How was US foreign policy cleverly changed by Bush?

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 12:06 pm
Does anyone remember a debate in the U.S. Congress re changing our foreign policy from one of containment to preemption?

I don't recall that President Bush made clear his foreign policy changes when the Congress voted to support his military action proposal against Iraq without further action by the Congress.

It seems to me that the Congress did not understand what the scope of it's vote meant. It is obvious that the Media also did not understand Bush's intent. The only people who seemed to understand the ramifications were brushed aside by the Bush Administration, the Media and other pundits. Attempts to silence the questioners have been effective but not complete. We need to ask more questions about what the future US foreign policy is to be in the world.

Refer to my post "IMPORTANT: WAR PLAN CONSEQUENCES" for that new policy.

BumbleBeeBoogie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 820 • Replies: 3
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 04:28 pm
I question the word 'clever'.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 04:32 pm
Bush has continued practicing the same flawed foriegn policy that America has had in the Middle east for at least 50 years. The only difference is now, he is doing it more aggressivly under the guise of 'fighting the war on terrorism.'
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 04:44 pm
By faking terror and Iraqi threats.

Osama bin Laden has been a CIA asset all his life. Used as a patsy on 9/11. Classic ignition of warfare.

Then came the fake Iraqi evidence.

A total absence of respect for civil communities, an aristocratic arrogance and total cowardice, only embellished by full time lies, permeates the Bush policy since it took power in 2000. If you can call that a policy. These men are not politicians, they are no leaders, they don't give a rat's ass about America. And they embody her moral demise.
0 Replies