Downing Street Memos and Kerry's Grades.

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 04:44 pm
Does anybody else find it ironic that the same day that Kerry says that he's going to raise the issue of the Downing Street Memos in congress, someone releases a story about his bad college grades. And it's his college grades, not the Downing street Memos that everybody is talking about now...

Are Americans completely brain dead?

The Memos
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 778 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:20 pm
Lol - I thought Kerry's grades had been thoroughly carried on about during the election - hadn't connected the renaissance here (haven't noticed it in the media - oh wait, Fox isn't all I look at, is it?) - but it makes sense.

I suppose we will have a resurgence of Monica et al too.

Oh - we have - but so far only from Gunga, as far as I know. Hmmmmmmm..... Lol.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 08:02 pm
dlowan wrote:
Lol - I thought Kerry's grades had been thoroughly carried on about during the election - hadn't connected the renaissance here (haven't noticed it in the media - oh wait, Fox isn't all I look at, is it?) - but it makes sense.

I suppose we will have a resurgence of Monica et al too.

Oh - we have - but so far only from Gunga, as far as I know. Hmmmmmmm..... Lol.

Don't give him any ideas! :wink:
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 09:30 pm
Memogate thread
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 11:14 am
dlowan wrote:

Kerry's grades were never commented on during the election because he refused to release them. They only came to light now because Kerry finally authorized the Boston Globe 100% access to his military records (he had withheld some stuff during the campaign) and his grades were listed on his military entrance application.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 11:22 am
And it turns out Kerry didn't lie about his service but Bush's credibiilty is even more in question.

Part of why the Downing Street memo and now the new one reported by WPost today aren't news is that they aren't new. Everyone knew Bush was not being completely truthful when he said he hadn't decided to invade Iraq. Go read the news reports from that time. It is obvious he HAD made the decision in spite of all his denials.

The new memo reveals that the US hadn't adequately planned for the aftermath in Iraq.. DUH.. No new news there. It only makes those defending Bush look more and more out of touch with reality.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 04:46 pm
Re: Downing Street Memos and Kerry's Grades.
roverroad wrote:
Does anybody else find it ironic that the same day that Kerry says that he's going to raise the issue of the Downing Street Memos in congress, someone releases a story about his bad college grades. And it's his college grades, not the Downing street Memos that everybody is talking about now...

Are Americans completely brain dead?

The Memos

Don't you mean "suspicious," rather than "ironic?"

True enough that the Downing Street Memo isn't getting all that much play (and the reasons for this are subject to debate), but neither is the Kerry grades story. It's an anemic paranoia that reaches the conclusion that the Kerry Grade story was released to overwhelm the Downing Street Memo story. Why not assume that Bush's move to join with other nations in forgiving some $40 billion in 3rd world nation debt was a ploy to distract from Downing Street? Maybe the Administration killed that poor young woman in Aruba so that we would not focus on Downing Street.

Can there be a more blatant expression of ego (and bent ego at that) than to suggest that the population of one's country are brain dead because they do not see what one sees?
0 Replies