extra medium

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 03:03 am
you gots to be kidding, Lola is a guy?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 03:23 am
Lola is a gal.

I can tell.

Photos?I have forgotten where.Very nice though apart from the blokes in them.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 03:30 am
In any event: S, I believe it was you that I was reading regarding "investing in a situation and then seeing it was for naught" or some such.

Not that it applies to this situation, at all.

We demand proof though!

Lola, I did not report it above, someone else did.
But now my mind doth decay with this seed that has been planted. Are you a man? Please defend thyself. Say it ain't so. ?

They have dared to question your feminity above, Lola. Lola, prove yourself to be a woman, woman! Razz (hey I have one free turn to say this, she called me a transvestite, after all)
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 03:34 am
Lola - the Kinks

I met her in a club down in old soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola
C-o-l-a cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said lola
L-o-l-a lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well I'm not the world's most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said dear boy won't you come home with me
Well I'm not the world's most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes well I almost fell for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me

Well that's the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well I left home just a week before
And I'd never ever kissed a woman before
But lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said dear boy I'm gonna make you a man

Well I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 03:39 am
My my. And The Kinks were British, were they not? The puzzle is coming together, perhaps.

I will remain doubtful though. I give Lola the benefit of the doubt, until we hear from her. Will she weigh in on this?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 03:57 am
E.M.:-

It will surprise me if she does.Lola is used to a more refined atmosphere that all this.She is,as we speak,cuddled up in a strange hotel with a Major General of great dignity and high purpose.He will be up soon preparing her breakfast,running her bath and laying out her garments ready for another day.It's not fair is what I say.Pulling rank so grossly.

Wouldn't it be nice if She adjusted her avvie ever so slightly?Facing the other way of course.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 03:58 am
E.M.:-

I must do some work and surely you must sleep.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 04:03 am
You are right. Well I'll sleep in 30 minutes or so...

You actually have to work? How...sort of crimminally vulgar . It seemed you were beyond all that. What sort of work do you do? (you don't have to answer--or as usual, feel free to bs)

Yes even though Lola isn't my type, that adjustment scene would be one for the memory banks, I cannot deny
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 01:34 pm
Brandon:-

I thought it might be worthwhile to elucidate the 4thD for you a little further.

Many years ago,in the interests of science, I thought it would be worth the effort to make a study of the female brain function.After a time,and considerable study I realised that my quest was futile.

Being magnanimous,as I am,I didn't blame the object of my study but rather myself.I realised I didn't know enough about brains in general.After pondering for a short time,and to cut a long story down to manageable proportions,it struck me that the only brain I could study properly was my own.
I started watching myself closely.Driving and stuff.But once I got the hang of it I moved on to more complex matters like which images grabbed my attention and what sorts of bodily reactions they caused.This brought me much nearer to what I was searching for.Then I moved on to what I call "before and afters".As with an image,a smell maybe,of food when I was hungry and when I wasn't.Of course this can be applied to lots of things.I then engaged in quite a long period of research.

One day I realised that what was watching me was also a part of my brain yet somehow detached.I became quite self critical.

One day I was reading something and I came across the term "4th dimension" and I slapped my knees like you do with a sudden brilliant insight which you think is original.Silly old me,It wasn't original at all.But I had a title for my other brain.The one that I set to watch my real brain."The 4th".I did it just then.I typed "4tth" and my 4th watched how I noticed the error and corrected it.

That is the 4th dimension.I'm in it here.

Of course I am past such things now,as Husker wisely noticed assuming he wasn't finger counting.
I have set another part of my brain watching the part of my brain that I set to watch my brain.This,as Husker so wisely noticed,is the 5th.

I am girding my loins and hitching up my sleeves now wondering whether to try the 6th but I don't think I will as I think I have enough knowledge to go back to studying the female brain.

As you have expressed an interest I will let you know as quickly as I can whether I discover anything you might not know or cannot find out yourself stuck as you are in the three boring dimensions.

My initial findings look bleak indeed but I have found out how I function a bit more than I did and I have decided to study the female brain from another annggglle.First indications are that it has dimensions you would need to count the grains of sand in an estuary dredger at the end of a long shift,more than 7 minutes I fear,in order to find a comparable number and make it seem real.Perhaps two.

I trust that clarifies the matter satisfactorillllliiielly.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 09:03 pm
Do they have stage effects in the 4th dimension, and is time and timing important with all that, beyond our world? I mean, is time like another stage effect like that dude was saying women are?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 11:41 pm
Disclaimer:

Can I just say (before Lola comes in and kicks my Arkansas) that I know nothing about Lola and drew all my conclusions from an avatar and a poor knowledge of British music.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:01 am
E.M.

Stage effects are in the 3rd.One can view them dispassionately from higher up.

Take aftershave.

