True Religion

bulmabriefs144

Sun 23 Jan, 2022 07:17 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
Ezekiel 18: 21-23; "“If an evil person stops sinning and keeps my laws, if he does what is right and good, he will not die; he will certainly live. All his sins will be forgiven, and he will live, because he did what is right. Do you think I enjoy seeing an evil person die?” asks the Sovereign LORD. “No, I would rather see him repent and live.

And I wholly admire such a God. What I don't always admire is many of the so-called cheerleaders for God, and their misguided notions. I have known many preachers over the years, all with their advice, and their knowing best.

I heard a tele-evangelist talk today of courage and obedience. Well, my courage is kinda shot because I'm been beat down a few times, and my obedience... well he rightly pointed out that obedience stems from trust, and I'm afraid I don't trust anyone. I try my best, but I understand perfectly well that "all have failed, all have fallen short." I cannot by my own merits earn salvation, and I can be perfectly sure that no I am not worthy enough to be in Heaven. Not without Jesus.

I feel estranged from Jesus lately. Isolated. Maybe that's my perception, maybe it is the End of Days, and God is tired of my crap. I dunno, but that's just my random musings.
0 Replies

Theo202

Sat 23 Apr, 2022 04:12 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
Islam, however, is not true.

Using your critera of speaking about reality in real terms, what is more real than the fulfilment of prophecy? Muhammad was called the seal of the prophets, so if there's a link of endorsement between him and the prophets of the Abrahamic religions then it would follow that Islam is a least as true as Judaism or Christianity, right?
BillRM

Sun 24 Apr, 2022 08:34 pm
@Theo202,
Theo202 wrote:

Quote:
Islam, however, is not true.

Using your critera of speaking about reality in real terms, what is more real than the fulfilment of prophecy? Muhammad was called the seal of the prophets, so if there's a link of endorsement between him and the prophets of the Abrahamic religions then it would follow that Islam is a least as true as Judaism or Christianity, right?

LOL all those religions are equally true.
Theo202

Sun 24 Apr, 2022 08:50 pm
@BillRM,
They can't be equally true if they're contradictory.
Frank Apisa

Mon 25 Apr, 2022 03:14 am
@Theo202,
Theo202 wrote:

They can't be equally true if they're contradictory.

They can be contradictory and equally true...

...if they are all bullshit!
izzythepush

Mon 25 Apr, 2022 03:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Islam claims its divinity can be tested.

The Koran was allegedly dictated to an illiterate shepherd by an archangel.

Arabic is not like Latin script, it is as much visual as phonetic.

It is claimed that the Koran is perfect, it's symmetry is unmatched, and to just change one word would knock everything out of kilter.

The challenge is that if you do not believe the Koran is divine try to reproduce something else that perfect, and apparently nobody has.

This is also why so many Muslims study the Koran in the original.

Now, I'm not claiming anything. I don't know how true the claim is because I don't speak Arabic, and I don't know any Arabic scholars, let alone non Muslim ones.

Nobody with any serious academic background would say that the Bible was written by the divine. It was men, all the way.
0 Replies

Theo202

Mon 25 Apr, 2022 04:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

How to propose to prove that? Anyone can have an opinion about it.
Frank Apisa

Mon 25 Apr, 2022 08:44 am
@Theo202,
Theo202 wrote:

Quote:

Work on it a bit. It will come to you.
Theo202

Mon 25 Apr, 2022 01:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Not my job. The burden of proof belongs to the one making the claim.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Fri 29 Apr, 2022 09:17 pm
@Theo202,
He is called the "seal of the prophets" by Islamic text. This should be a red flag immediately. No Jews or Christians call him the seal of the prophets. And with good reason. The Jews sealed all main scripture shortly before the fall of the Temple. Curiously, they sealed their scripture right around the time of Jesus. Almost as though they are deliberately trying to sweep a certain figure under the rug.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnatio_memoriae
The Romans certainly were. But yes, Jews kinda write around the existence of Jesus, using their rabbis to make excuses why he cannot be the Messiah.

Nevertheless, there is ample historical evidence from a number of sources, not only Christian but also those opposed to Christianity, much of which was only a few years from the event of Christ's crucifixion. And while some of it misunderstands Christianity (in some sources, they are compared to vampires), it is overall real history. Alexa calls Jesus a mythical figure, and Muhammad a historical one. Turns out she got it backwards.

Outside of the Quran, no evidence for Muhammad's existence appears for nearly three centuries. Btw, Mecca? It didn't exist when Muhammad was supposed to have lived in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gISjskuyfk0

Now, as for the "seal of the prophets," Jesus sealed the prophets when he said:
Quote:
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.

