New display issue

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2019 12:00 am
I have a kenmore elite model 79571053012. I bought this refrigerator second hand. Everything works except the display. The display was very dim that I could not read anything that was digitally displayed. If I clicked on a button it would make a gentle beep. Which is normal. I bought the display and the part number is ACQ76217902 from ebay. I plugged in the new display and all of the digital letters showed. It looked great. The unfortunate part is that the refrigerator would then make 3 loud chirping sounds followed by a loud sound that sounded like dial up internet. It would then do this in repeat. I have to turn off the power because the noise is so loud that my ears hurt. The sound is coming from the buzzer located in the top right corner of the refrigerator door. I then disconnected the new display and put back my old one to see if it would make the terrible noise and it turns out that it didn't make the noise. It would still make the soft gentle beeps when I pushed the buttons. I did try to turn off the alarm but it did not work. Is there anything I can do about the loud noise?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 503 • Replies: 0
No top replies