How long before foot and mouth disease kills Dean

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 11:48 am
Obama is too young still. It would be a shame to waste him by pushing too fast.

Quote:
Dean inspiring the big donors, too (this is what I worry about)

I'm not really worried about this. The big donors all have their price, remember?

One of the things that we bitch about is the fact that it seems like all the politicians are in the pockets of special interests and big business. Shouldn't we be applauding the guy who is trying to pull the Democratic party away from such things?

Dean has broken the record for money collection this off-cycle year for the Dems; there will be much, much more to come. I've donated $25 to his cause, and you should too, Soze... you won't miss it much and this is how we raise should raise the millions neccessary to get a real candidate elected in '06 and '08.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 11:52 am
Who says I haven't donated?

It's great that he's pulling in the small donations, definitely. But he's plain going to have to get the big donors. That's his role, that's the way to stay competitive.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 11:57 am
I just plain disagree.

I believe the amount of money that he can raise through a large amount of small donations probably won't rise to the level of the big boys. But I think that once the 'big boys' who are typical democratic donators see just how much traction the combination of small donations and grassroots effort has, they will start adding their monies in as well.

I like the concept of breaking the Lobbyist stranglehold on politics! It is playing the Republicans game to take money from big corporations and pharma lobbies.... there are tons of middlemen whose only purpose is too find a way to leech off of the system of transferring money for favors, and I hate all of those middlemen. Fire them all, I say.

There is going to be a turf war for the Dems in the next few years, with Dean and the Moveon crew on one side, and the old hard-line DLC guys on the other side. Who will win? Well, there's one group that is actively working hard to raise support amongst the PEOPLE of this nation. The others spend a lot of time courting business donations and basing other Democrats. My money is on Dean.

Sorry to imply that ya didn't donate, Cheers

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 12:14 pm
If I were a possible Dean supporter, and a Democrat, I would hope that Dean' s comments would not be justification to label him an extremist from the Left, but I would be very worried that the average American, would attach that label due to the perceptions that he is creating.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 12:22 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Sure. But there are a ton of people who WILL vote for Dean's party when push comes to shove.

We may have to wait and see on this one. i still think he will drive away just as many as he will convert.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
I applaud and encourage yer search for a third party; I would like one myself, but don't see it happening and instead choose to focus on reforming the Democrats if possible.

Cycloptichorn

I don't really see it happening either... but I am tired of supporting a party that continues to be so gutless. As long as the NEO-Cons are the face of the conservative movement I will find it difficult to offer my support. I will not stop voicing my opinion about the focus of the party but voting for them is something I probablly will not do.

Soz... at this point I'm not sure the Dems could put up a candidate that could win me over either. They, as much as the repubs, are business as usual and I am fed up with it. The party just doesn't jive with my beliefs at this point and would have to put up somebody really spectacular in order to win my vote.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 12:31 pm
Just an observation:

With the exception of Tim Russert, the MSM is mostly quiet and are careful not to voice any opinion one way or the other regarding Dean. However, because they cannot cover for him very long without it becoming obvious to the general public, they will be forced to either support him or grill him as Tim Russert did. Even though I believe the MSM to be supportive of the Democratic Party generally which was evidenced by their generous support of Kerry, I believe the MSM to be intellectually honest enough to conclude that Dean has no real plan, and his general inconsistency on the divisive issues will force them to grill him relentlessly which in turn will result in his political death. Because of the upcoming mid term elections they will further conclude that his death should be sooner than later.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 12:37 pm
Just because you haven't researched enough to learn Gov. Dean's plan doesn't mean that he doesn't have one.

I also believe that Dean just doesn't care for the media at all after the way he was assassinated by them during last year's presidential campaign. Bunch of thugs...

Can you point out Dean's inconsistency on divisive issues? I'd really like to hear your take on, well, anything that he has had to say. You seem pretty well informed on the fact that he is inconsistent; why don't you show me how you came to that conclusion?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 01:29 pm
http://www.hillnews.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/060705/fundraisers.html

Apparently, the disease has been caught and has now spread the DNC Fundraisers.

"Three top fundraisers at the Democratic National Committee have resigned at a time when its chairman, former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, has come under fire from fellow Democrats for controversial comments and his Republican counterpart has raised more than twice as much money.

Democratic sources link the resignations to Dean's decision to focus on raising money in small increments through the Internet, as he did during his 2004 presidential bid, and building up the party's grassroots infrastructure while paying little attention to major Democratic donors."
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 01:54 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
.Can you point out Dean's inconsistency on divisive issues? I'd really like to hear your take on, well, anything that he has had to say. You seem pretty well informed on the fact that he is inconsistent; why don't you show me how you came to that conclusion?

Cycloptichorn

Tim Russert does a much better job of that than I ever could. It's in the transcript above, don't tell me you scrolled right past it

:wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 02:02 pm
I not only didn't scroll past it, I actually saw the interview first-hand on TV. And Russert doesn't do a good job of pointing out 'inconsistencies' as you put it (though I will agree that it is much better than what you could do).

Where, specifically, are the inconsistencies? I don't mind if you cut and paste Russert's piece if you want to. I just want to see if you actually know what the hell you are talking about, or if you are just making things up. Want to guess which one I'm betting on?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 03:36 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I not only didn't scroll past it, I actually saw the interview first-hand on TV. And Russert doesn't do a good job of pointing out 'inconsistencies' as you put it (though I will agree that it is much better than what you could do).

Where, specifically, are the inconsistencies? I don't mind if you cut and paste Russert's piece if you want to. I just want to see if you actually know what the hell you are talking about, or if you are just making things up. Want to guess which one I'm betting on?

Cycloptichorn

Temper...temper....why not come back tomorrow and be civil? I'll check with the Las Vegas odds makers to see if they have an opinion whether it's terminal and how long they give him.

Did you ever stop to consider the possibility that while you lap up the "Kool Aid", you might be considered not only myopic but actually have on "night vision" goggles with dead batteries.

You see, if you insist on provoking.......I will never disappoint but you probably won't like the response. If we were face to face would you provoke in the same way?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 03:51 pm
What are you, a 15-year old? I don't give a damn about your 'response.'

I'm asking you to point out the inconsistencies in what Dean has said. I don't care about the other sh*t. I'm betting that you can't do it. I do so based upon your past posts.

Prove me wrong.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies