Hit Me Baby One More Time

Linkat

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 10:24 am
Tonight starts a new reality show (yes another one). "Hit Me Baby One More Time" tracks down hitmakers from the past and they take the stage in a new competition in which you're the judge! Former Top Ten artists return to perform their trademark hit song along with one of today's current hits. At the end of the night, the live audience votes for their favorites!

During each episode, the five music performers will each perform two songs, one of which will be "their greatest hit" and another that will be a cover of a popular contemporary song. In addition to the performances, Hit Me Baby One More Time will air brief summaries of the performers' backgrounds and updates on their current careers and personal lives.

"This exciting new series will reunite the audience with some of their favorite classic musical performers and groups who will play their hits and then compete against each other in an entertaining battle of the bands," Plestis stated in the network's announcement.

While NBC has yet to announce the identities of any of the show's performers, the show's British edition (still in the middle of its initial season) has featured artists such as Tiffany, Belinda Carlisle, Gloria Gaynor, Howard Jones, and Haddaway.

However these are the bands that I have heard are going to compete: Tiffany, Vanilla Ice, Loverboy, Flock of Seagulls, The Romantics, Sophie B. Hawkins, Wang Chung, Irene Cara, With the Knack, Air Supply, Tommy Tutone, The Motels.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,596 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:15 am
Let me see if I have this right: has-beens vs one-hit wonders? Has the lead singer from Seagulls been released from rehab?

Joe(Hey, Macarana!)Nation
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:28 am
Joe - I saw it last night and Flock of Sea gulls was the worst. Loved there song, but the lead singer has a very rough voice now. He isn't looking too good any more either.

Tiffany was on and she has put on a few pounds. Loverboy is no longer a boy, but he did pretty good singing. Sounded pretty much like he did before - only he look old.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 09:35 pm
Just caught a little bit of the second show.

The show has an English host, and now I hear it it has been showing in England for awhile. Woncer why that is.

Anyway, Vanilla Ice won over The Knack, (My Sharona), the Motels, Haddaway, and a couple of others.

The female lead singer from The Motels looks like she just left a PTA meeting. Very Happy
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:04 am
Keltic - I missed it last week so thanks for the update. I just love to see how these people changed.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 08:01 pm
Irene Cara won tonight, for "What a Feeling".

For once, I agree with the decision.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 09:47 pm
Linkat wrote:
Joe - I saw it last night and Flock of Sea gulls was the worst. Loved there song, but the lead singer has a very rough voice now. He isn't looking too good any more either.

Was he ever good looking? I saw the clip for "I ran so far away" and I didn't think any of them were good looking. Confused
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:28 am
Yeah Prag, you're right - not that he was ever a handsome devil, but he looked even worse.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:51 am
I saw the one with Vanilla Ice.
Sad one he is. He has been charged with battery by his wife. Confused
And they had a semi-behind the scenes of the show on.... a&e??? I think?
Anyway, they were trying to work with these people so that they could 'rejuvinate' thier appearance, thier crowd appeal etc..
He b**ched and moaned the WHOLE time. Calling people stupid, idiotic etc. Sounded like an angry teen.
For some reason, I wasnt too surprised.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 08:17 am
The English host is called Vernon Kaye.

Sometimes I think its the song that wins not the artist.

Shakin Stevens won over here.I havnt seen him on TV for years but his song is one that everybody sings along to.
0 Replies