Jesus warned that many would come after him, but the point he was making was that the law had already been fulfilled with him, so these later teachings were just so much rubbish. I reject Revelation, just as I reject Nostradamus, just as I reject Muhammad, or I reject Joseph Smith. Or Bahaullah (I think that's how his name is spelled). Whether the prophecy is good, bad, or indifferent, from now on, while scripture may be interpreted, no more prophets have come.

This is why Islam is not true. Because it relies on the false teachings of a power-hungry camel trader instead of the word of God. And the word of God is that you don't need prophets any more. Christ died on the cross to give you perfect freedom. Don't squander it by believing cult leaders who want your money and your happiness.
Theo202

Fri 29 Apr, 2022 09:32 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
The Jews sealed all main scripture shortly before the fall of the Temple.

Wrong context, it's the seal of the prophets.

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Daniel 12:4
glitterbag

Fri 29 Apr, 2022 10:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Theo202 wrote:

Quote:

Frank, you have a generous and positive outlook............I hope your right (I really do).
Theo202

Sat 30 Apr, 2022 02:36 am
@glitterbag,
"it's all bullshit" is just another way of saying " i can't cope with this"
Frank Apisa

Sat 30 Apr, 2022 05:15 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Theo202 wrote:

Quote:

Frank, you have a generous and positive outlook............I hope your right (I really do).

Theo has a problem with logic. He may be stupid, but I hope not. If he is not, he will see that religions that are contradictory can be equally true...IF BOTH ARE UNTRUE.

If a religion preaches that there is just one GOD...and another preaches there are several gods...they are contradictory, but IF there are NO GODS...both are of equal truth value...namely ZERO.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 30 Apr, 2022 05:16 am
@Theo202,
Theo202 wrote:

"it's all bullshit" is just another way of saying " i can't cope with this"

I can easily cope with the statement you made. My comment was one of irony...which apparently you could not handle.

Okay, that happens from time to time. in Internet discussions.
Theo202

Sat 30 Apr, 2022 05:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I can easily cope with the statement you made.

Evasion in the name of irony is one way of coping, I guess.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 30 Apr, 2022 05:59 am
@Theo202,
It's the same thing.

Quote:
31 At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, “Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you.”

32 He replied, “Go tell that fox, ‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’ 33 In any case, I must press on today and tomorrow and the next day—for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!

34 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 35 Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’"

By the time of Jesus, the Jews had shut their ears to new teaching, and begun to make an idol of their Temple and their Scrolls. Note the capital letters. If one of those scrolls is dropped, they have to fast. It's just paper. And despite being told to keep Passover under all circumstances, they now eat chicken and have only a token lamb shank. They take the fall of the Temple too seriously.

The proper mountain of worship, btw, is Mount Sinai, where the Law was given. The Temple Mount is only significant for bloody sacrifices. The later writings and prophets all mention that God does not delight in burnt offerings. But the Jews continued to do them until their Temple was destroyed.
Theo202

Sat 30 Apr, 2022 02:50 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
It's the same thing.

No, it's not. The religious hierarchy has a history of conflict with the prophets. For example Caiaphas thought it was better that a prophet be killed that the people suffer.
bulmabriefs144

Sat 30 Apr, 2022 06:21 pm
@Theo202,
It's the same thing.

The Jewish people have rejected the prophets and closed the book (the Tanakh). Now, instead of further revelation, we have midrashes from the rabbis. No longer is revelation given by God, it's now the random musings of what are effectively the scholars. Some of which literally say that day is night.
https://www.thecreatorscalendar.com/if-all-these-rabbis-say/

You want to know why the temple hasn't been rebuilt? It's because Jews have turned their back on God. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, but the Jews were perfectly happy saying "sod off" to Him. A relationship can only be repaired when the people involved still care for each other. That goes for God too.
https://www.factsaboutisrael.uk/gods-covenant-with-israel/
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologetics/judaism/broken.htm
https://www.joeledmundanderson.com/the-jews-the-holocaust-and-the-covenant/
Jews have closed the book on the Law, and interpreted their own. They made rationalizations, declaring that they were righteous by following the law.

But the New Testament tells us that it is not possible to keep the Law.
Quote:
know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

It is only possible to follow God through Jesus.

No amount of wailing at the Wall will change things. Only understanding that the Passover Lamb should be respected (none of this lamb shank crap), because Jesus is the Passover Lamb.
Theo202

Sun 1 May, 2022 01:31 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
The Jewish people have rejected the prophets and closed the book (the Tanakh).

Rubbish.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/list-of-jewish-prophets
0 Replies