Russia, China seek Security Council meeting after US missile test

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 10:37 pm
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/08/russia-china-seek-security-council-meeting-missile-test-190822010543180.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d5e1a7057819f000168eeca&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3TWkjkuwq5JJYrxVYqeWslUSo5PRay9e404da7zQ4eLLCAn6q4kmsR7fQ
First I heard of it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,247 • Replies: 5
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 08:30 am
The Tomahawk is a good missile. If we give thousands of ground-launched Tomahawks to Japan, and give thousands more to Taiwan, the Chinese government will have second thoughts about starting a war.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 12:15 pm
@oralloy,
Why don't we make you ecstatic and nuke china.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 04:49 pm
@RABEL222,
Mr. Trump is going to have us start building 455 kiloton warheads for our ICBMs.

Note:
"Sustain and modernize the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile with five programs currently underway (W76-2 Modification Program, B61-12 Life Extension Program, W80-4 Life Extension Program, W88 Alteration 370, and W87-1 Modification Program)"
http://www.energy.gov/nnsa/budget

This is good news. For too long our ICBMs have been stuck with warheads of about a third of a megaton. Warheads in the half-megaton class are better.

These 455 kiloton warheads will still be light enough to serve as MIRVs on a solid-fueled ICBM, so we'll still be able to stick three of them on each of the new longer range Minuteman missiles when they are built.

You of course speak only for yourself with your call to start a catastrophic war.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 06:51 pm
@oralloy,
Ollie, if you bother to check back you are the one calling for an increase in neuclar weapons. I thought you would surely want to use them and am just trying to appease your appetite for death and destruction. If I am wrong maybe you should tone down wanting to increase an arsenal that can destroy the world 10 times over.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 07:36 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Ollie, if you bother to check back you are the one calling for an increase in neuclar weapons.

No need to check back. Just see my above post.

RABEL222 wrote:
I thought you would surely want to use them and am just trying to appease your appetite for death and destruction.

Our nuclear weapons are for when conventional weapons are not enough to prevent us or our allies from being destroyed.

RABEL222 wrote:
maybe you should tone down wanting to increase an arsenal that can destroy the world 10 times over.

Never! It's important that we build higher-yield MIRVs for our ICBMs.

Going from a third of a megaton to half a megaton might not sound like much, but when you are pounding a country with hundreds of warheads in the space of a few minutes, that increased devastation really adds up fast.

Giving the order to build half-megaton MIRVs for our ICBMs may be the most important thing that Mr. Trump has ever done.
0 Replies