Quote:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 632 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 02:26 am
Just as you have the right to vote and argue for whatever politics you favor, so do religious people. The only exception is that the state ought not to be connected with religion specifically.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 06:37 am
Brandon:

Honest question - I am not trying to back you into a corner or slam you.

Do you think when you have Senator Frist and others giving direct politcal based speaches to super churches as we have seen in the last few months - is this a violation of what you spoke of in your post above?

TTF
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:13 am
Mixing of Religion an politics makes perfect sense to some...

http://www.misspoppy.com/catalog/img/products/fetal_attractions/troops.jpg

Protect our troops - from the womb to the war. What if the fetus you were going to abort would grow up to be a soldier bringing democracy to a godless dictatorship?

Plastic replica of an 11-12 week old fetus, 3" long, holding a firearm in its precious little hand, with an assortment of other military paraphernalia, encased in a translucent plastic ornament, with a patriotic yellow ribbon on top. Includes a metal ornament hanger. If only a womb were this safe, attractive and reasonably priced!

Show that you support the "culture of life" by buying and proudly displaying one of these patriotic unborn Americans.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:39 am
squinney wrote:
Mixing of Religion an politics makes perfect sense to some...

http://www.misspoppy.com/catalog/img/products/fetal_attractions/troops.jpg

Protect our troops - from the womb to the war. What if the fetus you were going to abort would grow up to be a soldier bringing democracy to a godless dictatorship?

Plastic replica of an 11-12 week old fetus, 3" long, holding a firearm in its precious little hand, with an assortment of other military paraphernalia, encased in a translucent plastic ornament, with a patriotic yellow ribbon on top. Includes a metal ornament hanger. If only a womb were this safe, attractive and reasonably priced!

Show that you support the "culture of life" by buying and proudly displaying one of these patriotic unborn Americans.

The fact that many Muslim Nations actually practice what you picture is of what concern to you?

PS: You know how I feel about religion haveing NO PLACE in govt.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:59 pm
Um, when did Muslim nations start "bringing democracy to a godless dictatorship?"
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 09:16 pm
i thought woiyo meant they really did sell little ornaments of gun-toting fetuses...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 10:21 pm
thethinkfactory wrote:
Brandon:

Honest question - I am not trying to back you into a corner or slam you.

Do you think when you have Senator Frist and others giving direct politcal based speaches to super churches as we have seen in the last few months - is this a violation of what you spoke of in your post above?

TTF

No, you're well behaved, I have noticed. To answer your question, I suppose that Frist can speak to whomever he chooses. Why shouldn't he? He certainly isn't establishing a government religion by speaking at churches.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 07:02 am
Brandon:

Thanks for the reply - I was hoping you would see it soon.

Isn't it a little scary though? Isn't there something about being broadcast above a pulpit that smacks of going against the seperation of church and state conception that we attempt to uphold?

It scares me - not because of any right left distinction - it just seems like a mega step backwards.

However, I have not really thought it out completely as to why it scares me and I am wondering some one elses opinion.

TTF
0 Replies