A response I wrote to an article on Child Marriage;

Olivier5

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 09:03 am
@Glennn,
Where did I say that you said it? You like making merde up, don't you?
Glennn

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 10:19 am
@Olivier5,
Ah, so when you asked me this:
Quote:
Should some civilized nation invade the US to make it stop?

You were genuinely asking my opinion as to whether or not another nation should invade the U.S. because of the practice of circumcision?

Why did you ask me that?
Olivier5

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 02:23 pm
@Glennn,
The question was not addressed to you in particular. I am trying to challenge the idea that passing a moral judgement upon a particular cultural trait is always the premisse for colonialism and war. To me, one's personal moral views are separate from collective actions such as war. No modern war was started because of female circumcision for instance, nor should it be.
Advocate2Humanity

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 12:10 pm
@maxdancona,
A child NO matter what culture or geographic location, every culture has children, and every culture has ADULT MEN, and ADULT WOMEN, who are in nature, physically, as well as mentally matured.

And children structures, still are NOT capable physically, or mentally to sustain a marriage functions of a ADULT nature.

There are many responsibilities, that are apart of marriage including raising children, providing everyday necessities for their families etc.
Again you have children raising children, and just because a specific culture decides this does NOT make it OK.

Just because a entire culture decides and agrees to do something outrages, and wrong, does NOT make it right.

For example: If a entire culture or region decides that children should leave the home completely, and feed themselves, and provide for themselves at 5 five years of age would this be OK? of course NOT, and this is absurd, and marrying children seems just as absurd, who have NOT matured into adulthood.

There is NOTHING attractive about a child, and I still wonder how the any man could possibly marry, and even produce children with a child, I cannot fathom this at all, this is certainly beyond my comprehension.

Jason Sandifer,
Michigan,
11/20/2019
Advocate2Humanity

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 12:13 pm
@Linkat,
I agree with you, I have not responded because, I am not online all the time, and I just logged in, unknown to me that there were so many replies.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 12:37 pm
@Advocate2Humanity,
Quote:
Again you have children raising children, and just because a specific culture decides this does NOT make it OK.

Max can speak for himself but I think the point he was making is: that makes it okay FOR THEM.

For instance, the practice of nuclear families (a couple and their children) raising their kids all by themselves is foreign to many people, who function through extended families (eg several adult brothers, their couples and their children plus the grand parents). In such a context, a 16-yr-old bearing or raising a child would be supported by three or four other members of the family, eg the kid's grand mother, aunts, etc. So it's not such a big problem as it is in a context where most families are nuclear.
0 Replies

Advocate2Humanity

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 12:38 pm
@Glennn,
A adult man has Nothing in common with female girl child, in relationship to marriage, martial responsibilities, maturity, mature intellect, or physically etc.

Glennn

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 12:48 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The question was not addressed to you in particular.

Perhaps if you had not asked that question in a post addressed to me, I wouldn't have assumed that I was the poster being asked.
Glennn

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:16 pm
@Advocate2Humanity,
I agree. It seems that the consensus among a couple of posters here is that as long as a girl can become pregnant, then she is ready to commit to a lifelong relationship and to raise a family. It would appear that maturity and intellectual equality is a nonissue as far as the bridegroom is concerned, which appears to put the girl in the position of a breeder. And of course, there is always the question of why a man in his mid-twenties would seek the company of a teenager instead of a woman in her mid-twenties.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:47 pm
@Glennn,
Oh don't be so literal.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2019 01:00 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

I agree. It seems that the consensus among a couple of posters here is that as long as a girl can become pregnant, then she is ready to commit to a lifelong relationship and to raise a family. It would appear that maturity and intellectual equality is a nonissue as far as the bridegroom is concerned, which appears to put the girl in the position of a breeder. And of course, there is always the question of why a man in his mid-twenties would seek the company of a teenager instead of a woman in her mid-twenties.

So you would prefer a 15 years old male to father a late teen female then a 20 something male???

One way or the other if a late teenage female decide to become sexually active you would need to lock her up or place a metal device on her with lock and key.
Glennn

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2019 01:25 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
if a late teenage female decide to become sexually active you would need to lock her up or place a metal device on her with lock and key.

Well yeah, cuz ya know, using one of those newfangled contraceptive devices would be just barbaric and archaic. Far better that older men seek out the company of young girls, and for young girls to seek out the company of older men.

I can see that you've really thought this through.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2021 12:07 am
@BillRM,
King Arthur put one of those metal things on Queen Guinevere when he went to war, and every time it snapped shut it would reset itself. When Arthur returned from the war, he lined all his knights up in a row, and only Lancelot's nether regions remain intact.

To Lancelot, Arthur said, "MY true and faithful knight, ask whatever you will and it shall be granted to you, but all that Lancelot could do was babble blah, blah, blah, the poor tongueless knight.
0 Replies