Tate Modern

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:31 pm
I have to be quiet on Kahlo.. in that I was primed against her by a documentary I saw in the late seventies not once but twice, which was twice too much, on her suffering for her art. I am not a fair critic. Not that I am not interested in art from Mexico in certain years or art by women or art by women who knew Diego. My interest drive got overridden.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:12 am
I only know her work from books and it doesn't interest me enough for a trip to London. Maybe I'm missing something but I'll wait for something that I connect more to.

I'm due a trip to London - must check what's on. Term is over and once this dratted paperwork is handed in - freedom!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:21 am
Ciccereone-Yep, a mexican lady with dark hair, heavy monobrow and moustache.

Endymion-Saw the shed on TV years back, one of the better modern day works of art.

There is a documentary on Frida this week.
I cant work out of Im really a fan of Fridas.I have to admit Im a huge Madonna fan and I know she had leant a Kahlo painting (My Birth)for the exhibition, so maybe thats why I went.
Still, its all educational so Im glad I went.

Steve-yep, thanks.My leggys are all better now.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 05:45 am
Just worked out I was right by The Rose Theatre which i THINK was the theatre featured in the film Stage Beauty.Dam!!!!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 03:03 pm
the documentary is tonight - planning to watch it but I'm tired so hope I don't fall asleep instead

paperwork FINISHED Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 03:17 pm
At the Tate, there's a "Frida Kahlo Film Programme", where they show several fims quite often - unfortunately not, when I'm in London the next time (which is only for one day).
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 05:38 pm
Vivien, horray!!!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 01:03 am
Watched the Frida Kahlo programme - interesting and I gained an insight into her and her work but it didn't make me want to rush down to see it.

What was the appeal of Riviera?? what did the women see in him? , a complete mystery to me!

anyone else watch it?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 02:01 am
I taped it so hopefully will watch it soon.
Riviera, no idea! But it takes allsorts in this world.
0 Replies