I will not vote for Bernie Sanders

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:33 pm
@maxdancona,
I've read many of your posts. It's deflection and rhetoric. And it doesn't answer any one of my questions to you.

Would you like to try again?
Sturgis

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I wish the Brits and Russians would butt out of American elections.

Since the entire planet interacts in various ways, other countries have every right to state their views about what is happening in U.S. political races. The media in other places, if they are being true to the spirit of journalism, will be reporting what is happening here in the U.S.

Personally, I am glad to have folks such as Izzy give views on how they see what is going on here. Learning these things, can help put us on a better pathway or if we are there already, help us keep steady and move forward, avoiding bumps which could hurl us into the ditches on the sides of the roads.

One other thing, how do you feel about the way the U.S. Is so often trying to direct elections in other countries?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:43 pm
@neptuneblue,
You are playing the same game again... and I will play it straight (again).

1) Hillary is not running. I have never said she is
2) Real Music, Izzy, Sturgis, here. Lots of angry democrats elsewhere like Kristin Gillebrand (who thankfully dropped out) .
3) This thread is not about candidates... it is about the left-wing base.
4) Hillary Clinton, AOC, angry White women in pink hats. You may disagree, but Middle American voters (outside the bubble) don't feel respected by them.
5) Does the outrage of angry White men in red hats change your vote? Now you know how middle America feels about left-wing outrage.
6) Because you are turning off the very voters that Democrats need to win the election.
7) I am talking about supporters in this thread, not candidates. The one other candidate I directly opposed was Kristing Gillebrand. The rest of them can at this point gain my vote.
8) This isn't about issues, it is about who will govern and which ideological group will influence them.
9 ) This question doesn't make any sense
10 ) For one thing, I have made it clear which candidates I will refuse to vote for.

I think I got them all.

This is silly, you are playing a game to avoid the important questions. But there, I played along.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
...then this belongs in the feud thread

How should I put this, I believe that thread of yours has been, shall we say, cancelled.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:45 pm
@Sturgis,
Really Sturgis? You do realize that wasn't a serious comment, right?

maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:48 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
...then this belongs in the feud thread

How should I put this, I believe that thread of yours has been, shall we say, cancelled.

That's disappointing. Now we have to spam up threads again?

I thought the feud thread was a good idea.
Real Music

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
1. I believe that the former Hillary Clinton supporters are the greatest risk to the Democrats this cycle. Her style of entitled, self-righteous politics that declares that dissent is "deplorable" is the reason that Trump is president. If the "Clinton" wing of the part doesn't get stifled, the Democrats will lose again.

2. It is a fact the Democrats need to win states that Trump won in 2016. This likely means that the Democrats need to win over voters that voted for Trump in 2016. These are not angry White Women in pink hats.

3. I don't understand why agreeing with Lash is a bad thing. I agree with you sometimes too. I think this counts as an ad hominem... it certainly isn't a logically valid point

1. Your post doesn't make any sense.

2. I also DISAGREE with your assertions in your post.

3. As I already stated I actually like and respect Hillary Clinton.

4. You seem to be asserting that Hillary Clinton supporters are monolithic, when in fact they are actually diverse people from all walks of life.

5. Hillary Clinton supporters are not monolithic.

6. Hillary Clinton supporters are diverse people from all walks of life.

7. Is there any reason you can't move on from Hillary Clinton?

8. Hillary Clinton is not running.

9. Your obsession over Hillary Clinton, who by the way, isn't even running is one reason that you and Lash are the same.

Sturgis

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:52 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Real Music, Izzy, Sturgis here. Lots of angry democrats...

Didn't you just tell us that Izzy has no vote in this election? Then how is he a democrat? And why are you so worried about his ideas?

As for me, I'm not angry about the political scene with the Dems right now. It's more a frustration that they've had ample time to build a sturdy platform and haven't done it. At times it would appear they can't even figure out how to get the nails into the floorboards.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:56 pm
@maxdancona,
The feud thread was never a good idea. It was a distraction at best.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:00 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton.... Hillary Clinton

Is there any reason that you can't move on from Hillary Clinton?

