I will not vote for Bernie Sanders

maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:55 pm
@neptuneblue,
Most Americans are not angry enough to yell in the streets in any color hat. The angry White women in pink hats and the angry White men in red hats are a minority. And... I suspect that most Americans are turned off by both sides.

I believe most Americans want to see a candidate who will talk about economics, health care and violence. They don't want to be criticized for dissenting on one topic or another, and they don't want to hear insults. They want a candidate who will respect them and put forward reasonable policies to answer their concerns.

The question of why Trump won is fair.... but the majority of Americans disliked Trump. Most people who voted for Trump were voting for what they believed to be the least worst of two bad candidates.

Trump wins a nasty fight... he is simply better at it. You will notice that he didn't attack voters... he attacked immigrants, and the press, and the elites. He ensured that as nasty as his attacks were, the vast majority of voters felt it didn't apply to them. As much as I dislike Trump, you have to admit that he throws crap better than anyone else.

The Democrats are going to have to win by presenting a positive vision... and by reaching out to middle America.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 11:03 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
But some of those people truly are or nazi

1 ) There are very few true nazis. By nazi I mean someone who either 1) identifies them self as a nazi or wears nazi symbols or 2) specifically calls for the death of a racial or ethnic group. There are some people who meet this definition. The number is very small.

The problem is when you enlarge that definition to include people who simply disagree with you... then you have attached a nasty label that they don't deserve.

2) I am a misogynist who is strongly supporting Elizabeth Warren. I have already donated to her campaign and I may volunteer for her. Do you have a problem with that?

The word misogynist is subjective. No one agrees on who is a misogynist. It seems that often this definition is broad enough to include people who might vote for or even support a Democratic candidate.

3) I feel that many parts of the Democratic base are hostile to me as a voter. I am not the only person who feels this way.

What matters is how middle American voters feel about the Democratic base. The Trump campaign has already identified this as a weakness that they can exploit.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 12:59 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

1. Max, sometimes you are no different from Lash.

A couple of prima donnas who think its every political party's job to pander to their own narrow demands.

Trump is a disaster and the only person who stands a realistic chance of defeating him is the person who wins the Democratic nomination.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 01:04 am
@maxdancona,
We've never interfered in your elections although you have in ours. Caspar Weinberger interfered and there's a growing suspicion that Americans forced Harold Wilson's resignation.

As for interference, you're the ones with troops stationed on our soil. When they've gone you may have a point, until then it's just hypocritical whining.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 01:07 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Really Sturgis? You do realize that wasn't a serious comment, right?

Common tactic, whenever you say something racist, homophobic, sexist, bigoted or just plain stupid you then claim it was joking and imply the other person must be stupid for "falling for it."

It's dishonest, and the only person stupid enough to think it works is you.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 04:31 am
At least I have something to wank.

We're not interfering in your elections. The Russians set up a propaganda machine with fake news fake accounts, the lot.

I am a private individual commenting on a thread, and I'm not pretending to be Billy Bob from Wisconsin..

Now if you think those things are the same then you really are incredibly stupid.

This is classic Max, your lies have been caught out, your motivation is clear. In short all of your chickens are coming home to roost and you're looking incredibly foolish. So what do you do, you create a load of straw men and throw a load of mud because you're thoroughly dishonest and cannot discuss anything honestly.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 04:34 am
@izzythepush,
You are making transphobic jokes again Izzy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 04:35 am
You say racist and homophobic things all the time, chief being the way you attack anyone who dares to criticise neo Nazis.

It was obvious that I was talking about you in general, not specifically that particular point. It's not Sturgis who has problems with comprehension, it's you. Either that or you're being deliberately obtuse, but however you want to spin it, it's just you being mendacious, as always.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 07:01 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Most Americans are not angry enough to yell in the streets in any color hat. The angry White women in pink hats and the angry White men in red hats are a minority. And... I suspect that most Americans are turned off by both sides.

I believe most Americans want to see a candidate who will talk about economics, health care and violence. They don't want to be criticized for dissenting on one topic or another, and they don't want to hear insults. They want a candidate who will respect them and put forward reasonable policies to answer their concerns.

The question of why Trump won is fair.... but the majority of Americans disliked Trump. Most people who voted for Trump were voting for what they believed to be the least worst of two bad candidates.

Trump wins a nasty fight... he is simply better at it. You will notice that he didn't attack voters... he attacked immigrants, and the press, and the elites. He ensured that as nasty as his attacks were, the vast majority of voters felt it didn't apply to them. As much as I dislike Trump, you have to admit that he throws crap better than anyone else.

The Democrats are going to have to win by presenting a positive vision... and by reaching out to middle America.

You still have not dialed down to the pertinent questions, so here you go:

So, I have to ask, who is insulting you and your beliefs? What particular candidate has got your cross hairs up to make you believe 1) Hilary is running for President, 2) who has actually insulted your core beliefs, 3) which catch phrase a candidate thus far has insulted you, 4) who has not treated the American people with respect, 5) why you think outrage is a detriment to get people to vote in a different direction, 6) why you think people need to shut up, 7) which candidate is against you in particular, 8) which particular issue will turn your vote from democratic to republican, knowing who the republican candidate is Donald Trump, 9) if you really want a change from the current president, and 10) what steps have you taken to influence how you want the future to go?

maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 09:32 am
@neptuneblue,
I already answered all your questions here

https://able2know.org/topic/531143-3#post-6900168
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 10:33 am
Alastair Cooke on US interference in British politics.

Quote:
Sure enough, Blackpool had made the foreign headlines for the only reason it ever does โ€“ the Labour Party was holding its annual conference there and I gathered that the enemy this time โ€“ for a day or two, anyway โ€“ was not so much Mrs Thatcher as Mr Caspar Weinberger, the American Secretary of Defense. What was he doing at Blackpool?