Time stands still in the 4th but it continues as usual in the 3rd.
0 Replies

val

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 03:00 am
Spendius

No sir!
In part I agree with you, sir, but there is the problem of the 5th dimension. I only accept 4.
When you shave yourself in front of a mirror and you see your face reflected in the glass, you say, "it is me, Spendius".
But who is watching Spendius? Who sees the reflection of Spendius eyes?
You can say: Spendius is shaving. But no, the reality is that you are seeing something you call Spendius shaving itself. You are not shaving, you are watching the thing Spendius shaving himself.
So, there is a Spendius watching the Spendius thing. A Spendius behind Spendius.

The Spendius watcher is the number 1. It is the "I". He stays in a dimension were there is no space or time. The Spendius nÂș 2, the observed, lives in this sad three dimensional world.

So, I am talking to two Spendius. The one sitting in front of the computer -the 3 dimensional Spendius - and the one that is observing Spendius-the- sitting-man.

But which of the two Vals is saying this?

Kind regards, sir. And also kind regards to you, sir.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 04:23 am
Val:-

It would help enormously if you would desist from the gamma minus use of "sir" when you address me.I'm not saying you ought to because that would be ridiculous but I am saying that it would help enormously in the sense that it is very difficult for me,and I only speak for myself,as usual,to maintain that respect for you which I am used to giving to threaders and I think that a modicum of respect is the minimum I need to get myself up for constructing replies,which,as you probably know take some time and trouble both of which require some sacrifice.

Whether you are trying to trap me into admitting that I shave I do not know but if you are I'm afraid you will be disappointed.But I take your point.

Allowing your thought experiment its due then,and not being picky and pedantic about it,it behoves me to imagine myself shaving in front of a mirror.I can do that such is the power of my imagination.

What I would be likely to say to myself on seeing my reflection is some variation of "by heck! lad,you are a crafty so and so".I used "so and so" there because I am conscious of being read by Americans and the actual words I would use are not always understood by them.

As you so intelligently perceive there is a difference between seeing myself and seeing my reflection.In fact one can only see oneself when one has risen into the 4th and that is unlikely when one is engaged in shaving or any other mundane activity.My reflection would be different from my actual self as the light waves travelling to the mirror and back are subject to some slight mediations due to factors extra motion will explain to you if you were to ask him to do so.

Thus,in this situation of the 3rd,nobody is seeing me and the mirror is simply a device to prevent me cutting my throat and therefore boring.It is a little like when a living organic object is studied under a microscope where the object is modified by its situation of being under a microscope and having bright lights shone upon it which it may not be used to.It becomes a modified object and that is all one can study.Not the object itself.

Suppose,seeing that we are doing thought experiments,that one was having an eye operation and one was having it filmed and one was viewing the film through a mirror in a smoky room with the other eye.

There are difficulties with mirrors which is why I try to avoid them.They have a tendency to cause people to try to alter their appearance to fit in with a television induced stereotype which they believe,big word that,others will approve of and,as a result of that approval,fall in with their plans whatsoever they might be.

Now,spendius,and that is the correct form,not only never shaves but is unable to do so.spendius is an abstract concept.spendius is entirely mental.Anybody can sit in front of a computer and remain in the 3rd.The entity which creates the form and substance of the post is in the 4th and employs the being in the 3rd for the purpose of conveying messages from this superior dimension to those with the necessary skills to decode it.

So there is no spendius behind spendius.There is spendius creating literary productions and this dingbat who's task it is to manifest those productions for such as may benefit from them.

This explains,I hope,why messages to and fro in the 3rd are,in essence,little different from what can be heard in a bus queue of strangers passing the time until the bus comes.

One might call the 4th "reverie".Being able to translate the content of reverie into a form which others can maybe glimpse is the task the serious artist is engaged in.

As Bob Dylan said-

"In the jingle-jangle morning I'll come following you"

A careful listen to a 1981 live version of that song might give you a better idea than I can.

Regards.
0 Replies

val

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 05:29 am
spendius

Sorry. I deeply regret calling you "sir" or "professor". But you know, it was not me, the one that is in the 4 dimension. Let's say, the "URVAL". It was the Valthing that types the keyboard, the "UNDERVAL". I must have a serious talk with it.

And I am sorry about the shaving thing. I realize it's a very, very intimate matter.

About mirrors, I didn't know you hated them. You are not alone, Jorge Luis Borges had the same feelings. He wrote: "Mirrors and copulation are abominable because they multiply the human beings".

About your dissertation I am sure that if I could understand it, I would be against.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:55 am
Val or Urval or Valthing,

Urval will have understood my post and will be processing it.It,my post,was designed for Urval.The Val won't.The Val is used to posts in the 3rd which is why the Urval is generally disappointed with them.You're interest suggests your Urval is beginning to play a larger role in your life.The Urval is fascinated with mysterious states like the 4th.But you do need to keep it under some sort of control most of the time otherwise your companions will think you are nuts like mine do me in the pub,especially late on.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 11:41 am
Spendius

I have had enough of your psychobabble........I think I hear the van carrying the guys in white coats.................
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 12:45 pm
Hey man!You hit the 4th there for a moment.Stick at it.It improves your literary skills no end.
0 Replies