Fancy Refrigerator, Frustrating Problem

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 06:05 am
We bought an LG French door refrigerator, with the extra door. This allows a person to access often used items, without having to open the entire refrigerator.

The delivery guy said to set the refrigerator temperature at 37 degrees. He told us not to go below that.

At that setting, the refrigerator was running between 42-44 degrees, which is not safe for keeping food. We we returned the first fridge, and the dealer sent another one of the same make and model............Same problem. In the meantime I was throwing out a lot of food.

Went back to the store (Famous Tate) yesterday. The salesman offered to switch it to another refrigerator of the same model. It was also suggested that since we did not have a refrigerator full of food, that might be the problem. . It was also suggested that we buy some gallons of water, to give the refrigerator "something to cool", and a digital thermometer.

I finally came across an article reviewing the appliance, which told of a glitch that mirrored my problem. I turned the refrigerator down to 33. Now THAT helped. The 'fridge is running 36-37 degrees, which is quite acceptable.

I spoke to the salesman about recompensing us for the times that the had lost food. I can understand losing food when the first refrigerator was delivered, but I had bought a lot of food before I had to take it all out for the 2nd one. So far, their attitude (and LGs ) appears to be that they do not compensate for lost food, but I believe that ours was a special case.

At this point, we are so aggravated. I believe that we need to push for some consideration, but honestly, I am not sure that I want the agita. What do you all think?

http://refrigerators.reviewed.com/content/lg-lfx31945st-refrigerator-review
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,026 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Dean Haustead

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 03:42 am
I have a Samsung Refrigerator. It,s temperature always should be 40 degrees degrees. Not to go it's below.
0 Replies