UN Reform

JTT

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:14 am
We hear so often, mostly from US sources, though not entirely that the UN is in need of reform.

Gunga alluded to this, but it's been mentioned by a number of conservative folk.

What exactly needs to be reformed? Surely there's more to this than just a talking point.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 541 • Replies: 7
No top replies

rayban1

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:29 am
Re: UN Reform
JTT wrote:
We hear so often, mostly from US sources, though not entirely that the UN is in need of reform.

Gunga alluded to this, but it's been mentioned by a number of conservative folk.

What exactly needs to be reformed? Surely there's more to this than just a talking point.

Sounds to me as though you are satisfied with the status quo of corruptness and inepetness that has led to near total irrelevance.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:37 am
Re: UN Reform
rayban1 wrote:
JTT wrote:

Sounds to me as though you are satisfied with the status quo of corruptness and inepetness that has led to near total irrelevance.

I was kinda hopin' for something in the way of factual material that would highlight the "problems", Rayban. I believe that you offered a talking point.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 08:01 am
JTT
Even with a fast computer it would take a couple of days to list the facts regarding problems generated by the UN, and only a second or two to list any problems solved by the UN.

BTW.....what planet are you from? Sounds as though you don't know much about the UN
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 08:12 am
rayban1 wrote:
JTT
Even with a fast computer it would take a couple of days to list the facts regarding problems generated by the UN, and only a second or two to list any problems solved by the UN.

BTW.....what planet are you from? Sounds as though you don't know much about the UN

Is it any wonder you've attracted the moniker, Rayban the tangent man? Why is it so easy for you to repeat talking points, Rayban and so difficult to form a cogent argument, complete with facts.

Don't rush yourself, take a day or so to think this over and gather some factual material.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 09:10 am
JTT wrote:
rayban1 wrote:
JTT

Is it any wonder you've attracted the moniker, Rayban the tangent man? Why is it so easy for you to repeat talking points, Rayban and so difficult to form a cogent argument, complete with facts.

Don't rush yourself, take a day or so to think this over and gather some factual material.

You can count on it ........... I'll try to "dumb it down" for your limited analytical capability..... Laughing Actually it will be a day or two before I get back from visiting my grand children. You know.....those little people that you guys cause me to worry so about. I hope you guys don't really represent the new leadership that will determine the fate of my grand children..........please lord, tell me this is a bad dream.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 02:38 pm
SOURCE (Can you IMAGINE the World outcry if the soldiers that did this had been AMERICANS! God man, the World Press would have crucified us and we would have had Americans being hung from lamp posts all over Europe, but I guess since they were European troops serving under the UN flag, it's ok to ignore it!)

The Oil for Anan ... I'm sorry, the Oil for Food program. (1) (2) (3)

Allowing the genocide in Rwanda to occur and doing NOTHING.

Putting Syria on the UN Human Rights Council and putting LYBIA in charge of that Council !
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 03:23 pm
The Security Council needs to serve a purpose.

They need to say what they mean and mean what they say.

They are not above the law--and this needs to be reflected.

Idiocy like Qaddafi or the Sudan on Human Rights Committees should speak for itself.

If you don't understand that, you need reform as well.
0 Replies