Bush claims Terrorists trained to disassemble

parados

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 06:57 pm
I was driving home tonight and heard part of Bush's Rose Garden news conference. I about drove off the road when I heard him say this. I had to track it down on CSpan and find it just to be sure I heard it correctly. I have transcribed it so you can enjoy it without having to listen to it.

The question preceding this is 20:36 minutes into the news conference from May 31. Found at www.cspan.org
Play and listen for yourself.

Quote:
uh, uh, I am aware of the Amnesty International report and it is absurd. It's an absurd allegation. The United States is a country that is, uh, promotes freedom around the world. When there's accusations made about certain actions by our people, they are fully investigated in a transparent way. It's an absurd allegation, in terms of, you know, the detainees, you know, we've had thousands of people detained. We've investigated every single complaint against the detainees. It seems like to me they base some of their decisions on the word of uh, and the allegations of people that were held in detention, people that hate America. People that had been trained in some instances to disassemble. That means not tell the truth. So it's an absurd report. It just is and uhÂ…. (points for next question.)

But Mr President have we investigated the allegations OF the detainees?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,209 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 07:00 pm
I think it's the president who needs to be disassembled. Is English a second language for this clown?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:04 am
The sad part is that people buy it even though pictures have already told the story on a lot of the abuses. And then we have others who will say anything in the world to whitewash it rather than own up to it. It's all depressing.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:15 am
The depressing part is that our president doesn't know the difference between dissemble and disassemble.

I had a good laugh as he explained the meaning of dissassemble as being not telling the truth. It gives a whole new meaning to his attempt to disassemble the SS system.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:31 am
Little better is to be anticipated from those who support the Shrub . . . one of our members here has started a thread (long after several others were started on the topic) of the subject of "Deep Throat." This member accounces that "Deep Throat" has been identifated . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:38 am
I am in total disrepair about the future of the Armenian sandwich.

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Dammit, I meaned the Armenglish languish.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:41 am
My 14 year old and I plopped down in front of the tv for a minute to rest from the work we had been doing. The president was speaking. We came in on the conference just about 10 seconds before the above section.

Son in chair, me on couch, president on tv speaking in some sort of hard to understand jibberish. President gets to "People that had been trained in some instances to disassemble. That means not tell the truth.

(Sons head whiplashes left to look at me)

I say, "No, son, dissassemble does not mean to not tell the truth."

Son laughs, lowering and shaking his head.

We got up and went back to work, son wondering how the adults in his world could have elected this idiot, and me wondering if we'll make it through the next three years.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:38 am
Bush is in the wrong profession. He should have been a comedian. On second thought he is. The only problem is the joke is on America.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:45 am
What did the nation expect when it elected a guy who employs Norm Crosby as a speechwriter?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 10:08 am
This quote from your Norm Crosby site kind of says it all Joe...

Quote:
"Intonation is the sincerest form of battery."
0 Replies