I'm scared to die.. is that bad?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 03:00 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Yes, I agree (rightly or not) that there is only one Self. There is ONLY GOD.
There are no egos, only the belief in our separateness: the illusion of self vs. all else.
I 've heard of an Eastern metaphor
that the Moon is reflected in many places on a tempestuous lake.
That does not affect the number of the Moon.

Once in my suite in the Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas,
I counted my reflection in 47 places in its mirrors.

To Infinite and Singular Life: the only threat is boredom.

David
dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 03:52 pm
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/uc/20090922/snq090922.gif
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 04:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Was that in the bedroom? LOL
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 08:24 pm
@dyslexia,
Good one, Dys. Whenever I use to find myself in hinterland situations I always remind myself that I am still "here" (in my skin).
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 09:26 am

whether or not that skin be imaginary
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 09:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Do you recognize your family and friends? If they are imaginary, how do you interact with them?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 09:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Do you recognize your family and friends?
If they are imaginary, how do you interact with them?
Have u done so in your dreams ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 11:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yeah, I also flew like a bird!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 11:45 am

Sounds like fun; I like the flying dreams.

cheaper airfare, when u only imagine them
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 12:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

David
I've said my say. So long as you don't shoot anybody,
it is perfectly harmless for you to entertain those beliefs - No skin off my nose.
I have nothing to add to our discussion, Ed.

Good. Now to get back to the originator of the thread.

"
I know its not really right but I feel confused I'm scared to get old and know that the end is comeing soon.. i hate feeling this way. I want to see Jesus and God and my family but what of those that I am leavin g behind?
Is it wrong to be scared to die?
"

The last thing I ever wished to do was to grow old and die. There are those who will tell you getting old and dying is natural and they are okay with it. Others can't wait to get to heaven. Bully for them. I don't notice any of them hastening the inevitable. Speaking for myself, I do not fear death itself, though I fiercely hate the thought of it; I only have great distaste for the process leading to it. And I would opt for immortality, were it on the table. As it is, we must come to terms, each their own way.
I turned 67 this month. I am okay with being this age. Older age often leads to greater contentment with living. The loved ones that went before me no longer know want or suffering. I have good memories of them. It does not disturb my overall contentment to think about them. If you could ask them about that, I am sure they would approve my contentment.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 12:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

David
I've said my say. So long as you don't shoot anybody,
it is perfectly harmless for you to entertain those beliefs - No skin off my nose.
I have nothing to add to our discussion, Ed.

Good. Now to get back to the originator of the thread.

"
I know its not really right but I feel confused I'm scared to get old and know that the end is comeing soon.. i hate feeling this way. I want to see Jesus and God and my family but what of those that I am leavin g behind?
Is it wrong to be scared to die?
"

The last thing I ever wished to do was to grow old and die. There are those who will tell you getting old and dying is natural and they are okay with it. Others can't wait to get to heaven. Bully for them. I don't notice any of them hastening the inevitable. Speaking for myself, I do not fear death itself, though I fiercely hate the thought of it; I only have great distaste for the process leading to it. And I would opt for immortality, were it on the table. As it is, we must come to terms, each their own way.
I turned 67 this month. I am okay with being this age. Older age often leads to greater contentment with living. The loved ones that went before me no longer know want or suffering. I have good memories of them. It does not disturb my overall contentment to think about them. If you could ask them about that, I am sure they would approve my contentment.
In other words: u don 't like bad health.
Happy Birthday, retroactively, Ed !

David
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 02:18 pm
Thanks, david.
0 Replies

gold einstein

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 11:02 am
John 5:28,29 -Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming when all who are in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and shall come forth, those who have done good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection trial.
John 11:25 -Jesus said: "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who practice the faith in me, even die, will come to life.
Rev 21:1-4 /21 -1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the former heaven and the earth had passed earlier, and the sea is no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 Then I heard a loud voice from the throne say: "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, no more shall there be mourning nor outcry nor pain. The former things have passed away. "
0 Replies

Taisy

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 09:01 am
@helplessteen,
I hope this helps ..
http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_06.htm -- where are the dead?

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_07.htm -- real hope for your loved ones who have died

Smile
neologist

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 02:07 pm
@Taisy,
Many have trouble wrapping their minds around the concept of nothingness. That is why false beliefs persist.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 02:07 pm
@neologist,
Spot on!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 02:43 pm
@neologist,
Nothingness, like emptiness--or Buddhism's sunyatta-- is not something we can talk about very effectively. I sometimes think that the great metaphysical question is why is there something rather than nothing? Silly, I know, but it does seem to me, at least, that the greatest trait of Reality is EXISTENCE. But existence in this sense is not of something in the sense of some "thing". There are no things, only processes. Everything is becoming in Heraclitis' and Nietzsche's sense.
Imagine a world in which we can extract--actually, not just imaginatively--qualities or properties from things, say the roundness, redness, tartness--and all other imaginable qualities from an apple. What would we have left? the apple's "thing-ness?" That, to me, points to the absurdity of the notion of thing. At most the term points to a cluster of properties.
Reality from this perspective is the grand scheme of processes. It has no real things; it is empty, but it is where all everyTHING happens. My last sentence shows how absurd it is to talk about nothingness. Gasp!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 02:47 pm
@neologist,
Nothingness, like emptiness--or Buddhism's sunyatta-- is not something we can talk about very effectively. I sometimes think that the great metaphysical question is why is there something rather than nothing? Silly, I know, but it does seem, to me at least, that the greatest trait of Reality is EXISTENCE. But existence in this sense is not of something in the sense of some "thing". There are no things, only processes. Everything is becoming (something else) in Heraclitis' and Nietzsche's sense.
What if we could extract--actually, not just imaginatively--qualities or properties from things, say the roundness, redness, tartness--and all other imaginable qualities from an apple. What would we have left, the apple's "thing-ness?" That, to me, points to the absurdity of the notion of thing. At most the term points to a cluster of properties.
Reality from this perspective is the grand scheme of processes. It has no real things; it is empty, but it is where everyTHING happens. My last sentence shows how absurd it is to talk about nothingness. Gasp!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 03:47 pm
@JLNobody,
On the same token, I've often wonder if our dreams are part of our "reality?"
JLNobody

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 07:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Aren't dreams real, real dreams? I like to say that mirages are real, real mirages...no problem as long as we don't try to swim in them