I mentioned Hillary to make one point in a thread about Bernie Sanders' supporters. I can drop the point if you can.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:01 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

The feud thread was never a good idea. It was a distraction at best.

I started a new thread to discuss why the feud thread was a good idea. You can read it here.

https://able2know.org/topic/531458-1
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:04 pm
@Sturgis,
Do you agree with my point?

The Democrats can't afford to insult or write off voters in middle America... even if they disagree on some issues.

There are an awful lot of people who are getting compared to nazis... many of whom voted for Obama. Once someone thinks that they have been given the "nazi" label, the Democrats can write off their vote. This was the "deplorable" problem.
Real Music

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
2) Real Music, Izzy, Sturgis, here. Lots of angry democrats elsewhere like Kristin Gillebrand (who thankfully dropped out) .

I'm not angry at all.

I am merely engaging in a conversation or discussion.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:07 pm
@maxdancona,
Ok, you interacted, I see that. So let's hone in on what truly is the issues here...

1) You continually bring up Hillary. Stop. And we can go on.
2) There's lots of angry people everywhere, yet you're only focused on Democrats.
3) The left wing base IS about the candidates, yet you disregard the fact.
4) Ok, 52% of the voting public are women. Most of them are angry for various reasons, Some democratic, some republican. It's a fact you cannot avoid.
5) White men in red hats do change my vote. It's not the hat or color, it's their belief they're better than me.
6) If it were a republican disadvantage, would you think there would be a different strategy?
7) You should be talking about the candidates, that's what it's all about.
8) Yes, Max, it is all about issues.
9) It seems you'll vote republican, regardless if it's harmful, just to show your displeasure with the democratic party.
10) Refusing to vote for one candidate doesn't mean you support any other from the same political party.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:07 pm
@maxdancona,
Supposedly no candidate can afford to do this.. Looking at the biggest insulter of all, Donald Trump, that doesn't seem to be true.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I mentioned Hillary to make one point in a thread about Bernie Sanders' supporters. I can drop the point if you can.

Of course I can move on from Hillary Clinton.

I've moved on after she lost.

I only bring up Hillary Clinton when people like Max, Edgar, and Lash bring up Hillary Clinton.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:12 pm
@neptuneblue,
1) Ok
2) I don't believe that most people are angry.
3) ???
4) I don't believe that most women are angry.

... this is getting silly.

I strongly support Elizabeth Warren. I would regret voting for Biden. I think I like Kamala, Beto, or Buttigieg (although I don't think any of them have much of a chance). The rest don't seem realistic to me at all.

I won't vote for Bernie. I suspect that lots of voters feel the same. I hope the Democratic party is listening.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:14 pm
@Real Music,
The important point is that the Democratic party is still labeling whole groups of Americans as "deplorable" (or nazi, or misogynist, etc.).

This is a big problem for the Democratic party in 2020. They are going to have to not only have a positive message... they also have to find a way to reach out to these very voters in a respectful way.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:26 pm
@maxdancona,
Ok, I believe 98% of America is angry. 2% are stoners and just don't give a ****.

Out of that 98%, let's agree half and half. Out of that half, a slight majority are women. Out of that majority, half are democrats, half are republican.

Having said that, the democratic nominees are white men, gay, women or otherwise a combination of women/black/gay, as to say, NOT a white man. With the demographics as they are, why would you not consider the issues as momentum?

Real Music

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:28 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The important point is that the Democratic party is still labeling whole groups of Americans as "deplorable" (or nazi, or misogynist, etc.).

But some of those people truly are or nazi, or misogynist, etc.

Quote:
This is a big problem for the Democratic party in 2020. They are going to have to not only have a positive message... they also have to find a way to reach out to these very voters in a respectful way.
I believe the democrats are presenting a positive message.

I also believe that the democrats are reaching out to voters in a respectful way.

That doesn't mean the democrats have to please every voter, because that is simply impossible.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:31:39