What types of business opportunities do folks actually want to be called and/or emailed about?

izzythepush

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 09:21 am
@tsarstepan,
I thought "gas pills" were something to stop one farting until I read the rest of Mr Goldman's post. I know a few who could do with some of those.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 09:25 am
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

Here we have the Do Not Call Registry that prevents calls like this. Only registered charities are allowed to cold call. There are some other exceptions but off the top of my head I can't remember what they are.

The only exception we have, and it's not really an exception, are those based outside the country because we have no jurisdiction.

They were very easy to spot, it was always someone with a very English sounding name and a very strong Indian accent.

They only stopped when I moved house and got a new, (ex directory) number.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 09:44 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

What numbers on the registry? The numbers of people who don't want to be called by solicitors?

You are slow to the uptake. Yes. Not sure how you think any of these above posts are ambiguous enough to not figure that out.
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 11:35 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
She's been involved with a number of work-from-home businesses. She's had little or no success with some of them. A number of people didn't respond to calls or emails.

I don't trust random emails or random phone calls from people I don't know, trying to sell me something.

When I am looking for a specific goods or service, I will do my own research for that specific goods or service.

I don't always know what goods or service I will be seeking, until I actually need that service.

The only time a person is going to look for a plumber, is when they unexpectedly need a plumber.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 11:40 am
@Rebelofnj,
I apologize- I misread your posts. Yes, I went to your link.
From https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/qa-telemarketers-sellers-about-dnc-provisions-tsr:

"1. What is the National Do Not Call Registry?
The National Do Not Call Registry is a list of phone numbers from consumers who have indicated their preference to limit the telemarketing calls they receive. The registry is managed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency. It is enforced by the FTC, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and state officials."

What's the problem?

None of the people my mother and I have contacted on those lists I have used have numbers listed with this registry.

The lists I have used consist of people's names, phone numbers and email addresses.
Linkat

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 11:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

What do people WANT?

To be left alone from solicitors -perhaps if you can have a business that prevents getting unsolicited phone calls you might be onto something.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 11:43 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Cold calling is calling someone out of the blue.

Then what's telemarketing? Is that the same thing?

I used to work as a telemarketer years ago with my dad. I worked in an office. We worked for a security alarm company. We pitched both home security alarms and home heating oil.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 11:49 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

None of the people my mother and I have contacted on those lists I have used have numbers listed with this registry.

The lists consists of people's names, phone numbers and email addresses.

You don't know that. I'm 99% positive that you didn't sign up here or referenced the following Telemarketing or Do Not Call Registry FAQ. Because the service isn't free.
https://i.imgur.com/ty1ums2.jpg
Since, you or your mother are unlikely to be incorporated or recognized as being qualified to access the site. I'm calling bull. And I suspect that what skeezy and questionable company your mother may or may not be working for? That they also haven't subscribed to this legally mandated federal regulatory agency.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 11:51 am
I will ask again, since NO ONE has answered the topic question:

What types of business opportunities DO folks actually want to be called and/or emailed about?

THERE ARE GOODS AND SERVICES THAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN.

WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING THE TOPIC QUESTION?

THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO FIND OUT WHAT GOODS AND SERVICES PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE AND WANT.

tsarstepan

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 11:57 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

What types of business opportunities do folks actually want to be called and/or emailed about?

There aren't any. Literally zero. One can flippantly answer to affirmatively wanting to be emailed about being granted large amounts of cash (sans any conditions or terms held against the person accepting the grant) but no one believes that will happen.

Quote:
THERE ARE GOODS AND SERVICES THAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN.

NO there are not. And everyone here implied it, if not openly said so.

I will take the liberty to blatantly answer your original question.

THERE ARE LITERALLY NO GOODS OR SERVICES THAT I OR A FEW MILLION PERSONS WANT OR NEED THAT COULD COME FROM COLD CALLING OR TELEMARKETING.
Do not read into this or try to cipher out any hidden messages that you may delusionally insist that there is a possible YES/AFFIRMATION to your OP question. There isn't one in there and likely never will be.

Quote:
WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING THE TOPIC QUESTION?

It's an idiotic absurd question.
JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 11:58 am
@tsarstepan,
NO IT IS NOT, AND SCREW OFF. YOU ARE ON MY IGNORE LIST.
0 Replies