Waters-Bey, father of Kendall Waters-Bey, a Marine killed in Iraq, had to say.

He castigated President Bush -- and blamed him for unnecessarily sending his son into Iraq.

Granted, the young man knew what he was getting into when he joined the Marines, but the subject New Haven raised was about how the parents felt.

None too great, in this case.

And not at all supportive of Bush.
0 Replies