What are some of the worst superhero movies ever made?

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2020 08:43 am
@tsarstepan,
I see The New Mutants in theaters. I thought it was OK but boring. Definitely not the worst X-Men film.

It should have been released years ago instead of getting stuck in a delay bubble.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2020 08:47 am
The 2015 Fantastic Four film was pretty terrible. It was very noticeable what parts of the film was reshot during post-production.

Even the director wrote a critical review about the film on Letterboxd
https://letterboxd.com/joshuatrank/film/fantastic-four/
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2020 10:21 am
@Rebelofnj,
You wrote the wrong title. It was FantFourstic.
https://imgur.com/YskGnNN.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2020 05:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2020 05:56 pm
@chai2,
Choke me in the shallow water before I get too deep. (is this an Edie Brickell quote). I never realized the first word was choke!!! Learn something new every day.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 08:49 pm
Black Star and the Golden Bat (1979) AKA South Korean Batman
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 05:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
The Inhumans have the reputation of being one of the worst of the current generation of Marvel tv series.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2021 06:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

francocig

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2021 11:10 pm
@McGentrix,
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice, Ben Affleck's portrayal of batman is terrible, zack snyder's story and directing was heavy handed, I watched it on tv for curiosity, 2 hours wasted, Zack Snyder is making a directors cut of Justice league that's 4hrs, watchable as installments but still 4hrs is too long, I'll pass thanks, Josh whedon's version is good.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2021 10:22 am
Hanna-Barbera will always be one of the biggest embarrassments of the animation world.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2021 10:40 am
@francocig,
I am interested in how the new recut of Justice League will be, especially as the film not use any scenes written or directed by Joss Whedon.

I don't think it will be any better than Snyder's other DC films, however.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2021 03:01 pm
0 Replies

francocig

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2021 11:13 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The proofs in the pudding for snyder's justice leaugue directors cut, when watched as streamable episodes it should be bearable, but everyone has different patience levels for long movies, adding more back story, darkseid, the black super man costume and more story links may interest the comic book purists, but for the general public I doubt it. The 2 snyder super man films were good though.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 05:34 pm
So, the 4 hour Snyder Cut of 2017's Justice League is coming out this week, and to the surprise of many, it has received better than expected reviews.

Basically, all of the reviews have pointed out the story is largely the same as the original cut, but there is more room for emotional beats and character development. Cyborg, in particular, benefited greatly with more screen time. Some reviews noted that the ending went too long and with a cliffhanger that is, in all likelihood, will never be fulfilled.

It currently has 75% on Rotten Tomatoes from 101 reviews.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zack_snyders_justice_league

When compared to the other DC films:
Wonder Woman - 93%
Shazam - 90%
Birds of Prey - 78%
Aquaman - 65%
Wonder Woman 1984 - 59%
Man of Steel - 56%
Justice League (theatrical cut) - 40%
Batman V Superman - 28%
Suicide Squad - 26%
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2021 01:41 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

hightor wrote:

All of 'em.

Another agreement.

Could never understand the attraction.

Honestly? When Black Panther came out I was actually interested in seeing it.

That’s because I thought it was about the political/social change group. Imagine my surprise a few minutes in. I turned it off.

Well then I’m sure you ran right out to see Judas and the Black Messiah. All kinds of Black political stuff there.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2021 01:48 pm
To each their own.

That makes a lot more sense than trying to make value judgements about an a kind of movie that doesn’t fit your fancy.

Almost as arrogant as trying to make value judgments about the people who love superhero movies.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2021 06:08 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

What are some of the worst superhero movies ever made?

Let me understand you here..
Since you ask which ones are the worst, can I take that to mean you don’t think they’re all bad?
roger

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2021 06:52 pm
@snood,
Oh, I'm sure some are worse than others.
snood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2021 07:12 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Oh, I'm sure some are worse than others.

Yeah, I’m sure. But I was asking RM what he thinks about it.
roger

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2021 08:26 pm
@snood,
Then, I'll butt out.
0 Replies