lunches

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 06:19 am
Ive been at work since 8.30am.
2 bosses that turn up today, one at 11.30 the 2nd at about 12.
They both needed to go out.One has already left the building to go home a couple of doors down.
The other says he is going out, I ask 'is x free to cover me for lunch?'
He says he will phone x from the car.
I hear nothing for 10 minutes so eventually I phone x.He says he was just going out (like Im inconveniencing him and it makes me feel bad)but said he would come round now.
That was 15 minutes ago.

Ive only been allowed to leave the building for an actual lunch break for the past year(Ive been here 3 years).

Am I being unresonable that I want lunch and a break??!!They know I have a break!!
Shouldnt they organise their time better.my boss just turned up and apologised.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 755 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 06:52 am
Check the laws where you work. Most states in the US have laws centered around businesses requiring employees to have at least 30 minutes off for lunch (either paid or unpaid). You could actually have a lawsuit on your hands (depending on what your employment laws are) if you are not allowed to take your 30 minutes).
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:57 am
Thanks for the info.

Im less stressed now as Ive had a yummy tuna lunch.

I was very upset in the early days when i couldnt go out for a break.When I was first told they said 'we basically eat at our desks'( I could go out and buy food)but this was coming from people who dont come in til 11am.
Its soooo quiet and dull here.I had a mini crying session about a year back then my bosses realised I needed a break.
Admittedly they let me go early at times but with nothing much to do all day it can be very tiring and a change of scene helps.

Over heer Ive been told that for every hour worked you get 15 minutes break which people usually store up for an hours lunch break.
0 Replies