Endgame

PDiddie

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 07:38 am
This is an editorial from Buzzflash.com:

It's the endgame of a mad, politically calculated war. From the beginning, everyone's agreed that Saddam Hussein is a bad man, almost a prototype for a villain in a James Bond Film.

But that's where the agreement stopped. The Bush Cartel, for a variety of politically and financially calculated reasons, decided that a war that could cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars was of strategic importance to its world domination game plan -- and to a second term for George W. Bush.

The corporate media -- for reasons of financial interest combined with sheer ineptitude -- enabled and facilitated a rush to war that was transparently self-serving for the Chickenhawks in the White House. The Democrats, as usual, allowed the Grand Hypocrisy Party (GHP) to define the issue in such a way that it marginalized any dissent. This despite the fact that the Bush Cartel brazenly used lies and shifting justifications to mask the real reasons for the war.

In a just-published book about Karl Rove, "Bush's Brain," a Democratic political consultant is quoted as saying about the Bush Cartel: "They just picked a war they could win....It has to be the most evil political calculation in American history."

Endgame
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 960 • Replies: 5
No top replies

JoanLee

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 08:08 am
PDiddie

A good editorial. Thanks. Those of us who marched in D C again on Saturday were asking ourselves, "What, now?". Even world opinion doesn't seem to matter to the Bush cabal. I suppose as long as they can retain their base of ultra-conservatives, they assume they can continue to forge ahead...or should I say backwards?

Domestic policy is also a grave concern of many of us, but the war so overshadows everything else, that it appears there's little hope to make a difference there either. I can't recall ever being so politically frustrated.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:58 pm
Thanks PDiddie, enjoyed your post and your viewpoints.
I just keep thinking, I gotta get out of this country, I gotta
get out of this country... it's like a mantra or something, I
wonder if my INNER mind knows something that my OUTER
mind is oblivious to. Could it be that we are all in very real
danger here, NOT BECAUSE OF THE "TERRORISTS", but
because of Bush, Inc.????
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 07:42 am
PDiddie:

If that be true then there may be only one logical end to all this.

http://www.geocities.com/eradicate_98/New_Patriot/Index.htm

But I also think that if we can stick together througout and after this war, work at getting the Democrats back to thier base, and make sure the UN and the rest of the world holds us accountable--there's still hope.

THINK MONGOOSE!
0 Replies

JoanLee

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 08:18 am
Perhaps I am just feeling extra "down" today, but I am envisioning Bush finding "evidence" (much like the other evidence he, Powell, and Blair, have been fabricating) proving that Saddam was building nukes. Only this time, due to public apathy, it will be believed. The invasion will be justified and Bush will become a hero. Too cynical? Please, someone tell me I am way off base.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 12:14 pm
(this is from The Horse: )

George W. Bush's expression, at first glance, might have screamed, "I'm a terrified omega simian out of my depth and making it up as I go!" But there can be no doubt God's Chosen One evinced nothing but sheer, unfettered Boldness and Moral Clarity throughout his war cry.

And those not terribly schooled in the nuances of foreign relations might have first mistaken the speech for a string of outrageous, long-refuted lies and deceptions put forth by what our Canadian friends call "a bastard," but now must recognize that when one really thinks about it, one realizes those "lies" actually represented an understated, purposefully ironic form of impressive audacity.

And at first listen, we ourselves confess to wondering how much further the illegitimate leadership of such an incompetent fraud would undermine US credibility and security in the final two years of Al Gore's term, but upon further reflection and after taking inventory of what the other Kool Kidz were saying, concluded the speech was just one more masterstroke in a series of multilateral machinations in a grand scheme that will deliver the Earth from Evil.

And be warned: it is now officially seditious to question Our President by virtue of the fact that "we're at war."

(Although it's true he's told us "we're at war" since 9/11 in order to gain support for any and all items on his radical right-wing theocratic agenda, we're more "at war" now.)

Besides, don't his critics understand that this man of deep faith is only trying to protect us? As the media have told us repeatedly, there is strong evidence of his deep faith: namely that he stopped coming home drunk at the youthful age of 40, when his children were just three years old.

George W. Bush stole the election from the American voters only to protect us.

He exploited 9/11 to justify every agenda item rejected by the American people in the election he stole, but only to protect us.

In the wake of mass murder of Americans by fundamentalist fanatics, he gave up our civil liberties to fundamentalist fanatic John Ashcroft, only to protect us.

He has alienated the rest of the world thereby creating countless new terrorists and havens for terrorists. But only to protect us.

It's all for our own good. Anyone who doubts it should listen to the national mainstream media, our guardians of democracy. Even the New York Times said George W. Bush "grew" as a result of bombing the fierce and formidable Afghanis and reading a speech.

Criticism of our all grown-up, gravitas-laden, Supreme Court-appointed but Heaven-anointed President leads to chaos.

And we mustn't create chaos in the world.
0 Replies