And So It Begins

NeoGuin

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 08:50 pm
In about 23 or so hours, in defiance of the UN and in violation of international law, the US will begin what I fear is the start of a new "Cold War".

Like the Romans watching the Gladiatoral games, most of the Nation will watch as bombs rain on the innocents of Iraq. The "Shock and Awe" will be though from the rest of the world as they watch as the US acts like the same people they are opposing.

Much like the first "Cold War" brought a peace movement. I feel this one can as well. It already has if you ask me.

But there is still much to do.

1. TAKE TO THE STREETS: The minute after, the morning after, the day after, the weekend after. Get out there! Show the world that we see the evil our Emperor has done.

2. STAY INFORMED: The corporate media is not to be trusted, NPR is even suspect IMHO. Try WBAI, KPFA or http://www.freespeech.org.

3. STAY INVOLVED: Keep up at http://www.unitedforpeace.org for protests in your area or nearby areas.

4. BE VISIBLE: Wear an armband, a pin, a button, continue to show your disgust with DUH-BYA.

5. STAY TOGETHER--EVEN AFTER THIS IS OVER: This is where we can do damage! Making sure that Bush doesn't talk the UN into letting us off easy, and that we rebuild Iraq as a Democracy--not a colony.

Also, work to locate and elect candidates willing to work WITH the world--not in defiance of this.

We didn't loose--Bush has isolated himself and the US. We just need to finish the job.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 758 • Replies: 2
No top replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 10:13 pm
First strikes now - what they call surgical strikes. What a wonderful language we have.

I feel the same way I think you sound, neo - it still doesn't sound right.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 07:23 am
Isn't their latest linguistic work of art something like "pre-emptive defensive action"? Laughing

I swear the entire shrub family just won't give up until they get the Hollywood-John Wayne-Chuck Norris ending to which they think they are entitled! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies