Resolving the Immigration Issue

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:11 pm
It's obvious our borders are leaking like a siv; it just isn't working. dys' idea of a EU of the Americas makes a lot of sense. Change the laws to do that; it seems the most 'democratic' way for a country that wants to bring democracy to the whole world. But then, that's too logical.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 07:25 am
BBB
bm
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 10:18 am
Whose set of laws will this organization of american states conform too. Will Mexico have to clean up the toxic industries it has along our borders or will we just conform to the Mexican version of liberty and law. We have a president that is much like Vincenti Fox so we might fit right into the Mexican form of government.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 10:56 am
rebel, Your assumptions about "whose laws" will be followed doesn't make any sense when you say "we just conform to the Mexican version." What color is the sky where you live?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 09:57 pm
Imposter
If we intagrate our three countries and open our borders to any citizen of Mexico or Canada whose laws will be the ones we obey. I think its a straight forward question which I noticed you dident answer. You did what you do best which is try to insult whomever disagrees with you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 11:02 pm
rebel, I'm not sure where you live, but there isn't a chance in hell where the US subordinates our rule of law to Mexico or Canada. Get real, for crying out loud!
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 12:15 pm
How about the three or four mexican nationals who have been found guilty of murder in the states but are going to be sent back to mexico because our state department dident tell the mexican government about thier incarceration. We followed our rules but the mexicans want thier nationals back and I have no doubt that when they are sent back they will be released. Dont give me that crap bout the US law being paramont because the US government is giving more and more of our rights away by treaty.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 01:57 pm
Quote, "Will Mexico have to clean up the toxic industries it has along our borders or will we just conform to the Mexican version of liberty and law"

This is such a stupid question, it requires no answer.

"Imposter
If we intagrate our three countries and open our borders to any citizen of Mexico or Canada whose laws will be the ones we obey. I think its a straight forward question which I noticed you dident answer. You did what you do best which is try to insult whomever disagrees with you."

"Will the US conform only to the Mexican version of liberty and law?"
"...whole laws will be the ones we obey?" It would depend on what is negotiated between the countries. To assume we will follow the "Mexican liberty and laws is just stupid" and needs no further response.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 01:59 pm
rebel, Have you ever heard of NAFTA? Do you really think we just followed the laws of Mexico?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 11:42 pm
Imposter
You finally got the thrust of what I was trying to point out to you. Everytime we sign another so called treaty we give up a little more of our freedom and soverntry. NAFTA, GAT, and all the other finincial and political treaties are reducing our freedoms and tieing the hands of our courts. You thought that I was talking about only Mexico but ive been talking about all the countries we have treaties with that reduce our rights and the power of our courts. I trust I have posted more things that are too stupid for you to answer.
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:52 am
Wow! Reading this thread makes immigrants seem like a synonom for criminal.

What about the Americans who participate in the Canadian lottery scam and steal money from retirees, then hide behind Canadian law?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 10:15 am
rebel, Do you understand anything about international trade? But then, I repeat myself.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 03:34 pm
Imposter
Go ahead and repeat yourself. You havent said anything of substance yet. You might as well keep up the good work.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 03:47 pm
Interesting but sad.

No one here has voted for the status quo. I have never heard a single person support the status quo (although predatory employers and smugglers may profit).

Yet, for the very reasons that are noted here, the status quo very well may remain. There isn't enough support to ship people without documentation home. There isn't enough support to open the borders.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem there is support for a solution that attempts to address issues on all sides.

So, I guess we keep the status quo with its contradictory policies.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 03:58 pm
Actually, they'll be flown to Mexico City. Not bussed to the border and then dropped off on the other side, but actually flown to the Capital.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 04:32 pm
Either way, It ain't gonna happen Just.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 04:39 pm
Already has. Started last year (July, I think) and this is second test year. First batch were flown out last Friday and thousands more will follow in twice-daily flights.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 04:42 pm
ebrown, If we stuck with the status quo, there will always exist the controversy which we are trying to address. If we let stay the coarse, most of the border states will end up paying for their higher cost of social services to the illegals and their children - which in effect is a federal mandate without the money. Our schools and infrastructure are already underfunded, the federal government is running red ink like there's no tomorrow, and the state governments are also running with huge budget deficits that results in further cuts to social services. If the majority of Americans wants the status quo, I do too.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 06:05 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
state governments are also running with huge budget deficits that results in further cuts to social services. If the majority of Americans wants the status quo, I do too.

With all due respect, c.i., this is a bit of a generalization. If you'd care to point out that some states may be running budget deficits, fine, but what you stated above is simply not true.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 06:11 pm
We should hire mexicans to guard the border.
0 Replies