life is pain

Ray

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 03:48 pm
Quote:

Latly I've noticed the people we live with are so ignorant. So self centered. Kids my age want to fight all the time,

Yeah, those guys are jerks.

I've also noticed that I was so stupid when I was younger. I used to think I was innocent by heart, now I realized I wasn't innocent in my thoughts. I was ignorant, and self-centered. This is what I realized at this point in my teen years. When I was 15 or 16, I was undergoing a major development in my thoughts, as well as undergoing hard times. Has this occured to you? Now I'm 17 btw.

Quote:
adults can't mind their own business

Actually I understand that some adults just want to help, and sometimes I need a push to get me in the right direction. I feel bitter at times because I thought I could've done this on my own, and I felt looked down on, but I realized that's just nonsense.

Quote:
I am always stressed between school, and my personal life, and this makes me question life constantly. -"If I died, the world wouldn't stop, and I'd probobly be less stressed" - "Why follow the T.V. and act and dress the way the people on T.V. tell you to." - "How can one person call another person crazy? Who says waking up going to work coming home and sleeping to do the same thing the next day isn't crazy?!"

You have the questions, and I see you're looking for the answers. Very Happy
Careful not to fall for reverse psychology.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 04:52 pm
Zeroh, I had similar questions and anxieties at your age (I'm a happy old man now, now that I've solved problems of identity and what to do with my life). One thing I've learned for sure is that suicide is not the answer to any of those questions and miseries. Keep with the questions; they'll help you maintain your independence. But do read the (non-technical) philosophical literature (you might do well to start, as I did, with Will Durant's The Story of Philosophy) so that you can deepen your questions and independence. When you reach your middle years you'll have achieved enough wisdom to better appreciate your existence and look back on your teen years with fondness and compassion.
Hang in there, it's worth it.
0 Replies

zeroh

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 05:23 pm
Suicide has entered my mind like it does with everyone, but I'd never go through with it. I have this kind of personality where I let nothing beat be, I never want to be defeated. And if I went through with that it would feel like it beat me.

And when I said adults can mind there own business, I didn't exactly mean parents... I met all adults. I hat alot of experiences where I just thought "Are you kiddin me?"
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:20 am
zeroh wrote:
Suicide has entered my mind like it does with everyone, but I'd never go through with it. I have this kind of personality where I let nothing beat be, I never want to be defeated. And if I went through with that it would feel like it beat me.

And when I said adults can mind there own business, I didn't exactly mean parents... I met all adults. I hat alot of experiences where I just thought "Are you kiddin me?"

Its true .When I was 15 I was in the critical period of my life and until 25,26!
Im 33 now the age of Jesus when people put Him on the Cross!!! Very Happy
His life was a great sacrifice for he loved this same people who crucified Him...
How should we live at the age of 15?
In my sense the best is to accept various intelligences of men around you if you have noticed many people are very basic in their needs and impulsions(food,sex) others more than this(culture, arts spirituality,travelling...)
Know that your biggest ennemy is your own attachement to impermanent things.
Live blissfuly and acquire intelligence and different knowledges,excercise your body,be happy whatever the circumnstances.
Be a real samurai! :wink:
.Know that your emotional problem will progressively disapear,
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 04:45 pm
That's true. Feelings don't last forever.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:16 pm
"Know that your biggest enemy is your own attachement to impermanent things"

Amen.
0 Replies

hottotrot

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:20 pm
Sure life has pain, but that's part of the rollercoaster of life.

the way you get over your pain is how you get to the next chapter in your life.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:28 pm
It would seem that life includes both pain and pleasure, but that for most people, according to the Buddha's notion, "suffering" (dukkha) is a constant.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 10:17 pm
Isn't that a tad bit of a downer Jl?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:03 pm
Yes, but so is gravity. It just can't be helped.
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 02:16 am
Yes suffering is an impulse, a motivator to seek the way out of it.
A consient being( a man) is the only being on earth capable of such effort.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 11:11 am
Yeah but Gravity is a good thing. It keeps me from falling to the sky :wink: .

If one thinks that life is suffering when one is not suffering, then one would feel suffering when there isn't any.
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:50 am
Suffering to me is not merely physical suffering it is also psychological:
anxiety,fears,false identification with personnal desires etc.
If one really observes this process in his own mind he will start the detaching process from the illusions of the objective world.
A man cannot quench his thirst with salty water.It is impossible!
As for gravity,or the attraction of the mother nature to its objects it is totally natural! :wink:
0 Replies

Lythicgod

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 07:23 pm
suffering is a choice, it is a reaction to a situation
if the situation is not pleasant all you need to do is reconize that and change the situation
or you could decide to continue in the same pattern
and suffer
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 03:58 am
Yes,suffering has a great role to play in ones evolution.
Everyone would like to live a pleasent life,without suffering or disease...
But pleasure is coupled with pain and you cannot avoid to taste both.
Contentement,bliss is beyond pleasure and pain,material desires or ambition and it is called love-wisdom.
When you rise above worldly joys and illusory faces or desires,you become able to be Godly blissful.
Otherwise you suffer until you wake up to the pure reallity which is Love.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 11:36 am
Oh! The joy and pain of living.
0 Replies