DeLay blasts "Law and Order"

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 01:35 pm
DeLay angered by 'Law & Order' mention

Quote:
The controversy centers around Wednesday's episode in which a police officer investigating a murder of a federal judge suggested putting out an all points bulletin for "somebody in a Tom DeLay T-shirt."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 598 • Replies: 13
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 01:59 pm
Oh good grief.

Is his career over yet?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 02:22 pm
not in telly-land
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 02:39 pm
Tom says:
Quote:
"I can only assume last night's slur was in response to comments I have made in the past about the need for Congress to closely monitor the federal judiciary, as prescribed in our constitutional system of checks and balances."

No, Tom, they picked your hame out of a cowboy hat, and what do you mean by closely monitor?

Joe(My monitor has a contrast button, his has a trigger)Nation
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 02:44 pm
DeLay said, "We will look at an arrogant, out-of-control, unaccountable judiciary that thumbed their nose at Congress and the president."

arrogant bastard.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 02:46 pm
Joe (about this hat thing) Nation, you got some kind of problem with cowboy hats? some of my best friends wear cowboy hats and are welcome in my house anytime (they do use the back door)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 03:06 pm
I beg your most humble pardon. I certainly did not mean to imply that the hat belonged to anyone the likes of Tom DeLay. Although I did see a photo of him at the Crawford Ranch back a few weeks ago when Bush was trying to give him some cover time. They were both wearing black Short Rimmed Stetsons, the kind they hand out to the dudes so they won't look like floor lamps with over-sized shades as they mince their way through the mud and it's pretty hard to get enough South wind under one of those to get it blown off. Cowboys they are not.

As for the friends of yours who wear cowboy hats, the first thing I learned when I got to Texas was that you only took your hat off if you were dead, or the man you just shot was, but then only momentarily in either case.

I met a man once who proudly told me he had five kinds of **** on his boots: horseshit, cowshit, dogshit, bullshit and a turd from the man who tried to knock his hat off.

Joe(God, I do love talking cowboy)Nation
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 03:17 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
I beg your most humble pardon. I certainly did not mean to imply that the hat belonged to anyone the likes of Tom DeLay. Although I did see a photo of him at the Crawford Ranch back a few weeks ago when Bush was trying to give him some cover time. They were both wearing black Short Rimmed Stetsons, the kind they hand out to the dudes so they won't look like floor lamps with over-sized shades as they mince their way through the mud and it's pretty hard to get enough South wind under one of those to get it blown off. Cowboys they are not.

As for the friends of yours who wear cowboy hats, the first thing I learned when I got to Texas was that you only took your hat off if you were dead, or the man you just shot was, but then only momentarily in either case.

I met a man once who proudly told me he had five kinds of **** on his boots: horseshit, cowshit, dogshit, bullshit and a turd from the man who tried to knock his hat off.

Joe(God, I do love talking cowboy)Nation

"judge, he needed killin'."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 03:23 pm
whew.(never throw a stetson on the bed, it's just rude)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 03:26 pm
I never understood if throwing the Stetson on the bed ruined the hat or the coverlet.

Joe(There's no need for me to remove my hat, Madam, this will only take a moment.)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 04:03 pm
I never wear hats . . . this model comes with a thick layer of wool on the pate, and i overheat easily . . . they couldn't even get me to wear a hat in the Army . . . well, 'cept when it came to a steel pot--lotta them boys in training were walkin' around with firearms, ammo and no clue . . . they'd never heard a shot fired in boredom, much less anger . . . when i was overseas an' they handed me a steel pot, i plunked 'er on my noggin for what i consider obvious reasons . . .

Otherwise, i'm opposed to hats on principle . . .
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 04:41 pm
I wear a cowboy-type Stetson when it's raining or snowing. Beats an umbrella for keeping the wet from out of your collar and off your shoulders. And it keeps the hands free.

But, meanwhile, Tom DeLay is yesterday's news (he said, hopefully). Kudos to the writers in L&O who came up with that line.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:51 pm
Setanta wrote:
Otherwise, i'm opposed to hats on principle . . .

me too !

hats are just another cover up.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:53 pm
Cowboy hats are ok. But I detest baseball caps. They don't look good on me. Correction. I don't look good in them. Make me look like a skinny old man with no taste.
0 Replies