Do You Have a Pet Peeve? More Than One?

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 07:47 pm
Maybe it's not actually wrong or even rude, just irritating or wince worthy.

Over the last 10 years or so, I've noticed that some people are drinking thru those little swizzle sticks that bartenders plop into a mixed drink. When did that become the standard way to consume a beverage containing alcohol? You never see a swizzle stick in a draft beer or a glass of wine. I think if your'e old enough to order a mixed drink, a beer or glass of wine you should use the two lips God gave you. For some reason, when people drink thru the swizzle stick they lean over to meet the short straw, grasp the drink with one hand and the other hand steadies the swizzle stick and their faces contort into a massive pucker as they attempt to look sophisticated..........I think a sippy cup would work better.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 3,569 • Replies: 60
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by glitterbag
chai2

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 08:11 pm
@glitterbag,
I knew a girl in college that used to put ice in her beer and drink it through a straw.

She was actually a pretty hard hitter as far as the booze.
chai2

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 08:27 pm
@chai2,
People (in this case I only know about women) who wash their hands in the rest room, and then thwomp thwomp thwomp thwomp thromp pull out 5 or more paper towel to dry their hands.

Even if it's an automated dispenser, they will keep putting their hand under the beam until they get at least 3.

Then they do a half ass drying and toss out paper that Maybe has about 15% of its surface wet.

Impossible as this is to believe, ONE paper towel will dry your hands. Yes, the paper will be completely moist, but you will have used all of it, and your hands will be dry.

I also have a suspicion, not a peeve really, that 80% of men don't wash their hands after just peeing in a public rest room.

glitterbag

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 08:38 pm
@chai2,
I have to confess, I usually take two towels but I also wipe around the sink after I've dried my hands.....force of habit...
glitterbag

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 08:51 pm
@chai2,
Yeah, but did she drink thru a straw or a swizzle stick....swizzle sticks are too short to be called straws.
chai2

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 08:53 pm
@glitterbag,
Well then that's understandable.

It's the mindless waste that kills me.

In the same vein, I really don't get why women use so much toilet paper, and I'm a woman.

I'm not talking about when you have your period or something.

But come on, it's just some urine, which is sterile when it leaves your body.

Now for wiping yourself after peeing, I'm not advocating the 1 sheet thing. I mean, you're not washing, and there are some nooks and crannies.

But it's same thing. A woman goes into a stall next to me. She pees. That's all. Then you hear, roll roll roll roll roll.....rip.....roll roll roll roll roll roll roll....

WTF?

chai2

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 08:54 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Yeah, but did she drink thru a straw or a swizzle stick....swizzle sticks are too short to be called straws.

I'll confess, it was a regular straw.
chai2

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 09:17 pm
@chai2,
So as long as I'm on this jag with women and public restrooms....

Ladies, have you not ever heard of a courtesy flush?

When you know you're going to download, as the stinking crap starts coming out, reach behind you and flush! If it's gonna be a long one, flush again!

Don't just take a dump and leave it to stink up the entire bathroom, while you sit there for 5 more minutes sending texts, or contemplating how good you feel now.

Christ almighty.

ekename

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 09:45 pm
It peeves me to admit that in my super hero guise as Constable Plod of the wc pc police I like to frequent public places in full regalia handing out pieces of phillumenistic paraphernalia from my extensive collection.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 10:09 pm
@chai2,
I just thought of another one. Spitting, freeping spitting or hocking out a large loogie on the sidewalk, or while shooting the breeze with your neighbors grandmother. Bleech, it's disgusting. What's next, I'm a little congested so I'll blow my nose on the hem of your jacket? Just pack your pockets with tissue and dispose of your nasal and throat mucus in a sanitary fashion.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 10:19 pm
Stepping in. Quietly backing out.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 10:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Don't leave Edgar!!
chai2

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 11:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Peeves are not for the faint of heart.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 12:40 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
...take two towels...wipe around the sink....

oh thank goodness. I do this too. Mentioned it to somebody and they thought it strange.

Regarding swizzle sticks, I know someone who sips their coffee with one.

Paper towel waste? This one guy comes by and spills something. First I had to tell him to clean it up. (He did a piss-poor job of it). He Used a half dozen sheets of paper, some only had a spot of damp. None were even a quarter used! I hate waste!

Pet peeve? Low-lifes who stop in the middle of a sidewalk (grocery aisle or other spaces) to text. Don't care for those who walk and text either while bumping into people.

As winter approaches, the annoying habit of jerks who think an inch wide winding path on a straight sidewalk constitutes 'shoveling and clearing the snow '.

Not to be forgotten, the ones who toss the snow into the freshly cleared crosswalks!
glitterbag

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 02:33 am
@Sturgis,
I just get frustrated seeing people holding their drink like they are toddlers....Whoever you know who drinks coffee thru a swizzle stick....please ask that person why??? I kind of understand if that person is in a movie/film and the makeup was applied by an artist..for a hefty fee...........but ask them this "have you ever seen your face with lips all puckered up sucking fluid thru a swizzle stick? If not, you really need to see a pix of yourself....
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 04:41 am
@chai2,
Ill wash and dry my hands with 2 towels. I then toss those and take a fresh towel with which to exit using the door handle and lock. Rest room door handles , according to the mythbusters who cultured a whole bunch for one of their shows. They found all sorts of pestilence was on them rest room handles, both hims and hers.
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 04:43 am
@farmerman,
Also, do thy still make matchbooks ?? Do they still have the warnings on the cover? I use flint , steel, and a charpatch to start fires.

I saw a bundle of (plastic wrapped) firewood that bore the warning "CONTENTS FLAMMABLE"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 08:19 am
I use more paper towels than people with normal-sized hands ought to. It's better than walking out with dripping hands or wiping on your pants.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 11:15 pm
Another peeve I have is green hair. It really doesn't look good on anybody regardless of complexion....plus it usually looks dusty. Oh, and those spacers young men seem to like to have planted in their ear lobes and contort their lobes into a huge hole and then insert a jaunty black disc....it's incredibly distracting......its even more distracting when the disc has been removed and the skin is hanging and swinging.
roger

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 04:29 pm
@glitterbag,
Yes to both. And don't they kind of make you wonder what all else they might be doing to their bodies? You know, how else do they broadcast their high self esteem?
0 Replies