aaaah.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 10:34 am
Yes. I have no arms.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 10:35 am
For what it's worth, the Coyote Ugly is (or used to be) a spectacular dive bar in the East Village/Lower East Side. I spent the best Christmas of my life there (honest) listening to David Allan Coe, shouting Mr. Hankie quotes to some black cowboy at the end of the bar, and listening to a deeply drunk man in a suit tell me about how devastating it was that his sister bought his baby a Tiffany rattle for Christmas. Great times. Free shots of Maker's kept showing up in front of me, pitcher after pitcher went down the gullet, and at the end of the night the credit card machine was busted so we got the whole night's drinking for the ten bucks in cash we had between us. Stumbled back to an overheated co-op to await one of the worst hangovers of my life.

Oh, and there was no dancing. Definitely no dancing whatsoever. Goddamn those Hollywood bastards.

Got, that was a good Christmas.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 10:39 am
Sounds like a good time, for sure, patiodog, and a great way to celebrate Xmas. So, like, did the recent CU movie just make up stuff? I'm deeply shocked!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 10:50 am
(Okay, so I haven't seen the movie. It wasn't exactly directed at my demographic, and I didn't feel like intruding on somebody else's. I'm just making some assumptions about it that, though made from a point of view of prejudiced ignorance, are probably pretty spot on.

God, I feel dirty.)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 11:05 am
Not to worry, patiodog, I didn't see it either, but I saw the ads. I, too, am in the wrong demographic, which, when it comes to this kind of movie, makes me grateful...
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 07:44 am
Ahh a thread where I actually do laugh out loud.Great fun,people.Perhaps I should go to the "What made you smile today" thread and write "Reading Slappys I´m Getting Thirsty Thread".
You know,I´ll do that right now.
0 Replies