Freezer cycles between refrigerater temps and freezer temps every few days

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2016 07:00 am
So I have had this Sampo fridge/freezer for a few years that I had bought as a repaired second-hand.
A few weeks ago I noticed some of my frozen things weren't frozen anymore, getting a bit slushy.
The fridge also seemed to not be so cold. So I lowered the temp.
Over a few days I noticed the freezer's temp plateaued to around fridge temps (still cold, not freezing), so I called my building's repairman. I live in Taiwan and this is usually step one for any appliance failure.
He is a general maintenance guy, and he said it seemed the refrigerant leaked out. Also noted that the compressor was still running. No ice buildup that needed to be defrosted.
I was going to wait a few days for my pay before buying a new one, when mysteriously, it started working again. Since then, it has warmed up and froze again, currently everything is frozen,
Any ideas what's going on? I'm a foreigner here and my Chinese is.. less than perfect, so I'd like to self troubleshoot before calling the big guys in.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 911 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Dean Haustead

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 05:40 am
Debatable the hardest working machine in the house, a refrigerator is incredible you can’t exist without. If your fridge and freezer is too hot, don’t give up – we can help. We’ve compiled a list of the most ordinary parts that reason the fridge and freezer to become too hot. You can use this in direct to troubleshoot your own refrigerator and then enter your model number into the search box to find the correct part that will fit your fridge. Searching with your model will too give you access to even more in order about this symptom and directions on how to fit your repair part.
0 Replies

Dean Haustead

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 12:04 am
@crybllrd,
If you hear a clicking sound coming from the back of your refrigerator/freezer, then the problem is most likely the compressor is overheating or not getting proper power and will not start. I think you should complain to your freezer company and they will make a proper solution for you.
0 Replies