Family Day at Fenway marred by Queer Eye?

Linkat

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 11:22 am
That is probably exactly what I would boomerang and seems to be the best compromise. Honestly you are going to run into these sorts of situations whether it is sex, violence related or anything else you would just prefer a young child to not know about quite yet.

Slappy you obviously don't know my little girl. There would be some tiny reference to an inappropriate word or subject and she would pick up on it. How many times has my husband and I whispered something to each other - not appropriate for little ears and being the curious little monster she is - certainly pick up on the one little inappropriate thing.

Oh sozobe that is such an innocent little statement. You are right - many people would be upset by it when there really is no meaning behind it other than playing dress up. I wish they could stay so innocent all the time.

I think most of you are right. The questions by the kids are so innocent - it is us grownups that make more of it than needs be and turn something a kid wouldn't even know about into a major political statement.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 11:27 am
Well, there was some meaning behind it -- it's something I've purposely exposed her to, the idea that families can be made up of two dads, two moms, etc. The night before I'd read her a book that featured lots of different kinds of families.

So she said it based on her knowledge of the subject. (Though her knowledge is more towards "two moms/ dads" than "marry" -- I think she extrapolated that part.)

But yeah, totally agree with your last sentence, Linkat. And ebrown's points, too.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 11:38 am
And today, we have a winner!!!

Sozobe wins the Word of the Day contest with "extrapolated."

Cookie is in the mail.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 11:47 am
C'mon, "extrapolate" isn't so fancy as all that! It's just a normal word. If that happens, it's easy to extrapolate...

aw, the hell with it.

Better be chocolate chip.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 12:01 pm
Oy why she get a cookie and not me?

I said "hyperbole" here today. And "wholesale overhaul". And "escapades" and "fetish" and "generic" and "qualifications". And "scuttled" and "whetted" and "follow suit".
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 12:04 pm
The crack of the bat has the pinch hitter getting up in the ondeck circle. Ooh, that one was was up and in.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 12:15 pm
nimh wrote:
Oy why she get a cookie and not me?

I said "hyperbole" here today. And "wholesale overhaul". And "escapades" and "fetish" and "generic" and "qualifications". And "scuttled" and "whetted" and "follow suit".

Looks like someone needs to read more.

Those aren't fancy words.

"Expra..." or whatever that word Soz used. Now THAT'S fancy. I can just picture that word now, walking into a party with bling-bling on, gold teeth and what not.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 12:16 pm
cjhsa wrote:
The crack of the bat has the pinch hitter getting up in the ondeck circle. Ooh, that one was was up and in.

Some of the power pitchers like to deliver it high and tight. But it's considered cheating if they use vasoline or spit.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 01:29 pm
Then there's the openly gay pitcher, trying unsuccessfully to get others to join him. "This guy can't get anybody out!".
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 03:52 pm
Soz wins the award? I didn't even realize we were engaged in a competition! Obviously, my powers of discernment are faltering and I have been remarkably obtuse today. Either that, or some anonymous gamester must have been derelict in his duty to disseminate the required communique regarding said challenge match. I object most obstreperously!

[size=7]Mmmm....chocolate chip, you say?[/size]
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 04:13 pm
It looks like they're going to try the old squeeze play.
0 Replies