What could I take for bad acid reflux?

Jewels Vern

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:29 am
@Linkat,
Acid reducers can be deadly too. Why have you not whined about that advice? When you neutralize acid you get CO2 bubbles. They force the valve open and push acid bubbles into the esophagus. That causes burns which increase the discomfort instead of reducing it. Oh, and B vitamins are never deadly. You didn't know any of that, did you?
izzythepush

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 04:34 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

You didn't know any of that, did you?

How could she? You've only just pulled it out of your arse.
Linkat

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 07:06 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

Acid reducers can be deadly too. Why have you not whined about that advice? When you neutralize acid you get CO2 bubbles. They force the valve open and push acid bubbles into the esophagus. That causes burns which increase the discomfort instead of reducing it. Oh, and B vitamins are never deadly. You didn't know any of that, did you?

I did not "whine" at all. What I did was clarify that going by a stray person's advice on an internet forum for medical reasons is dumb. As far as individuals suggesting acid reducers, I did not say anything as those that gave such advice also advised to seek medical advice from their doctor (which I also stated can help but you should seek medical guidance). You never stated to seek medical advice that is the issue - just go test it out by taking some vitamins.

Neither too much vitamin B nor acid reducer are likely to be deadly, but either one if taken too much can cause issues - too much vitamins is actually toxic to the body.

But aside from the above argument - I take advice from an experienced doctor and a experienced and licensed nutritionist - not some bozo on the internet.

If the doctor and/or nutritionist suggested that this B vitamin would be beneficial to my daughter then I would listen to their reasoning and follow what would be best.

As I have become more familiar with the situation I have learned through experienced knowledgeable individuals that each situation is different for each individual - some people need little change (maybe simply using acid reducer or not drinking coffee in the morning, etc.) to have a positive change in their acid - others need a more rigorous diet (like my daughter).

And almost anything when taken at too high a level can be deadly - even harmless water - but you did not know that did you?

Sorry but being a common sense and reasonable person I tend to go with those that have studied and practice for years rather than some stray bozo on the internet like yourself.

I would never advice an individual on this forum to take a supplemental or anything even if it were to be "harmless" as you suggest, when they are suffering from a health issue without first suggesting they see a doctor. Yes, I would provide them facts from my personal experience, but I would always suggest going to a doctor as this is someone's health and well being; none of us here are in a position to give good sound advice in place of a medical doctor that is licensed, educated and experienced in the field.

And if you feel otherwise then your advice (no matter how well meaning) could be deadly at worst, or cause more discomfort at best.
Linkat

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 07:21 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Jewels Vern wrote:

You didn't know any of that, did you?

How could she? You've only just pulled it out of your arse.

apropos seeing the subject matter...
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 07:23 am
But back to the writer here - lisa - how are you feeling? Have you had a chance to visit a doctor?

Just wanted you to know I do feel for you - it has been a hard road for my little (well not so little as she is 20) one... fortunately for her she has been having more good days than bad ones now that she has adjusted her diet.
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 12:34 pm
@Linkat,
You demonstrate your total ignorance. Nutrition is not medicine. Telling a person to eat better is not medical advice. I am smart enough to avoid giving anybody medical advice. You really really need to read a few books to learn a few things about the world around you.

Also you have lousy manners. Work on that too, ok?
maxdancona

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 12:44 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels, please just shut up.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:40 pm
@Jewels Vern,
As it is 9-11 I took a vow to be nice today as to what I experienced on that actual fateful day. And to remember what is really important. I was not at home at the time, but actually supposed to fly that day and was getting ready to do so - strangers everyone were kind to each and in my travels during the days following to try to return home.

This made me think that I will not respond in meanness but to say I hope you find some happiness and a way to be kind in return.

My only comment on here was to try to help someone else in a positive way so they feel better as I have been assisting my daughter.

I hope the best for everyone and hope that the writer asking for help - has and.or will find some help here to feel better. Best to you all.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 01:44 pm
I tried Nexium the first month it hit the shelves. It gave me diarrhea for three straight weeks.
0 Replies

lisa1471

Thu 12 Sep, 2019 06:53 am
@Linkat,
oh I see ok. Will do thanks
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Sat 5 Oct, 2019 11:05 am
@Linkat,
There is nothing wrong with seeking advice from a doctor, but you need to remember that doctors have no training in nutrition. None. they don't even know the difference between a nutritionist and a dietitian.

And you don't need professional training to tell people to eat right.
0 Replies