I will not vote for Bernie Sanders

livinglava

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:26 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

livinglava wrote:
What are the odds that Warren will eventually defer and channel her votes to Biden instead of vice-versa?

I don't see the Democratic party orchestrating a situation where a female candidate defers to a (white) male candidate. Do you?

Sure. Kamala Harris.

Kamala Harris what? How do you answer a question about odds with a noun?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:27 am
@Lash,
Bit late in the day, you still voted for a war criminal who was behind an illegal invasion. And you knew that at the time, so I'd leave the moralising to someone else.
Lash

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:32 am
@izzythepush,
I did not know it.
I still don’t know it.

I only know the result of being on a constant war footing, dependence on foreign oil, a bloated locked and loaded military, and cocky hubris. I’m only voting for a person who convincingly espouses turning away from all of those things.
livinglava

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:34 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I assume you mean Sanders? Warren and Biden represent opposite sides of this contest.

So what? They will use anti-Trump sentiment to rationalize pragmatically supporting whichever candidate is running against him.

That pragmatism is how they make room to pick and choose which policy objectives to sacrifice in favor of others.

You vote for Obama to get sustainability reforms and end up with Cash4Clunkers and Fifty Shades of Fiscal Stimulus with the rationalization that capitalism must be expanded to be more socially inclusive, and denial that the expansion will ultimately undermine sustainability reform.

Quote:
Warren would only defer to Sanders if Sanders took off in the polls. The opposite is happening. I don't think that anything is being orchestrated this time.

They support anyone in hopes of ousting the GOP incumbent. They can't and won't work with the GOP. It undermines their paradigm of using democracy as a tool to wrest political power/participation away from opponents.

maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:35 am
@izzythepush,
Since this is a completely off topic post, I respond to it in the "Don't you dare" thread.

https://able2know.org/topic/531738-1#post-6900948
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:36 am
@Lash,
How could you not know it? It was all over the news. Playing ostrich doesn't let you off.

You voted for a war criminal after his crimes were known. And if you didn't know he was a war criminal you should have known.

What happened? When did it suddenly become wrong to commit atrocities? It wasn't wrong when Dubya was doing it.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:37 am
@livinglava,
Anti-Trump sentiment is a perfectly valid reason for supporting the Democratic candidate.

I don't get what point you are trying to make.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:41 am
@maxdancona,
Don't talk rot. This is you making another unilateral decision based on your own ego.

I'm bang on topic, you claim not to support Trump, then like Lash you set a load of terms and conditions as to why you may not vote for Trump.

I'm not the only one who suspects you both support Trump and are just trying to sow discord amongst the Democrats.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:47 am
@izzythepush,
People claim that Bush knew Iraq was innocent of the reasons cited to go to war.

Congress overwhelmingly approved the war.

The American people overwhelmingly approved the war.

Those are facts we won’t be denying now that it’s convenient.

I believed that Saddam prevented our entry to sites to hide malfeasance. I believed his scientists begged for our help and UN help to avoid murder by Saddam.

I believed our intel then.

These are facts.

I’ve heard vociferous arguments claiming that Bush and Cheney intentionally fabricated intel. Maybe the MIC did to take over Iraq. I don’t know what’s true around that part of the discussion. Neither do you.

Was it a horrifying deadly fiasco that ruined a multitude of lives? Hell yes.

Did realization of this shade my attitude toward war of any kind? Hell yes.

This is America. Our fuel is war and dominance. Unaccountable power has created a monster that everyone should fear. I’m doing everything I can to transform us back to the best of who we can be. It’s the most important thing on my life’s agenda for the time I have left here.

No apologies.
Lash

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:48 am
@maxdancona,
It’s WHY YOU LOST LAST TIME!
livinglava

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:49 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Anti-Trump sentiment is a perfectly valid reason for supporting the Democratic candidate.

Doing so invites the kind of two-party politics that undermine democracy.

Think about it: if money controls politics, it can do whatever it wants with one party and when the people get hungry for going against the incumbent, that gives money more freedom to advance whatever policies it wants in the alternative party, i.e. because all opposition votes will be corralled into whichever candidate comes out on top in the primaries.

If you really want to stop supporting money controlling politics, you have to vote only for what you want and avoid voting for whatever you disagree with.

If everyone did this, the level of voter (non)participation would reflect how (dis)satisfied people are with government generally.

As long as they keep rallying people to vote against candidates/parties they dislike, high voter participation suggests democracy is working, when in fact it isn't actually working for most people.

Quote:

I don't get what point you are trying to make.

I explained it in post # 6,900,947 above. Why do you ask if there is a point beyond what I clearly explained in that post?

Because you dislike what I said and therefore want to ignore it completely and actively?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:53 am
@Lash,
The war was illegal, it went against international law. Congress do not decide international law.

lash wrote:
I believed that Saddam prevented our entry to sites to hide malfeasance. I believed his scientists begged for our help and UN help to avoid murder by Saddam.

That might explain why you approved of the illegal war in the first place. It does not explain why you voted for Dubya after those claims were shown to be false.

You're just repeating the same right wing lies that were said at the time.

Leopards don't change spots.
Lash

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:55 am
@izzythepush,
Well, at least you’ve established that Elizabeth Warren is still a Republican and Barak Obama is still a coke head. Thanks!!

Spotted Leopards #2 and #3.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:56 am
@Lash,
He lost, not you. You won, Trump got in.

You really should proof read more, that way you avoid little slips that show how you really feel.

If you'd said we lost, or America lost you might still be able to salvage a shred of credibility but no, that boat has sailed.
Lash

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 08:00 am
@izzythepush,
Had I voted for Hillary, I’d’ve lost that election. Max and the cheating dimwits thought nothing more than opposition to trump would heave that old cheating battle ax into office. They were wrong.

I’d already been robbed months earlier.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 08:10 am
@Lash,
So you are happy Trump won. You must be happy about all the school shootings, children locked up at borders, extra judicial murders carried out by the Saudis and the prospect of yet another illegal unnecessary war in the Gulf.

Let's face it everyone knows the Ayatollah is responsible for global warming.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 08:11 am
@Lash,
Your misspelling of Obama's name, was it deliberate or just a typo?
Lash

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 08:51 am
@izzythepush,
Is Barak somehow more nefarious than Barack?

Or were you that desperate to deflect from the fact that I just slimed your fake point with leopards #1 and #2 🥳. 🐆🐆
Lash

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 08:53 am
@izzythepush,
Yes. I’m thrilled about all of that.

If you were an American citizen, you’d be just as insistent on Bernie as the nominee—unless you’re a liar about your politics.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 09:01 am
@Lash,
You don't know what I'd be like if I was an American citizen. I'd be spending way too much time impressing people with my classy accent to bother about politics.

I can't do that here, nobody gives a ****.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:37:03