He wasn't. May I say, for listeners in Mexico or the New Zealand Alps, that the previous weekend, Mr Weinberger, being interviewed by the BBC in Washington, expressed what is certainly the administration position that the British Labour Party's commitment to remove American nuclear weapons, including cruise missiles, would severely weaken the Anglo-American alliance and could, quote, 'strengthen isolationist tendencies in American public opinion'.

Promptly, or rather before the interview was broadcast, my old paper, which had received a text of the taped interview, wrote that it amounted to a pre-emptive strike against the election of a Labour government. Then up spoke the old defence horse, Mr Denis Healey, and accused Mr Weinberger of being in open collusion with the Conservative party to prevent Labour winning the election.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1wRSS9dq0V6b9lj30jBM7LF/us-interference-in-uk-politics
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 12:39 pm
@maxdancona,
neptuneblue wrote:
So, I have to ask, who is insulting you and your beliefs? What particular candidate has got your cross hairs up to make you believe 1) Hilary is running for President, 2) who has actually insulted your core beliefs, 3) which catch phrase a candidate thus far has insulted you, 4) who has not treated the American people with respect, 5) why you think outrage is a detriment to get people to vote in a different direction, 6) why you think people need to shut up, 7) which candidate is against you in particular, 8) which particular issue will turn your vote from democratic to republican, knowing who the republican candidate is Donald Trump, 9) if you really want a change from the current president, and 10) what steps have you taken to influence how you want the future to go?

maxdancona wrote:
I already answered all your questions here.

maxdancona wrote:
1) Hillary is not running. I have never said she is
2) Real Music, Izzy, Sturgis, here. Lots of angry democrats elsewhere like Kristin Gillebrand (who thankfully dropped out) .
3) This thread is not about candidates... it is about the left-wing base.
4) Hillary Clinton, AOC, angry White women in pink hats. You may disagree, but Middle American voters (outside the bubble) don't feel respected by them.
5) Does the outrage of angry White men in red hats change your vote? Now you know how middle America feels about left-wing outrage.
6) Because you are turning off the very voters that Democrats need to win the election.
7) I am talking about supporters in this thread, not candidates. The one other candidate I directly opposed was Kristing Gillebrand. The rest of them can at this point gain my vote.
8) This isn't about issues, it is about who will govern and which ideological group will influence them.
9 ) This question doesn't make any sense
10 ) For one thing, I have made it clear which candidates I will refuse to vote for.

The thing is, you didn't really read & answer anything, You went on a tirade. Again. So, I'm trying to figure out which part of the democratic party you have a problem with. It seems that there's no part you agree with, or any candidate you feel is up to the job of the presidency. In other words, you're doing exactly the same thing you accuse others of doing - not listening, not being respectful, not coming up with ideas to instill change - all the while being angry and demanding that you matter.

On many occasions you have sought to allow any and all groups to be heard, as a First Amendment right. Yet, when that same principle is exercised by women in pink hats, suddenly you seek to shut them down. I'm having trouble ascertaining from you with who gets to parade and who doesn't.

Each democratic candidate has their own agenda with certain issues. Whether that's gun control, climate change, women's issues, or healthcare, they all have supportive groups behind them. It seems like that's excluding you from participating. It isn't. Not one person is going to check off all of your boxes to be worthy to become President.

So, are you willing to have four more years of Donald Trump or would you like to vote for someone else?

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 02:32 pm
@neptuneblue,
You wrote this about someone else...
neptuneblue wrote:
The thing is, you didn't really read & answer anything,

...and then wrote this?

neptuneblue wrote:
So, are you willing to have four more years of Donald Trump or would you like to vote for someone else?

How many days a week are you reminded that you need to wear pants to work? Were you dropped as a baby maybe?

your argument is rubbish.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 02:39 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Were you dropped as a baby maybe?

Are you trying to form a support group or something?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 03:25 pm
@Real Music,
When she is a perfect example for a point being made, you need to get your ******* iron pants on and accept that she will be cited as a relevant example.

LOL. I can definitely understand that you establishment types would like that corrupt old elitist to fade away into the dust bin of history, but she did and said critical bullshit that makes her a relevant example of why **** happened as it did.

Omg, I hate her.

โœŒ๐Ÿผ๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿผ

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 03:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Incorrect. Biden will be a spill on the floor in a debate with trump.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 03:50 pm
@Lash,
It's refreshing to hear it's only Biden you have a problem with, so you're endorsing all the other Democratic candidates.

Good on you. Dump the Trump.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 04:01 pm
@Lash,
So, I guess Elizabeth Warren can definitely count on your vote if she wins the nomination.
Lash

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 01:22 am
@Real Music,
No. I only vote for progressives and thereโ€™s only one in the race.
#OnlyBernie

https://ghionjournal.com/examining-elizabeth-warrens-political-identity-is-she-really-a-rose/
Real Music

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 02:45 am
@Lash,
The political journey of Elizabeth Warren.

When she was a young law professor, Elizabeth Warren set out to discover why people go bankrupt. She traveled to federal courtrooms across the country and listened to the stories of people in financial distress. Many were middle class, she found, but had fallen on hard times after becoming sick, losing their jobs or getting divorced. The realization that so many Americans were one bad break away from bankruptcy was the beginning of a four-decade career that has taken Warren from the lecture halls of Harvard to the halls of Congress. As a consumer advocate, a senator from Massachusetts, and now a Democratic presidential candidate, Warren has always preached a message of economic fairness and championed regulations on credit card companies and big banks. โ€œI got a planโ€ has become a core message of her presidential campaign, but critics say her plans are unrealistic in an era of political gridlock.

Published September 4, 2019

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 01:00:51